KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » The Avengers vs. The Dark Knight Rises (opening nite & wknd)

The Avengers vs. The Dark Knight Rises (opening nite & wknd)
Started by: Scarlet315

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (29): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scarlet315

The Avengers vs. The Dark Knight Rises (opening nite & wknd)

I just wanted to see what you guys think was going to have the biggest opening night, wknd, etc. On the one hand you have the avengers which will be the first movie, correct me if i'm wrong where they take characters from other movies and collaborate them in one. You then have the dark knight returns, which will be the last of the trilogy of chris nolan and seeing how according to viewers it got only better, the third should be even more.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 09:38 PM
Scarlet315 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet315 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet315 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I think Uwe Boll's effort at that time will beat both movies.

I'm guessing he'll make a sick Dead Space flick

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 09:46 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

No superhero movie is going to have more hype than tdkr.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 10:29 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Re: The Avengers vs. The Dark Knight Rises (opening nite & wknd)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scarlet315
the dark knight returns, which will be the last of the trilogy of chris nolan and seeing how according to viewers it got only better, the third should be even more.

Exactly like the X-Men "trilogy"

eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 04:11 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

One reason that "The Dark Knight" made so much money is because the guy playing the Joker (Heath Ledger) died in real life before it was released. Like it or not, that raised HUGE publicity/curiosity for the movie.

Now, it just so happens the movie was worth every penny it made (it was great), but still, TDKR won't make as much as The Dark Knight did.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 04:54 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
One reason that "The Dark Knight" made so much money is because the guy playing the Joker (Heath Ledger) died in real life before it was released. Like it or not, that raised HUGE publicity/curiosity for the movie.

Now, it just so happens the movie was worth every penny it made (it was great), but still, TDKR won't make as much as The Dark Knight did.

WOM had more impact.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 08:40 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I doubt it. Brandon Lee died during The Crow but its not like that made it one of the biggest movies of all time.

The movie sold itself. Heath certainly helped a lot in that his acting was was fantastic.

Also the quality of Batman Begins helped sell The Dark Knight.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 09:35 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I doubt it. Brandon Lee died during The Crow but its not like that made it one of the biggest movies of all time.

The movie sold itself. Heath certainly helped a lot in that his acting was was fantastic.

Also the quality of Batman Begins helped sell The Dark Knight.
You're really not comparing "The Crow" to "The Dark Knight", are you? Really?

The Crow did get a boost from Lee's death. But not as big a boost. It just flat wasn't a great movie. It was/is a cult classic, nothing more. Dark Knight was actually a good movie. It did get a huge amount of additional press from Ledger's death. I remember it clearly. It still would have sold a ton without it. But I remember all the freaks dressed up like Joker while waiting in line for the movie...only time I've ever seen that.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 05:06 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I'm personally more psyched for the Avengers as it's incredibly ambitious to showcase Marvel's premier heroes in a single film. That being said, TDKR is likely going to get more hype from coasting on the previous films success alone.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 07:17 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet315

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'm personally more psyched for the Avengers as it's incredibly ambitious to showcase Marvel's premier heroes in a single film. That being said, TDKR is likely going to get more hype from coasting on the previous films success alone.

Yeah likewise. I even think that the avengers will do better than the titantic or whatever movie is suppose to have had the highest opening. I mean this movie even before production is in its own class and i'm paraphrasing what c. hemsworth said 'having all these characters already being set up so you could get a feel about what they are about and then putting them in a film together.' It's gonna be bananas is what im trying to say. Don't get me wrong, i think the dark knight, dc even is good too. Though marvel is my favorite i still love flash comics, green lantern comics, i thought the movie wasn't bad either. I even like the flashpoint series. What they are doing with the dark knight is a good move too with bane. I was actually hoping for someone like killer croc, but bane is good too.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 08:02 PM
Scarlet315 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet315 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet315 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I hope they don't add useless comedy like IM 2. That was one of the main reasons I didn't like the film. Scarlet Johanson wasn't very good as well. But that was mainly because of the script.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 08:23 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet315

Originally posted by Prep-Man
I hope they don't add useless comedy like IM 2. That was one of the main reasons I didn't like the film. Scarlet Johanson wasn't very good as well. But that was mainly because of the script.

Yeah i know. The thing that sucked most about SJ was that she didnt have an accent. I mean don't get me wrong she was hot as hell. Definetly have the physique and all that, just dont know why they decided to let her keep her american accent. Movie wouldve been alot better, she wouldve been a lot hotter if they gave her i think russian accent.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 08:30 PM
Darth Thor

You're really not comparing "The Crow" to "The Dark Knight", are you? Really?

