KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Dune (The Series)

Dune (The Series)
Started by: ChakraStrings

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Liberator
Mums Gardener

Dune (The Series)

I've just started reading "The Butlerian Jihad" so I'm not to far in the series, but I know that there are probably quite of few fans of the book out there on KMC. Just, don't spoil the ending for me!

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 09:04 PM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.F.
Redgis Filaro

Ummm... I am starting to read Dune, but I have not gotten far... I heard that it was Christopher Paolini's favorite book, so I started it, and I like it, but the beginning is a bit confusing... I am glad I am not one of the only ones who know what it is, because none of my other friends have heard of it...

Find me a better comedian than Dane Cook, and I will give you a million dollars.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 03:52 AM
R.F. is currently offline Click here to Send R.F. a Private Message Find more posts by R.F. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azure
Your socks taste good...

I know this is random and no one knows me, but my goal is to spread the word.......there will be a Dragonlance movie in 2007! (don't bother flaming me, because will most likely never see it)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 09:15 PM
Azure is currently offline Click here to Send Azure a Private Message Find more posts by Azure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Wow, can't believe how hard this died. While I was disappointed after the second novel, the original remains so ridiculously great. It was good enough that I watched the turd that was the first movie production of it. Good times.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2012 09:11 PM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

A fan artist's interpretation of Leto Atreides II, the only being being more intellectually advanced than even his father, whom directly after being augmented by the sandtrouts would slaughter the likes of Karate Kid, Ozymandias, Deathstroke, and perhaps even Deadpool and The Midnighter in hand to hand combat.

Here's one of him in his more "advanced" stage of sandtrout devolution. Hey, it's worth being an invulnerable God Emperor with negligible senescence (nigh-immortality).

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 01:08 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Did you just read Dune?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 24th, 2013 08:00 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Did you just read Dune?
I've read about the Kwisatz Haderach Paul and other Super Bene Gesserit combatants like Leto II on the Dune wiki.

I've read a few pages of Dune online, trying to get into actually reading the whole thing. But I am at a comic book level attention span atm.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Jul 28th, 2013 01:32 PM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by Dolos
A fan artist's interpretation of Leto Atreides II, the only being being more intellectually advanced than even his father, whom directly after being augmented by the sandtrouts would slaughter the likes of Karate Kid, Ozymandias, Deathstroke, and perhaps even Deadpool and The Midnighter in hand to hand combat.

Here's one of him in his more "advanced" stage of sandtrout devolution. Hey, it's worth being an invulnerable God Emperor with negligible senescence (nigh-immortality).

Neat. I don't know much about Dune beyond the first book though. Are the sequels worth looking in to?

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Aug 15th, 2013 06:35 AM
Vensai is currently offline Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by Dolos
I've read about the Kwisatz Haderach Paul and other Super Bene Gesserit combatants like Leto II on the Dune wiki.

I've read a few pages of Dune online, trying to get into actually reading the whole thing. But I am at a comic book level attention span atm.

Take time to actually read it. At least Dune, Children and God Emperor the rest are not so critical to the universe imo.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2013 08:49 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote