KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DC comics overpowering

DC comics overpowering
Started by: The-Judge

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The-Judge
Restricted

Account Restricted

DC comics overpowering

except for batman, is it just me, or is every hero from dc totally overpowered?

superman
spectre
green lantern
flash
wonderwoman

and so on

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 08:31 AM
The-Judge is currently offline Click here to Send The-Judge a Private Message Find more posts by The-Judge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galvaclaw

Only if you only read a few DC comics. There are plenty of low powered heroes.

Nightwing
Green Arrow
Ravager
Blue devil
Robin

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 09:07 AM
Galvaclaw is currently offline Click here to Send Galvaclaw a Private Message Find more posts by Galvaclaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tshern
Protein-man

I kinda agree with The-Jugde. JLA, for example, is just a collection of their toughest heroes, what's the point of having a hero team with multiple Class100 guys, loads of people exceeding the speed of light and asskickers who can do pretty much anything you can come up with? That's why I don't like JLA, it's too homogenous...

Respect_Popeye

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 10:07 AM
Tshern is currently offline Click here to Send Tshern a Private Message Find more posts by Tshern Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The-Judge
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nightwing
Green Arrow
Ravager
Blue devil
Robin

not many,,, and robin is a sidekick from batman

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 10:08 AM
The-Judge is currently offline Click here to Send The-Judge a Private Message Find more posts by The-Judge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

they got loads, mr atom, tornado, mr...escape anything guy, plastic man, some of these guys do have good showings, but they got some god aweful showings, jsut to remind you they are no wonder women, or captain marvel and so on

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 10:32 AM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sexyking

Re: DC comics overpowering

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The-Judge

superman
spectre
green lantern
flash
wonderwoman

and so on

roll eyes (sarcastic) Marvels just the same the but instead of having earth hero's they have ridiculously powerful cosmics.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 11:25 AM
sexyking is currently offline Click here to Send sexyking a Private Message Find more posts by sexyking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

Well, at least those cosmics aren't usually the ones we're supposed to root for.

(Eventhough we often do Happy Dance )

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 11:32 AM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Batman
DR Midnite
The Question
Wildcat
Steel
Hourman
Stargirl
Mr Terriffic
Black Canary
Huntress
Hawkgirl
Elongated Man
Animal Man
Miracle Man
Booster Gold
Atom
Blue Beetle

Overpowered, No.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 12:16 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

superman
spectre
green lantern
flash
wonderwoman

and so on

As opposed to Thor, Hulk, Surfer, Juggernaut (TOTAL invulnerability, yeah, thats fair), Phoenix, Heralds, Galactus, Thanos etc.

Both companies have overpowered characters... erm

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 03:17 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The-Judge
Restricted

Account Restricted

well, i know, i havent critized dc comics or mentioned marvel, have i?

i like dc, i was just asking about other thinking that theyre overpoweredsmile

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 03:18 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

well, i know, i havent critized dc comics or mentioned marvel, have i?

i like dc, i was just asking about other thinking that theyre overpoweredsmile

Only in the sense that they have powerful characters, like every other company... so singling them out is a bit silly imo... erm

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 03:20 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: DC comics overpowering

superman
spectre
green lantern
flash
wonderwoman

and so on

Thanos, Silver Surfer, Juggernaut, Galactus, Marvel also gets carry away with powers.

...Almost forgot Wolverine.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 03:22 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

It's not just you. Every single hero in DC is too powerful.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 03:44 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Validus
It's not just you. Every single hero in DC is too powerful.

You think? Dr. light, Ice, Fire, most of the teen titans, lot's of the legion of super heroes, the outsiders, the doom patrol and more, are lower tier to mid tier. Hell lot's of the Jla was lower and middle tier. Hawk Man and Hawk Woman. Vibe, Vixen, Elongated man, Gypsy and the list goes on and on.

