KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » best fighter ever

best fighter ever
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mr.smiley

best fighter ever

when i say best fighter i mean in all forms of combat.
boxing,grappling,traditional martial arts,etc.

i think this is a hard question to answer
but i would probably choose between bas rutten and rickson gracie but i can think of even more who i think are realy good

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 03:09 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Bruce lee. sugar ray. If you are talking presently, I would say dave merish, if you are referring to UFC type fighting then probably bas rutten. The best fighter is probably some monk somewhere high up in some mountain range.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 03:22 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Jack Dempsey, Joe Louis, Rocky Maricano.

These guys can back any one in a street fight, and all Boxing heavyweight champs

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 04:43 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Royce Gracie?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 07:02 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

in movies? without a doubt bruce lee...

dunno about the other mediums...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 09:46 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

royce started the trend.
he showed how brazilan jiu jiutsu could effectivly beat other fighting styles.i belive a lot of martial artist and mma fighters still don't give royce and the rest of the gracies the credit they deserve.everyone who competes in mma events now has to know the ground and standing to do decent.
fighters today are becoming better due to the ufc

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 07:31 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Royce isn't even the best Gracie. He is just the one that brought the fame of the Gracie family to the US.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 09:40 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

yeah,royce said rickson is 10xs better

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 04:20 AM
eleveninches
God of my own world

many people would say bruce lee, but it is hard to tell.
I actually think that Jet Li is a better fighter than bruce lee was. Even at peak condition, bruce was never the best martial artist in the world, he was just the most famous and most iconic. Jet Li mastered more forms of fighting than bruce did, and has won more trophies.
The ultimate fighting guys are the best fighters in the world (in unarmed combat). Even the best kung-Fu masters have admitted that many of the amateur wrestler/shoot wrestlers/UFC fighters are better fighters.
A kung fu master might be faster, but as soon as an amateur wrestler grabs hold of them, they can break every limb in the opponants body within a matter of seconds, and knock them unconcious in the same amount of time. UFC is the ultimate test of unarmed combat skill, and the boxers that have entered UFC have always done very poorly. Most of the UFC guys are shoot wrestlers or amateur wrestlers (with some kickboxers and a few kung fu people).

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 11:14 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

i couldn't have said it better.
there's a difference between martial arts and combat sports.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 05:01 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

i would say Bruce Lee i once saw him hit a guy from a inch away and they guy went back like 5 yards and fell over a chair funny as..

i think that Jet Li is a very good fighter but IMO if he fought Bruce Lee in Bruce's prime he would lose. but it would be close

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 06:27 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

11in- Don't forget Jiu-Jitsu and Pankrase(sp?) and fighting styles such as those.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 11:24 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Butterbean! eek!

*runs*

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 01:40 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Rocky Marciano would punch a whole though Butterbeans Fat (I wont go there)

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 03:21 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

It's hard to say who would have or who is the best fighter. In my opinion there is always an element of luck involved.
Ultimatley who ever seizes the initiative will win.
Having great skill gives confidence to act fast and will no doubt help, but through out time there have always been examples of the lucky inexperienced beginer taking out the champion...

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 11:10 AM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crying-freeman

I think did depens on what kind of fight you are fighting in

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 01:06 PM
crying-freeman is currently offline Click here to Send crying-freeman a Private Message Find more posts by crying-freeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

i like robby lawler and the Ice Man

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 11:14 PM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

Randy Coutoure.. hands down best Ligher Heavyweight fighter.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 12:02 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

i hope he fights silva

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 11:40 PM
huslemade

jet li ahahahha is no where near the level of power n fighting skill n smarts as bruce lee no doubt he was the best ever he took the human body to another level no ones seen plus i doubt any of the fighters u have mentioned cud touch him hes so quick there was no limit to his technique he cud beat up a football team inna locker room i bet lol

do yer research u will be amazed about how real bruce was

Old Post May 24th, 2005 06:35 PM
huslemade is currently offline Click here to Send huslemade a Private Message Find more posts by huslemade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote