KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek Strange New World

Star Trek Strange New World
Started by: rudester

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rudester
Tommy

Star Trek Strange New World

First episode released. Any thoughts?

Old Post May 5th, 2022 02:24 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

I got chills with the intro. Pros: Diverse crew. Christopher Pike as Capt. Spock in the first crew played by Ethan Peck, grandson of Gregory Peck. Rebecca Romaijn as number one. A lot of unknowns.
Very female oriented with crew.

Con's: Spock is not a good portrayal of the actors that came before him but maybe there can be only one Spock? They broke a lot of Vulcan rules---aside from that, it was Amazing!!!!!!!

Old Post May 5th, 2022 02:40 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Early reviews don't paint a great picture but I'll obviously give it a look while keeping fingers crossed.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 5th, 2022 03:02 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Aside from Spock's bad acting, I am watching it again. It has promise.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 05:10 PM
Schizoeffective
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rudester
Aside from Spock's bad acting, I am watching it again. It has promise.
Well depending on the time he could be in one place or several. If he’s being both sadistic and schizophrenic toward you, well that just ain’t fair “Blood Bro”

Flip a coin

Say less

Aight BET 🤝👊👊👊

We’re sending the wrong message. We should sort things out what like the Amish people would..over a game of chance

Old Post May 7th, 2022 06:24 PM
Schizoeffective is currently offline Click here to Send Schizoeffective a Private Message Find more posts by Schizoeffective Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by -Pr-
Early reviews don't paint a great picture but I'll obviously give it a look while keeping fingers crossed.

Forgot we had this thread, been commenting on it over in the TV section thread, but the first two episodes were good and overall faithful to Star Trek.

And I'm not just saying that because after being shat on my Discovery and Picard I'll take anything, this is off to a good start in its own right.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 13th, 2022 09:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

This was my feeling about it:

Originally posted by -Pr-
I managed to catch up with this. It's not as bad as Discovery or Picard, but as watchable as it might be, it still suffers from a lot of the same pitfalls. It'll be interesting to see how things change as the season goes on, though.

At the very least, I'll keep watching it. Which is more than I can say for the likes of Discovery or Picard.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 16th, 2022 12:20 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by rudester
I got chills with the intro. Pros: Diverse crew. Christopher Pike as Capt. Spock in the first crew played by Ethan Peck, grandson of Gregory Peck. Rebecca Romaijn as number one. A lot of unknowns.
Very female oriented with crew.

Con's: Spock is not a good portrayal of the actors that came before him but maybe there can be only one Spock? They broke a lot of Vulcan rules---aside from that, it was Amazing!!!!!!!

I mean, every ST I can think of has had a diverse cast, even TOS for its time. I'm chiefly worried about good acting and storytelling, and true Trek-style plots as well as hard-hitting stories about morality, humanity, and learning to improve one's self.

But Discovery and Picard burned me hard, so I'm going to wait a bit before I fire this series up.

Old Post May 16th, 2022 01:00 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Last ep was fun and another nice shout-out to a favorite ST:TOS episode. Amok Time.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 05:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Last ep was fun and another nice shout-out to a favorite ST:TOS episode. Amok Time.
it was good and a nice call back, but the return of the Orville showed how much better it could still be and without being reliant on nostalgia. Orville is still the best ST show on telly. shifty

Old Post Jun 5th, 2022 08:55 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

p have been enjoying this show. tonight's episode was just okay

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 24th, 2022 03:11 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
p have been enjoying this show. tonight's episode was just okay
Agreed 100% BRUCE!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2022 02:13 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I didn't care for last night's episode at all. It's fine though, all the Star Treks have bad episodes here/there.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2022 06:04 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i liked tonight's episode.. it was good and sad at the same time

HOWEVER.. WHERE ARE YOU MR. SCOTT... SCOTTY...SCOTTY...

Next week is season finale so afterward I'll say what things I liked and tings I disliked..

Old Post Jul 1st, 2022 03:08 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Good episode.I liked that it was a clear shout-out to Aliens (1986).

Old Post Jul 1st, 2022 04:37 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

The season finale was real good. Great seeing James Kirk. Not sure when Kirk will take over but I'll assume season 3 or 4..

As a whole I enjoyed this show, of course some episodes wee better than others.. Well my guess is 6 maybe 8 months for season 2.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2022 03:54 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Sep 8th, 2022 09:42 PM
rudester
Tommy

Overall the season's final was pretty good. I was surprised they killed off a few characters but I am sure they will find a way to bring new characters into the mix. I still think there is a lack of male presence.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2022 05:45 AM