KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Should there actually be a "KMC Toilet"?

Should there be a seperate forum for completely pointless threads?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 6 35.29%
No 11 64.71%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should there actually be a "KMC Toilet"?
Started by: Schecter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Should there actually be a "KMC Toilet"?

i know the otf is referred to as just that, but i think that there should be a seperate "KMC Toilet" where the completely useless threads go. i mean, what keeps me away from the OTF is the massive amounts of pure crap threads with no point whatsoever. so when you post an off topic thread, it zooms to page 6 at light speed. so i propose a seperate forum for people to post brain farts till their hearts' content.

what do you all think?

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 03:00 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

That is the purpose of the OTF already, though. It's where all the pointless junk goes.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 03:19 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

but my point is that many threads at the otf do have a point, however off topic to the rest of the forum. they just seem swept aside by purely pointless threads. "check out this funny video" vs "dur dur poopy lolz"

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 03:34 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
{{QS}}
Used to be quickshot

I agree with Schecter there's a difference between off-topic and pointless stuff.Some people make threads in the OTF that are quickly buried due to stuff that has no purpose and has no potential to be a long lasting thread.The only issue is getting people to post in it.

Free to wreak havoc

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 06:20 PM
{{QS}} is currently offline Click here to Send {{QS}} a Private Message Find more posts by {{QS}} Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The OTF is, for lack of a better word, KMC's toilet. How does one discern what threads are "useless" from the "useful" in a forum that is dedicated to non-topical threads?

You can't. You might as well call the OTF the "Ol' Toilet Forum", seeing as how that's what it is.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 07:24 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

point: having a topic

pointless: having no topic

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 07:27 PM
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Schecter
point: having a topic

pointless: having no topic

But the threads of the OTF are, in fact, off topic, seeing as how they have no real relevance. Threads like "Rate the Sig", "What are you wearing", and "Last time you had sex" are just as off topic as threads like "Sex Party", "Cover Me, I'm going in" and "I just farted", not to mention all of the social threads by various members, most of which are devout OTF posters.

I understand that the OTF needs cleaning up, really I do. However if you remove all of the "junk" threads, people will still use those same threads and then they'll make more and more and more. It's like genital warts, you know? You can make 'em go away for a while, but eventually the little b@stards will come back. (Not that I would know personally.......stick out tongue )

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 08:07 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
But the threads of the OTF are, in fact, off topic, seeing as how they have no real relevance.

completely incorrect generalization.

just for shits, i'll copy and paste the first few thread titles:
---------------------------------------------------------------

1,000,000th post game

Whats the LAST thing you purchased?

Cover me . . . I'm going in!

Swe_Bum!!!

In love with Wild-Cherry!

What Would You Do?

Rate/Evaluate the Profile of the person above you

The New Official "What do you look like" Thread

Ask the Person BELOW You a Personal Question.

What are you DRINKING right now?

Poll: singing

What time is it...

How much do you tip?

What are you eating right now ?

The Sanctuary and friends thread

Random Comments

Quite possibly the most badass thing I have ever seen......

------------------------------------------

clearly most of these threads have a topic. these are unaltered in their cronology. yes, word games and random comments are retarded threads, but regardless their topic are clearly implied. most of these threads have a clear topic.

you seem to confuse 'off-topic' with 'no-topic'. off topic simply means it has no place in any forum subdirectories.

Threads like "Rate the Sig", "What are you wearing", and "Last time you had sex" are just as off topic as threads like "Sex Party", "Cover Me, I'm going in" and "I just farted", not to mention all of the social threads by various members, most of which are devout OTF posters.

no, the first 3 have a clear topic. just because its silly doesnt make it pointless. there is a topic which theoretically can stick. as for the other 3, i agree they are retarded and should be flushed.

I understand that the OTF needs cleaning up, really I do. However if you remove all of the "junk" threads, people will still use those same threads and then they'll make more and more and more. It's like genital warts, you know? You can make 'em go away for a while, but eventually the little b@stards will come back. (Not that I would know personally.......stick out tongue )

i think you are being to pesimistic on what is "junk"
junk is the lack of a topic. its really simple.

you can respond to "rate the sig" by rating the sig.
respond to "last time i had sex" with the last time you had sex.
and you can brag about what you're wearing in the "what are you wearing" thread.

silly? yes
asinine? yes
pointless? no

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 08:26 PM
§P0oONY

Having a "KMC Toilet" would imply that the OTF wasn't one. Therefor I'm against.