Let's see, if every hero in DC was too powerful, then how come on these boards, they are constantly under rated to Silver Surfer and Thor and Sentry?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 03:55 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
You think? Dr. light, Ice, Fire, most of the teen titans, lot's of the legion of super heroes, the outsiders, the doom patrol and more, are lower tier to mid tier. Hell lot's of the Jla was lower and middle tier. Hawk Man and Hawk Woman. Vibe, Vixen, Elongated man, Gypsy and the list goes on and on.

Let's see, if every hero in DC was too powerful, then how come on these boards, they are constantly under rated to Silver Surfer and Thor and Sentry?

(please log in to view the image)

OBJECTION!!!

(please log in to view the image)

It has been explicitly stated that these boards are DC biased, thus should win all battles by default!

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 03:57 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

You think?

Yes. Every single one. 100%

Pretty confusing since this forum is DC biased.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 03:58 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MightyEInherjar
Two Ravens Above Us

I think that DC gave it's favorite character the best-of-the-best abilities. You rarely see someone very linear with their powers who's one of their bigger guys in their universe. Insane speed, insane strength, insane durability, etc.

In my opinion, lots of the guys in DC are in no way compatible to Marvel - they're just too powerful. That's why Marvel fans bring out the cosmics to fight DC heroes. no one's going to be able to put down a man with a cape that can move galaxies around and hold black holes in his hand unless it's some type of otherworldly being.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 05:01 PM
MightyEInherjar is currently offline Click here to Send MightyEInherjar a Private Message Find more posts by MightyEInherjar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Marvel = Great midtier range of heroes and badguys. Top tier often jobs to the street side, which is hella annoying.
Usually more traditional with the villains being much more powerful than the badguys. Marvel villains exist, because the heroes aren't powerful enough to destroy them all.

DC = Either street, or top tier. Their middle is floundering, alot. Top tier jobs at times, but only to the Batfamily. Them alone. Deathstroke is part of the batfamily.
Same reactive heroes, but many times, the heroes allow the badguys to exist and do bad, since they have a no kill clause for the most part.
The popular ones, that is.
DC, alot of villains tend to exist, cuz the heroes tend to wanna stay above them in morale certainty.
Though keeping them alive is endangering more people than you can imagine.

Marvel cosmics aren't even that powerful in relation.
The most powerful hero Marvel has, is likely to be the Surfer.

People say that they have more powerful cosmics, only cuz they are seen more.

Funny thing about DC though. They never thought to give their badguys supersets. High brick types that is.

Despero would own if he could run at mach 134 and react at lightspeed.
As would DD and Grundy ect.
But Superman and the Marvels can. So when they don't, it really pisses alot of people off.

Imo, villains should clearly be more powerful than badguys. No point in going after someone who can beat the stuffing outta you. Thats clearly idiotic.
Villains should have no reason to fear heroes.
It should be the other way around.
Because even if i can throw a punch that levels cities, if i have an archnemisis that can do the same, but five hundred times in one second, you better believe he won't be my main nemesis long.
Superman my arch rival?? Nah. Moving down the line to Superboy i'll be.

I don't have a problem with Superman physically being stronger than Darky.
If this Darky is the continuation of Kirby Darkseid, its to be expected.
My problem comes when Superman sees Darky. Or even finds out who's behind last years Superhero massacre.
Darky should always remain behind the scenes, pulling strings and other dastardly machinations.
He's like the ultimate plotter, with an unbeatable attack that he can hit you with from another dimension.
There is no need for me to leave my house to see you, if i can shoot you with a laser from my attic.

How Darky got into the mix, i'll never know.

Last edited by UniOmni on Aug 28th, 2006 at 05:24 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 05:21 PM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Since when is KMC dc biased?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 05:23 PM
The-Judge
Restricted

Account Restricted

well, i mean, normal heroes like superman can move an planetbig grin they cant do that in marvel, only the cosmics... and spectre is realitymanupilating

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 05:25 PM