The Crow did get a boost from Lee's death. But not as big a boost. It just flat wasn't a great movie. It was/is a cult classic, nothing more. Dark Knight was actually a good movie. It did get a huge amount of additional press from Ledger's death. I remember it clearly. It still would have sold a ton without it. But I remember all the freaks dressed up like Joker while waiting in line for the movie...only time I've ever seen that.

Because we saw scenes of him as the Joker in scenes and trailers, and we could see he was awsome in it. Hell I was propa hyped to see it myself.

Like I said his ACTING helped make the movie so damn huge. That added to word of mouth about how great the first movie was. Not Heath's death. A comic book movie doesn't make a Billion dollars because someone died LOL

And btw Crow was a damn good movie. Not good enough to be one of the greatest of all time... But Dark Knight was, Thats why it made money.

Oh and Brandon Lee dying on set was big news. Especially considering the way his dad died.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jun 18th, 2011 at 09:05 PM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 09:02 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

I'm more excited for The Avengers just for the sheer novelty of it,but I think Batman will probably fair better.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 10:15 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Scarlet315
Yeah likewise. I even think that the avengers will do better than the titantic or whatever movie is suppose to have had the highest opening.

Lol It took 11 years for a movie to beat Titanic, and that was another James Cameron film. Avengers has no hope of that kind of success.

It would be a massive hit if it can beat Iron Man at the box office, but I wuldn't get your hopes up of that even.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 01:27 AM
WhiteWitchKing

Lol It took 11 years for a movie to beat Titanic, and that was another James Cameron film. Avengers has no hope of that kind of success.

It would be a massive hit if it can beat Iron Man at the box office, but I wuldn't get your hopes up of that even.

It's not going to be Titanic but it stands a far better chance than most film's in my opinion. Hell, if they threw Wolverine and Spiderman in then I'll bet you it could surpass Titanic. But as it stands though, Iron Man going to be in this and that alone will bring big numbers. You're looking at Downey, Johanson, and Jackson who're all big stars. Hensworth and Evans is another reason for the female demographic to go see it. If Captain America does Thor number, the Avengers have good chance of beating TDKR.

Just saw the star line up for TDKR, man that's a bunch of good actors. Not A-list stars but definitely some A-list actors. This could be an interesting showdown. The Avengers cast has the star named actors and interesting characters while the Dark Knight Rises has the quality actors and Christopher Nolan as their director. Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and Hulk over shadow Batman, Catwoman, Bane, and Ra's Al Ghul in recognition. The Joker is and will always be one of comicdom's most infamously known character to the public. He's not in this; hence, the TDKR would be lucky to reach the height of the Dark Knight.

My prediction is that the Avengers beat the Dark Knight Rising worldwide in sales. Both will be good movies, but the Dark Knight Rising is going to be the better movie without a doubt.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 06:11 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Like I said his ACTING helped make the movie so damn huge. That added to word of mouth about how great the first movie was. Not Heath's death. A comic book movie doesn't make a Billion dollars because someone died LOL
Ok, you're completely right. The news and all the other forms of media rampantly discussing his death and how it may have been related to the film's dark setting/joker's mood had NOTHING to do with it. Obviously you are right and I'm just not remembering things correctly.
quote:

And btw Crow was a damn good movie. Not good enough to be one of the greatest of all time... But Dark Knight was, Thats why it made money.
Crow was a good movie, nothing more. Honestly, this is completely a matter of opinion. But if we're going off ratings, the critics agree that it's not as good as you are trying to make it sound.
quote:

Oh and Brandon Lee dying on set was big news. Especially considering the way his dad died.
Yes, it was big news. But Brandon Lee was not an A list actor at the time. Ledger was. In fact Ledger was on the verge of becoming a top 5 actor probably. Dark Knight would have no doubt propelled him to the top. There is a huge difference between the two, and the amount of press they got. I was there for both.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 07:02 AM
Senor Cage

Top 5 actor? I guess there is no accounting for taste. Ledger wasn't THAT big and he did help the movie, but WOM was bigger than Ledger's death. Not to mention that Batman Begins helped the interest as well.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 07:43 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Top 5 actor? I guess there is no accounting for taste. Ledger wasn't THAT big and he did help the movie, but WOM was bigger than Ledger's death. Not to mention that Batman Begins helped the interest as well.
LOL, oh NOES?!?!? Now you're trolling me in this thread too? Gasp?!

Notice I said PROBABLY after my top five actor comment. I don't think he is/would be by my opinion. But getting payed/drawing big roles? Probably. Unless you take probably to mean 100% fact. Judging by your logic in past posts, I'd guess you do.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 07:55 AM
Senor Cage

I troll nobody! mad

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 07:56 AM