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 08:35 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

clearly most of these threads have a topic. these are unaltered in their cronology. yes, word games and random comments are retarded threads, but regardless their topic are clearly implied. most of these threads have a clear topic.

you seem to confuse 'off-topic' with 'no-topic'. off topic simply means it has no place in any forum subdirectories.

I'll agree that a good portion of the OTF's threads are silly, asinine, and even pointless junk. But does that merit reason to create a whole new sub-forum for "garbage threads"? The "no-topic" threads should just stay where they are with the "off-topic" threads. For one, the Globals have enough on their plates trying to clean up all of the pointless shit in the OTF. Secondly, if a "garbage/toilet" forum were to be created, I'm betting my last two cents that it would lead to even MORE shit threads, in both the OTF and in said garbage bin forum, what with the emphasis on trying to delete/flush away less and undesireable threads.

If you ask me, I think that the OTF is enough like a toilet and should be left alone.

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 08:42 PM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

many forums have an OTF as well as a pointless thread graveyard.
i just think with all the cliquishness and mutually accepted/bashed threads its become a great hypocrisy. if one of us makes a thread with no point, we'll get "lolz" "hahahaha" and if a newbie does it, its "GTFO" etc.

i just think that its a group think issue, especially this notion that "its our kmc toilet and we like it that way" which seems to be prevalent. (and i do not declare myself clean of this hypocrisy either) so, while its a grand ol' time for a few, i feel its a stain on the whole community.

there are so many legitimate topics which are buried by nonesense. in fact, KMC is the only forum i've encountered where "off topic" runs synonymous with spammed pointless brainfarts.

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 08:50 PM
Impediment
Endless

The OTF Clique factor is very much there, I agree. I'm also not trying to say that I dont lurk around there. Heavens, no.

As far as legitimate topics go, shouldn't they be considered GDF worthy? What is the difference, as far as legitimacy goes, in "What are you wearing right now", as opposed to "Father microwaves his baby"?

Of course, I realize differences in threads such as "Is abortion wrong?" and "Rate the sig of the person above you" and, say, "I ate a baby". I just feel that it'd be pointless to create an exact duplicate of something we already have, and needs to be seriously cleaned up.

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 08:58 PM
§P0oONY

many forums have an OTF as well as a pointless thread graveyard.
i just think with all the cliquishness and mutually accepted/bashed threads its become a great hypocrisy. if one of us makes a thread with no point, we'll get "lolz" "hahahaha" and if a newbie does it, its "GTFO" etc.

i just think that its a group think issue, especially this notion that "its our kmc toilet and we like it that way" which seems to be prevalent. (and i do not declare myself clean of this hypocrisy either) so, while its a grand ol' time for a few, i feel its a stain on the whole community.

there are so many legitimate topics which are buried by nonesense. in fact, KMC is the only forum i've encountered where "off topic" runs synonymous with spammed pointless brainfarts.

Very fine post you have there... Very fine.

I agree with it 100%

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 09:19 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

We did actually used to have a more-OTF-than-the-OTF area. Tried that and failed.

Fact of the matetr is, the OTF was never meant as a place of social interaction- but people chose to use it as such. You try and make another OTF+ area, people will just colonise that as well. It just doesn't work.

Nope, it's the dustbin and it stays so- simple and pure.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 09:49 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

PVS already is the KMC toilet.

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 09:54 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

If they did make a "KMC Toilet" it should have closed threads in it..

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 10:43 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
PVS already is the KMC toilet.

hehehehe *spreads*

Old Post May 23rd, 2007 12:11 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Mmm, that's good eatin'

Old Post May 23rd, 2007 12:22 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

its just such a contradiction though that the most frequented forums are allowed to go completely to shit while the less frequently visited forums are overmanaged/micromanaged to death.

Old Post May 23rd, 2007 04:37 PM
§P0oONY

its just such a contradiction though that the most frequented forums are allowed to go completely to shit while the less frequently visited forums are overmanaged/micromanaged to death.
Video games forum is completely smothered.

Old Post May 23rd, 2007 05:12 PM