KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Blondie (2019)

Blondie (2019)
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Blondie (2019)

Has anyone seen this Marilyn Monroe biopic yet? Similar to The Lost City of Z and The Greatest Showman, it is not exactly the most accurate biography (which honestly works in this film's favor imo because her life was far more positive than the film portrays and yet it also manages to convey some of the social causes that she actually fought for), but conveys a story centered around captivating characters, enchanting performances, and enrapturing cinematography and score. It's a definite Oscar Sweeper contender, especially for best Best Actress, Adapted Screenplay, and Cinematography, and I am very glad to have had the cinematic experience of watching what is an exaggerated but still obviously heartfelt and masterfully told biopic about a paragon of beauty and innocence being tragically corrupted by the American Dream. 10/10 imo

* Btw the "controversial" scene is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: a quick 2-seconds showing the inside of Monroe's womb during a questionable abortion, literally no-or-less graphic than your average TLC pregnancy show, so don't be worried about it unless you're the ultimate prude stick out tongue

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Oct 5th, 2022 at 06:22 PM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2022 06:18 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

It's called "Blonde" stick out tongue

I watched it last week, I overall enjoyed it, Ana de Armas (who looks stunning) did a great job with Marilyn's voice and mannerism, though her Spanish accent slightly sneaks in a couple lines. but the story itself is a mixed bag of good, okay and not good.

My main issue was the directing and cinematography. The director for some reason thought it would be cute to try some avant-garde esque nonsense where he filmed most of it in a 4:3 (square) format, but other parts in wide screen and some other parts in some assclown format. The color pallet seemed to be all over the place too at times. I get if he wanted the 4:3 format to make you feel like you're watching an older film, but f**k you, pick one, asshole, as it didn't add to the movie here.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Oct 5th, 2022 at 06:40 PM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2022 06:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Blondie would have been better mind! Who didn't have a poster of Debbie Horry? Donnie, Donnie!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2022 06:41 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Blondie would have been better mind! Who didn't have a poster of Debbie Horry? Donnie, Donnie!

I never had a poster of Debbie Horry.

laughing

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 5th, 2022 06:55 PM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Robtard
It's called "Blonde" stick out tongue

I watched it last week, I overall enjoyed it, Ana de Armas (who looks stunning) did a great job with Marilyn's voice and mannerism, though her Spanish accent slightly sneaks in a couple lines.

She couldn't even speak English only a few years ago.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2022 07:16 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by jaden_2.0

I give her mad props for her role here. She should get a best actress nod for this.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2022 07:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Sorry, Rob. I took your advice and recruited McClane for a Putin Assassination mission. McClane was responsible for the planning and got drowned in a pancake syrup trap and I barely escaped a nerve gas attack which temporarily clouded my cerebral lobes. Luckily my boi JACK THE MUTHAPHUCKKKKKKIINNN HACKSAW COUNTERTERRORIST GOD BAUER taught me some survival techniques AS PROVEN BY HIS SURVIVAL OF THE DAY 5 MALL ATTACK©🔐♾️💯💪✅🔝🔱👍✅ so I escaped and am recruiting him for a new mission that should allow us to defeat the Russian nuclear threat once and for all since McClame clearly was unable to do so in his embarrassing last showing :♾️stick out tongue

But beyond that fact, agree with your assessment of the performances, but I think the story was far better and I don't think De Armas' accent was noticeable at all imo

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Oct 5th, 2022 08:23 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Nice fanfic, but if Putin heard McClane was coming, he'd just ragequit life smile

As a Spanish speaker, could be I'm more prone to hear it. But it was only as few lines and it was barely there.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2022 08:39 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by tkitna
I never had a poster of Debbie Horry.

laughing
ahh, she was a mastabatory fantasy of early puberty for me.
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
interesting

Old Post Oct 6th, 2022 03:08 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote