KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Most Powerful LOTR character, Greatest

Most Powerful LOTR character, Greatest
Started by: SWblayde938

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SWblayde938

Who is the most powerful LOTR character ever

Who is the greatest LOTR character, who has acheived the most
Frodo seems like a likely candidate

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 12:48 AM
SWblayde938 is currently offline Click here to Send SWblayde938 a Private Message Find more posts by SWblayde938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

In all of Middle Earth's history? Besides Eru? Melkor, then Manwe. In just LotR? Sauron, maybe Bombadil, but he's never extrapolated on.

Greatest? I can't recall much from the books, but if the movies stuck somewhat close, then likely Gandalf, or Aragorn. Frodo can f*ck off.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 02:27 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Yeah, other than Eru, Melkor, and Manwe, the most powerful would be Sauron or Bombadil......... i wish he had more explanation......... Tehn yes, Gandalf or Aragorn. Gandalf is a maiar, and has done many things that would make him the greatest, and Aragorn wins a bad ass contest and has owned countless orcs. He also matched wills with Sauron, and served Thengol and Ecthelion under the alias of Thorongil........

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 02:13 AM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khamul 666

yeah i think tom should get more credit though he was there before the first trees

Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 08:23 AM
Khamul 666 is currently offline Click here to Send Khamul 666 a Private Message Find more posts by Khamul 666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

strongest

eru
melkor
manwe
faenor

acheived most

faenor
turin

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 09:35 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonheartmm

acheived most

faenor
turin

Eru is the one that created everything in the first place.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 05:40 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Eru pwns all.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 02:33 PM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

yes but it isnt an ACHEIVEMENT if your all powerful to begin with.

acheiving most is still

faenor
turin
frodo

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 05:12 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Yes, but he is still the greatest due to the fact that if he didnt create the Ainur then Arda wouldnt have existed stick out tongue And wtf is with Frodo? Beren did more, Luthien, CaRanthir, Celegorm, Maedhros, etc. Feanor, eh, he did plenty, not all of it great.... one of the not so great things was dying...... stick out tongue

Isil

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 05:16 PM
leonheartmm

^really? u think all those people have overcome greater ODDS than frodo? {i.e. the challenge presented vs personal power}

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 05:31 PM
Incanus
Istari

Beren and Luthien. yes, going into the court of Morgoth himself, going through Charcharoth, Tol Sirion, etc. Turin, yes, because his life just plain SUCKED, Maedhros. nah, nmot really, he just got his hand cut off.

Isil

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 07:49 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Incanus
Beren and Luthien. yes, going into the court of Morgoth himself, going through Charcharoth, Tol Sirion, etc. Turin, yes, because his life just plain SUCKED, Maedhros. nah, nmot really, he just got his hand cut off.
Beren and Luthien are the only ones who come close to overcoming what Frodo did. Poor little guy went through Hell.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 01:29 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_usher
I never pay for tickets

These can be the most achived

turin
faenor
stronger is Eru

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 10:37 AM
The_usher is currently offline Click here to Send The_usher a Private Message Find more posts by The_usher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oppo Rancisis

1.tom bombadil
2.galadriel
3.saruman
4.gandalf
5.sauron(without ring)
6.balrog
7.celeborn
8.the witch king
9.elrond
10.cirdan

he said lotr not the whole of the books

Old Post Aug 18th, 2010 03:32 PM
Oppo Rancisis is currently offline Click here to Send Oppo Rancisis a Private Message Find more posts by Oppo Rancisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Eru IlĂşvatar. Not even a contest.

After him I'd say Morgoth at his height would come in second, or possibly Ungoliant when she had just finished draining the White Tree and was powerful enough that she almost ate Morgoth.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 02:39 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Only almost ate a weakened Morgoth.

Morgoth when he could become a giant walking volcano that waded through oceans and held his head in the clouds would destroy Ungoliant.

Howdy!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 05:24 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
politicsguy

i suppose its that pain in the neck tom bombadill though tolkien goes on about how sauron would eventually be able to overpower him with the ring and what not. If your just talking about the movie and other than sauron i suppose its gandalf or the leader of the nine

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 05:39 PM
politicsguy is currently offline Click here to Send politicsguy a Private Message Find more posts by politicsguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Movie version of Legolas.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 06:46 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Movie version of Legolas.

This.

Howdy!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 12:16 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drake mayers
Restricted

Account Restricted

The most powerful LOTR character is gandalf but the greatest is Aragon.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 02:29 PM
drake mayers is currently offline Click here to Send drake mayers a Private Message Find more posts by drake mayers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote