KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Last Good Marvel Event?

Last Good Marvel Event?
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Last Good Marvel Event?

After thinking long and hard, what was the last good event from Marvel? I'm talking a crossover with its own mini-series independent from ongoing series. I've enjoyed a lot of ongoing books and some of their crossover arcs, but really, I can't think of the last full fledged event I actually enjoyed.

Which is depressing.

Old Post May 9th, 2013 08:12 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So a Marvel event which had a mini series??

Old Post May 9th, 2013 08:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
So a Marvel event which had a mini series??

Yeah, so basically any of the following:

Age of Ultron
AvX
Fear Itself
Siege
Secret Invasion
Annihilation
Civil War
House of M

Obviously not limited to those.

Old Post May 9th, 2013 08:26 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Actually, I suppose I did like Spider-Island quite a bit now that I think of it.

Old Post May 9th, 2013 08:28 AM
curryman

Annihilation.

And I'm starting to fear that will be the last one they will ever make...

Old Post May 9th, 2013 08:29 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I liked Annihilation as well.

I have hopes Hickman can deliver with Infinity based on his work with SHIELD and Fantastic Four/FF. I just fear that Bendis will somehow have his hands in this given his role with the X-Franchises and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Old Post May 9th, 2013 08:32 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah probably Spider-Island for me too

and maybe Everything Burns.

Old Post May 9th, 2013 08:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Annihilation, Civil War, Thanos Imperative.
Originally posted by Kazenji
and maybe Everything Burns.

I don't think that qualifies in this thread.

Old Post May 9th, 2013 08:55 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Annihilation, Conquest, WoK and TI ranged from pretty good to awesome. (Conquest is definitely the weakest but it's still better than a lot of Earth events, and still had some great moments).

Would Messiah Complex/Second Coming count by this definition? They didn't have a mini but they were both huge events that spanned nearly every X-book. If so then those as well.

The amount of decompression in most of the events is something which stands against a lot of them, imo at least. House of M, Fear Secret Invasion, Fear Itself. AvX and Age of Ultron so far have all dragged on for too long and had issues where not a lot of happened and suffered for it. At least in the X-overs, despite the fact they went on for 10-12 issues, there was a lot happening in all of them and they never lost their momentum. Mean while Age of Ultron is 7 issues in and Ultron hasn't appeared...

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post May 9th, 2013 10:35 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Messiah Complex was barely average, imo, but that's me.

The last event I really enjoyed was either Annihilation or Civil War (even with the stupid ending and writer politics that plagued the latter).

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 9th, 2013 10:46 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

I always felt that Civil War was a good idea and has some nice moments, but suffers from the fact that a) Millar writes both Cap and Tony as unlikeable jerkasses and b) There was no real ambiguity as to who was right, one side had Captain America and the other recruited mass murderers, jailed people without trial and made a murderous clone of Thor.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post May 9th, 2013 10:56 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Lesse, in X-men, I liked Second Coming.

Non-X-men, Thanos Imperative was pretty good too (though the first Annihilation was the best of the series of space events, none of them were bad!).

Two I haven't read- how were Chaos War and Age of X?

Old Post May 9th, 2013 12:04 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Civil war probably. Didn't get a chance to read spider-island

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post May 9th, 2013 01:56 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Annihilation
Thanos Imperative
Siege

Old Post May 9th, 2013 04:12 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

annihilation and spider island. Bendis has horrible pacing in his events. Either nothing happens until the final issue or everything happens in the first two and it drags on for several issues.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post May 13th, 2013 07:25 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

The Onslaught saga.

Old Post May 13th, 2013 09:06 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

Originally posted by Golgo13
The Onslaught saga.

That garbage?

Think we have to go a bit further back than that.

Old Post May 13th, 2013 09:16 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

The most recent must be Spider-Island.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 13th, 2013 09:21 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Annihilation
Civil War
House of M
Annihilation: Conquest
Thor disassemble
Xmen Fatal Attraction
Galactic Storm
Blood and Thunder

Old Post May 13th, 2013 10:19 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Golgo13
The Onslaught saga.
laughing out loud

Old Post May 13th, 2013 11:39 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote