KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » About adamantium

About adamantium
Started by: blade31092

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
blade31092

About adamantium

Does adamantium have any affect on superman? Can superman bend adamantium easily as he bend steel easily? Is wolverine any threat to superman?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 12:22 AM
blade31092 is currently offline Click here to Send blade31092 a Private Message Find more posts by blade31092 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Whether Superman can bend adamantium is debateable. Some would say maybe, some would say no. Until the day that he bends something that's as durable, we won't have an answer.

And no, Wolverine is NOT a threat to Superman. He doesn't have the strength to cut through him, let alone scratch him.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 01:24 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tron
Whether Superman can bend adamantium is debateable. Some would say maybe, some would say no. Until the day that he bends something that's as durable, we won't have an answer.

And no, Wolverine is NOT a threat to Superman. He doesn't have the strength to cut through him, let alone scratch him.

Superman has been cut by the claws of Equus, who's a human cyborg. Prior to that, I wasn't sure it was possible, but I now think Logan could cut him. But, the enhanced super-strength of Equus may have made it possible.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 03:41 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blade31092

But wolverine does have enhance strength to back him up don't he?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 04:07 AM
blade31092 is currently offline Click here to Send blade31092 a Private Message Find more posts by blade31092 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

I'd assume that Adamantium could cut Superman, but that he's also strong enough to break it if he had the focus.

That's fair. Now I don't want to hear any fan boys complaining on either side lol. No "but Wolverine could heal his adamantium back to full form, right?" and no "but Wolverine would need to bathe his claws in red sun rays and put no suntan lotion on them" lol.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 07:06 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcousticDoc

Wolverine is not strong enough to seriously drive his claws through superman. It's like giving a knife to 3 year old.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 09:32 AM
AcousticDoc is currently offline Click here to Send AcousticDoc a Private Message Find more posts by AcousticDoc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by AcousticDoc
Wolverine is not strong enough to seriously drive his claws through superman. It's like giving a knife to 3 year old.

No, it's like dropping a knife onto a reinforced steel door....Not enough force to pierce it.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 10:23 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

yea a 3 year old could stab you if they just ran into your leg with it... bad example really lol

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 03:29 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Originally posted by roughrider
Superman has been cut by the claws of Equus, who's a human cyborg. Prior to that, I wasn't sure it was possible, but I now think Logan could cut him. But, the enhanced super-strength of Equus may have made it possible.

I personally thought that was a serious load of bull, because Superman's taken far worse. But, since it happened, I guess you can say his strength helped him there.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 05:21 PM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Superman can probably bend and break both primary and secondary adamantium, along with carbonadium. He most likely cannot even make a dent in captain america's shield though.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 07:21 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

well if he can bend and/or break both types of adamantium he'd punch a huge dent in america's shield... why contradict your first arguement?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 07:18 AM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by MattDay
well if he can bend and/or break both types of adamantium he'd punch a huge dent in america's shield... why contradict your first arguement?

Because Cap's shield also contains vibranium, which absorbs vibration. That's why he can take so many hits on it, and not be knocked off his feet. It's a process that has never been successfully duplicated, what they did with his shield.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 03:35 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

vibrations... okay fair enough, but with a force like supermans punch its not really vibrations the sheild would take it would be the full force, the vibrations will happen after the punch... so it should still get f*cked up, excuse my french

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 05:36 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

The force of his punch causes vibrations that breaks up molecules, and objects crumbles - ie. when he punches through a regular wall, for example.
He punches Cap's shield, it's not just the incredible hardness of the adamantium molecules. The vibranium molecules absorb the force of impacts, and dispearse it. Only an enraged King Thor, wielding the Odinforce, put a dent into the shield with mjolnir ( and that was a shock.) Magic played a part there, though.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 07:20 PM
Jargon343

Re: About adamantium

Originally posted by blade31092
Does adamantium have any affect on superman? Can superman bend adamantium easily as he bend steel easily? Is wolverine any threat to superman?

Well you just have to take it at face value that adamantium is 'unbreakable', so no he can't break it. Wolverine realistically wouldn't be strong enough to drive his claws through Supes, even if he has super sharp claws made of adamantium...it would be like trying to drive a steak knife through a tree. Even though the steel is stronger than the wood, you need a certain amount of force to cut through a given amount of mass.

That being said, Wolverine regularly cuts through steel doors, fences, etc, which shouldn't be possible, but in the comics he does it.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 08:28 PM
Jargon343 is currently offline Click here to Send Jargon343 a Private Message Find more posts by Jargon343 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sapphiremouse

This is out of the book entitled : The Science of The X-Men
The only thing that cut apart adamantium is a certain type of particle beam. Given the hardness of adamantium, it is conceivable that it would retain its stability and cohesion even when shaved to molecular thickness. Were one to make steel claws this sharp, they wouldnt remain so for long: the edges would ebrade and become dull. This is obviously not the case for wolverine's adamantium claws. they might be thin enough to slice grooves of molecular thinness. No wonder he can hack up just about anything. If you start with a little molecule-thin cut on a hunk of rock or metal then you should be able to quickly saw right through it, for at the molecular level, even the toughest substances are susceptible to gettin trimmed.

I say superman has bled from many diferrent ways in a fight. For example: the bony exo-skeleton protrusions of Doomsday. Well that may be just brute force. Which is harder and sharper? Adamantium claws or bone? Claws for sure....... Wolverine doesnt need to swing or exert maximium strength to slice something or someone with his claws. They are razor sharp, he just keeps hacking....Hulks skin wasnt completely impervious to them. Hulk just has a rapid healing rate. Which Superman has also.

Just some food for thought. enjoy big grin

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 08:49 PM
sapphiremouse is currently offline Click here to Send sapphiremouse a Private Message Find more posts by sapphiremouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xkalybr
The Sword of Power!

In X2, Stryker said that by melting adamantium, he was able to use it. That means extreme heat it's weakness. Only extreme.

Superman's heat vision would definitely melt it down. Can't get more extreme than that.

I am Lancelot of the Lake, and I have yet to find a king worthy of my sword!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 05:43 AM
xkalybr is currently offline Click here to Send xkalybr a Private Message Find more posts by xkalybr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

well yea he apparantly can control the temp of his vision, sometimes he causes serious amounts of damage with it and apparantly scientists couldnt put a number to how hot his heat was, but they can gesture an estimate of the sun... he can take the heat of the sun and shine it through his eyes at a higher temp than the source of which he takes the heat from... well he's superman lol can't think of too much else as to why he does what he does.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 08:34 AM
Deicide
Custodian with schools

what is that metal that Deathstroke the terminators sword is made of? its DC's answer to Adamantium.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 12:12 PM
Deicide is currently offline Click here to Send Deicide a Private Message Find more posts by Deicide Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Superman can probably bend and break both primary and secondary adamantium, along with carbonadium. He most likely cannot even make a dent in captain america's shield though.

primary adamantium and vibranium (?) are near equal in durability. if he could break adamantium then he could break cap's shield. i doubt he could though.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 12:59 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote