KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Alex vs Ken Masters

Alex vs Ken Masters
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alex vs Ken Masters

1. As of Street Fighter 3.

2. Best versions.

Still hard to believe Ken and Ryu weren't even supposed to be in the game..

Last edited by cdtm on Oct 31st, 2012 at 08:54 AM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 08:46 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Ken in both.....

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 01:45 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero

Ken in both.....

I see that a lot, but..

He's the current reigning champion, right? Why is Alex usually rated pretty low, when he was designed to replace Ryu and Ken as the top guy, and managed to hold his own with Gill? (I realize Ryu beat him in story, but he improved since and they had a rematch.. And besides, weren't Ryu and Ken at the same tournament Gill was at? And they didn't beat him.)

Last edited by cdtm on Oct 31st, 2012 at 05:26 PM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 05:21 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hm..

tbh, I'm looking for a Third Strike character that can compete with the shoto twins on an even level, story mode wise..

But Capcom does so much fan pandering, it's basically as unbalanced as Dragon Ball Z power levels.. I'm more of a fan of shaky, anyone can win at any time power scaling...

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 01:36 AM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Originally posted by cdtm
I see that a lot, but..

He's the current reigning champion, right? Why is Alex usually rated pretty low, when he was designed to replace Ryu and Ken as the top guy, and managed to hold his own with Gill? (I realize Ryu beat him in story, but he improved since and they had a rematch.. And besides, weren't Ryu and Ken at the same tournament Gill was at? And they didn't beat him.)

Because of his loss to Ryu where he didn't even land a single strike.

He only held on against Gill because Gill let him and threw the fight.

I think Ken withdrew from the tourney, and Ryu was defeated by Oro, a guy who stalemated Akuma. Even Gill couldn't stalemate Akuma, and that should tell you about Oro.

Hm..

tbh, I'm looking for a Third Strike character that can compete with the shoto twins on an even level, story mode wise..

But Capcom does so much fan pandering, it's basically as unbalanced as Dragon Ball Z power levels.. I'm more of a fan of shaky, anyone can win at any time power scaling...

You'd be hard pressed to find one. Most are woefully underprepatred, or are almost grotesquely overpowered... Q might be the closest you'll get... IDK.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 03:44 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero

Ken in both.....

And I agree with this a man who actually likes Alex more than Ken.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Nov 2nd, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2012 12:45 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b64
Boulevard 64

I see that a lot, but..

Yes, he won the tournament during the 2nd Impact events, but that's because Oro didn't show up for their match. Also, Gill let him win.
Alex faced Ryu during 3rd Strike, which takes place after the tournament and Ryu won the battle without some difficulties. After that fight, Alex became obsessed with having a rematch but he didn't meet Ryu again.
Ryu also managed to beat Ken in a friendly match during SF3, but that doesn't put Alex on Ken's level. Ken would beat Alex in the similar way Ryu did.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2012 12:07 AM
b64 is currently offline Click here to Send b64 a Private Message Find more posts by b64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote