KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Natsu vs. Luffy

Natsu vs. Luffy
Started by: vansonbee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vansonbee
Isee

Natsu vs. Luffy

(please log in to view the image) vs. (please log in to view the image)

Scenario fights: using pre-timeskip Luffy

1. base Natsu vs. base Luffy

2. lightning mode Natsu vs. 2nd gear Luffy

3. Dragon Mode Natsu vs. time-skip Luffy

Old Post Sep 15th, 2012 04:39 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Even with Dragonforce Luffy should still win. Natsu's only advantage, least from what I can see, is destructive power and that can only do so much. Even at base Luffy is still faster and stronger than Natsu. The other two scenarios Luffy takes rather handily.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2012 04:42 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Even with Dragonforce Luffy should still win. Natsu's only advantage, least from what I can see, is destructive power and that can only do so much. Even at base Luffy is still faster and stronger than Natsu. The other two scenarios Luffy takes rather handily.
Can you give me a rating out of 10?

Natsu spam fire, plays any part? I don't think Luffy invulnerable to that.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2012 05:25 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Originally posted by vansonbee
Can you give me a rating out of 10?

Okay for ratings I guess it could go like this:

1. Luffy 7/10

2. Luffy 9/10

3. Luffy 10/10

Natsu's advantage comes from the AoE of his attacks but Luffy has tanked worst: he could also just outright avoid some of Natsu's attacks. He's also physically stronger and faster than pretty much everyone in the FTverse save for perhaps Makarov: and that's only because I have no idea how to scale the airship feat right now.

Post-skip Luff has pre-cog and amped haki hits on top of his already superior strength. On top of that he can combine his gears w/o any serious harm to his body: well less harm than pre-skip Luffy experiences anyway.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2012 05:38 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Yea, the jump between pre and post skip Luffy is bigger than Natsu's power ups.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2012 07:32 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Natsu's only advantage, least from what I can see, is destructive power and that can only do so much. Even at base Luffy is still faster and stronger than Natsu.

thumb up

Natsu's Dragon modes are able to harm Luffy, just not to any point where Luffy will be inconvenienced before Luffy knocks him out.

However if Natsu lands a direct hit from a full powered Lightning/Flame roar [not the weak ones he does now] then he's be able to either beat or knock Luffy out.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Sep 15th, 2012 12:54 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

One thing about this kind of matchup- If you always compare people in matching power-up levels (I.e. weakest to weakest, strongest to strongest), then odds are pretty good that if they win one, they'll win them all.

Additional scenarios should be stuff like Dragonforce Natsu vs Base Luffy.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2012 01:20 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by vansonbee

He can take fire attacks on the chin with just pain. He had a golden ball melted onto his arm and all he did was yell in pain. He kept fighting with it on. He's taken a bunch of explosions before.

Last edited by Nephthys on Sep 15th, 2012 at 03:25 PM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2012 03:23 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Nephthys
He can take fire attacks on the chin with just pain. He had a golden ball melted onto his arm and all he did was yell in pain. He kept fighting with it on. He's taken a bunch of explosions before.

Yea, though the thing of Natsu is he's going to apply them as many times as he can rather than just once or a few times.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2012 03:43 PM