KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Olympus Has Fallen

Olympus Has Fallen
Started by: Ascendancy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ascendancy

Olympus Has Fallen

Anyone see it? Had someone tell me it was pretty good, but I'd like some other opinions before I put it on the list.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2013 03:39 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

This movie's kinda snuck up out of nowhere.
I mean no build-up reviews & very little marketing.

The previews on tv look interesting, although I did cringe to see Morgan Freeman playing yet another role that doesn't stretch his acting skills. Guess even big names need to make a living.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2013 04:32 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I liked it. And Morgan Freeman has a nice scene where he exerts authority. But after all the stuff he's done, there's not much left to test his skills. He's been around for quite a long time and proven himself enough that I don't necessarily need to see him go all out.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2013 04:39 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

When seeing the previews and watching the trailer, I get a Die Hard vibe from it.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2013 06:43 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

horrible no good movie. there is nothing good about this piece of trash. it feels like a made for t.v movie. This movie is like watching a a bad action movie from the nineties that you enjoyed as a child...,it just doesn't hold up. It's boring, monotonous, Stupid, loud, offensive and did i mention stupid? every other scene will have you punching babies just to quell the anger within yourself from the mindless decisions the characters make. I know our government is run by a bunch of monkeys but really if they're this stupid and spineless, they deserve everything that happens to them. I was actually rooting for the terrorists in this piece of trash because if they succeeded, at least something interesting would have happened.

Imagine die hard, but the authorities are even more stupid. Now imagine a protagonist that is never threatened. That is Olympus has fallen. The movie looks and feels like it was filmed in a tin can. just goes to show, anything morgan freeman is in anymore is instantly bad.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2013 05:48 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
just goes to show, anything morgan freeman is in anymore is instantly bad.

What about Shawshank?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2013 05:54 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I disagree with pretty much everything he said. I liked it. It wasn't the best movie ever made, but it was a good movie.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2013 06:25 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by KingD19
I disagree with pretty much everything he said. I liked it. It wasn't the best movie ever made, but it was a good movie.

just so you know

everything you say from here on out is jibberish to me.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 04:32 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by the ninjak
What about Shawshank?

That was back when he was still trying to make a name for himself

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 04:33 AM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KingD19

It was a good movie, I agree with you! People were giving it a round of applause after it was over! It was cool seing America stand up against North Korean Terrorists.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 06:55 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Saw it. Didn't like it. Another movie that didn't know where to ground itself.

If I say any more I'll just piss people off.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2013 04:36 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So whats so bad about this movie?

checked out some reviews and basically saying don't take the movie so seriously, its big dumb action movie.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 02:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Kazenji
So whats so bad about this movie?

checked out some reviews and basically saying don't take the movie so seriously, its big dumb action movie.

You know that feeling when you go back and watch an old action movie through the perspective and maturity of your adult eyes and you ask yourself how you ever liked that? This is that movie. The severity of stupidity and lack of awareness here belongs in the standards of modern day, made for T.v or straight to dvd movies. A movie with a budget and casting list as capable as this one should leave you expecting more. This movie should leave you feeling a bit jolted, unnerved, thrilled and entertained with lasting memories of incredible action. The only thing you'll remember, however, is the stupid lack of care that was put into the movie.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 02:07 AM
nmaheshbalan
Restricted

Account Restricted

I saw the movie last week,its totally a crap movie,week storyline and screenplay totally drags makes it irrirating.not a worthfull movie..

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 06:27 PM
nmaheshbalan is currently offline Click here to Send nmaheshbalan a Private Message Find more posts by nmaheshbalan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote