KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » The Boondocks

The Boondocks
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

The Boondocks

Anyone watch this show? I've only caught it playing latenight, on a TV in a club I go to. Even silent, it looks funny as hell.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 04:16 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Found DVDs to rent.
Riotously funny; up there with the best of South Park and The Simpsons. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 04:51 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
Found DVDs to rent.
Riotously funny; up there with the best of South Park and The Simpsons. laughing out loud

I don't know about that, man. But that show is really funny.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Feb 4th, 2007 03:15 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I love "the Boondocks". That theme song's nice, too.

When's season 2 gonna air?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 12:49 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I love "the Boondocks". That theme song's nice, too.

When's season 2 gonna air?
Starts on June 30, or something like that.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 01:39 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Some episodes you can find on YouTube. The Episode "A Date With The Health Inspector", where 'W' and Gin Rummy recreate all the politics and conflict about Iraq in a variety store (just so they can get free beer) - genius. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 04:33 PM
Darth Demise
Your Demise

I love the show. Watch it everytime it's on.

Thanks to starlock for the sig. Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never brought a pen to a sword fight.-I AM YOUR DEMISE!!

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 04:49 PM
Darth Demise is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Demise a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Demise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I see Denys Cowan is a producer on the show. He was a good longtime artist for Marvel and DC comics - Power Man and Iron Fist, Black Panther, Deathlok, Batman, and a very long run on The Question. He also co-founded Milestone Media, with all those new black characters for DC.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2007 04:42 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Bought the DVDs of Season 1 last spring - well worth the money.

Now I see Season 2 is wrapping up on Adult Swim this month. I don't have cable, so I have to wait for the DVDs again. Anyone watching? Still funny?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 10:00 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah it's okay, though imo it's not as funny as Season 1.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 11:48 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I need to catch up with season 2. I only watched the 1st ep. of it.

I don't like the theme song. It's a remix of seasons 1's theme song.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 05:45 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Just bought season 2 dvd set used! Great, great series. Ruckus' Reality Show episode was a riot!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 02:04 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Yeah it's okay, though imo it's not as funny as Season 1.

That is how a lot of people feel. I like Season 2, but Season 1 was just perfect. I struggled to enjoy the first few episodes of Season 2. I like the fact that Riley and Huey grew up a little bit though.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 02:58 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Love the series, funny as hell, second only to the likes of South Park in terms of ingenuity IMO.

Also, for a comedy cartoon, the action/fight scenes are quite good.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 11:42 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

ZOMG I hated this shit.

Kill it... KILL IT!!

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Nov 8th, 2008 04:29 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Love the series, funny as hell, second only to the likes of South Park in terms of ingenuity IMO.

Also, for a comedy cartoon, the action/fight scenes are quite good.
'

Yeah Huey's dream of the blind samurai, Riley vs Huey and Huey vs Ruckus were a few of my favorites and were very well done.

I think that McGruder is on the right path to making a great show that will last for a long time. He has the right blend of characters to keep the ignorant ones laughing at Riley and Rukus while he also keeps the intellectuals one with the ingenuity of Huey. Now I'm not saying that only ignorant people like Riley, hell he is my favorite character. Both of them are needed to survive. The show wouldn't be funny without the likes of Riley and Rukus, and it wouldn't be as clever and deep without Huey. Some watch only for the humor, others for the message in the episode and others for both.

Well thats my big view on Boondocks and I only got one last thing to say.

What the **** yall looking at?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2008 07:12 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The show also taught me the secret to dating.

"I sent that b!tch a smilie face. B!tches love smilie faces."

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 04:18 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
The show also taught me the secret to dating.

"I sent that b!tch a smilie face. B!tches love smilie faces."

Hell yeah, I be texting my ass off!

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 04:36 AM
Quincy
Debaser

The fights in this show kickass. But the comic strip itself I hear is better.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 09:17 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
complexbrother
The protector of logic

The one in which BET's CEO was trying to destroy all black men was the funniest by far.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 12:47 AM
complexbrother is currently offline Click here to Send complexbrother a Private Message Find more posts by complexbrother Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote