KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Ironman.... The God Killer?

Ironman.... The God Killer?
Started by: armedforbattle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DragonRider19
Kurt Phucking Angle

Ironman.... The God Killer?

What do you think about the new armor? And Ironman joining GotG?
Do you like where marvel is going with Tony?
(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

The Ankle Butcher, Patriotic Entity,
Earths Mightiest Hero, KURT PHUCKING ANGLE.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 10:44 AM
DragonRider19 is currently offline Click here to Send DragonRider19 a Private Message Find more posts by DragonRider19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Wait... He's gonna fight the Phoenix?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 10:46 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I thought that cover just represented Ironman after the effects of the recent Phoenix Saga.

Super excited about him joining GOTG though.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 12:44 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Oh okay.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 12:50 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I like this armor design a lot. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 03:24 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-

I doubt that's possible since the Phoenix already died in the finale of AvX.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 06:09 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

So is he leaving earth based titles and putting war machine in his place or does he have another plan ?

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 06:44 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by TheGodKiller

We've already seen signs of the Phoenix in All New X-Men.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 07:17 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Really? I haven't been reading All New X-Men, but from the spoilers peej posts on the X-Men thead, I saw no indication of the Phoenix' resurrection.

Unless there was an allusion to the O5 Jean Grey going firebird, which would be in the past and hence doesn't count.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 07:26 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

love tony but hate the new design, hope it will grow on me.. as for tony joining the guardians, most likely a money grab

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 08:06 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I like the new armor better than bleeding edge. And also that black and gold design really didn't stick around long at all.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 08:29 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Really? I haven't been reading All New X-Men, but from the spoilers peej posts on the X-Men thead, I saw no indication of the Phoenix' resurrection.

Unless there was an allusion to the O5 Jean Grey going firebird, which would be in the past and hence doesn't count.

We've seen Phoenix fire in original Jeans eyes. Whether she brought the Phoenix with her or it was drawn to her again once she showed up in the present, the net result would be the Phoenix Force is once again in the current time line.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 10:03 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
love tony but hate the new design, hope it will grow on me.. as for tony joining the guardians, most likely a money grab

I doubt it's a money grab and more of a solid brand [Iron Man currently being Marvel's poster boy] trying to get mass audiences aware of the Guardians for when the movie comes out.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 10:30 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

nice design

thank u bz

Old Post Jan 18th, 2013 12:01 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Blair Wind
I doubt it's a money grab and more of a solid brand [Iron Man currently being Marvel's poster boy] trying to get mass audiences aware of the Guardians for when the movie comes out.

you just might be right

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 18th, 2013 01:27 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

From what I saw in a site, it seems the Shi'ard(an offshoot of the Shi'ar race) is raging angry that their God(Phoenix) was murdered.And they are holding Ironman responsible for the Phoenix's demise.

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post Jan 18th, 2013 06:47 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
We've seen Phoenix fire in original Jeans eyes. Whether she brought the Phoenix with her or it was drawn to her again once she showed up in the present, the net result would be the Phoenix Force is once again in the current time line.

That's hardly indicative that the Phoenix Force has returned. Jean's psi-signature has generally always been drawn as a Phoenix halo, even when she didn't possess the PF, like during her first confrontation with Onslaught.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2013 07:26 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The Phoenix never really dies. It just disappears for a while.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 18th, 2013 07:36 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Personally...this is the next stage in the evolution of Ironman.
He needs to adapt to alien tech. Reverse engineer it and become something more.

GotG was my fav comic during it's recent run. And having both together is a smart choice.

The cynic in me says "it's a movie grab" but I see great potential here.

Originally posted by Igniz
From what I saw in a site, it seems the Shi'ard(an offshoot of the Shi'ar race) is raging angry that their God(Phoenix) was murdered.And they are holding Ironman responsible for the Phoenix's demise.

Ohhh interesting. Makes sense.

Last edited by the ninjak on Jan 18th, 2013 at 09:36 AM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2013 09:33 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

The Phoenix never really dies. It just disappears for a while.

Actually it ends up getting resurrected or reborn due to the nature of the Abstract that it is. However, one the main agendas/plot points behind AvX was to resolve the character. That was the whole thing with Hope being the first(and probably the last) host to ever willingly renounce its power w/o sacrificing herself or any other innocent lives in the end. This goes to show that this particular incident was different. The circumstances surrounding the way the marvel actuality functions had obviously changed, so much so that Mister Franklin Richards felt the shift in the cosmic axis in FF#18, long before AvX even started.

The Phoenix is dead for good this time, and until there's some revelation revolving around a possible gestation/incubation and rebirth within the White Hot Room, the phoenix remains dead. References to firebird flashes and halos isn't enough imo to conclusively prove that a resurrection of the entity is imminent.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2013 11:16 AM