KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Robopocalypse

Robopocalypse
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Robopocalypse

Sounds like a Terminator or Matrix prequel... I'm down.

quote:
Spielberg Wants ‘Thor’ For ‘Robopocalypse’!

(please log in to view the image)

One of the most desired roles in all of Hollywood has been presented to Chris Hemsworth, by none other than legendary director Steven Spielberg. If seeing those two names in a sentence together gives you shivers of excitement, then here’s another film for you: Robocalypse.

According to Deadline, the Australian star of Snow White and the Huntsman, The Avengers, Thor and The Cabin in the Woods has reportedly met with the one of the greatest directors of all time to discuss a potential role in the sci-fi movie set in the aftermath of a robot uprising. Although nothing has been officially confirmed, if this all comes together for Hemsworth then it will be another big feather in the cap for this flourishing actor.

The movie will be based on the bestselling novel from the author and robotics engineer Daniel H. Wilson. The plot centers around an increasingly robot-reliant society which faces the threat of extinction after a computer scientist accidentally exposes the world to a conscious, feeling robot called Archos. This certainly sounds like great Spielberg fodder. Not only is he responsible for massive wealth of successful blockbusters, he’s also worked on movies of a similar theme with his largely successful 2001 science fiction movie for which Stanley Kubrick was originally responsible, A.I. Artificial Intelligence.

Drew Goddard, the man responsible for the writing of ABC’s Lost and Alias will be adapting the Robocalypse novel, which can only mean good things. It seems like everyone being chosen to work on this project so far has a wealth of experience in their respective fields. Charismatic actor, solid writer working from bestselling source material, and an incredible director. If this dream combination transpires, then we can’t wait for the results!

Although it’s not official yet, we’re pretty sure that if Spielberg is serious about recruiting Hemsworth, then the Thor star will make pretty damn sure he keeps his schedule free until further notice…

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 03:05 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Matrix part reminds of of The Second Renaissance' film on the Animatrix.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 06:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji

Yep, fo' sho'

I actually rather like those episodes of the Animatrix. They were written by the Wachowski Bros/Sister.. (heh)

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 11:25 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote:
Source

Spielberg To Test IMAX Technology for ‘Robopocalypse’

Written by Adam Harris

Always an innovator, Steven Spielberg’s not lost his passion for new technology, aiming to bring his classic films to the IMAX. When it came out in 1981 Raiders of the Lost Ark was visually stunning, and now that gorgeous cinematography has been brought up to date with the latest technology. It’s just his old films that Spielberg has his eyes on; speaking with Yahoo Movies the screen legend spoke about the future for his latest sci fi project Robopocalypse, saying:

I’m going to do an IMAX camera test, [both] a 2 and 3D test for my next movie ‘Robopocalypse,’ and I haven’t decided whether I’m going to use the IMAX cameras, and I haven’t decided whether it’s going to be 2D or 3D yet, but I am in September going to start doing some tests.

Currently working on Lincoln with method acting supremo Daniel Day-Lewis, Spielberg’s Robopocalypse couldn’t be more different. Focusing on a Terminator style world where man and machine are locked in battle after a sentient A.I gains control of military hardware, the film will feature Thor: The Dark World star Chris Hemsworth as its hero and though little has been revealed, the film already has a release date set for 2014.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2012 12:56 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Spielberg is trying to get some eye candy for this... click

I approve.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 12:04 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Kazenji

thumb up Feels like it most definitely.

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yep, fo' sho'

I actually rather like those episodes of the Animatrix. They were written by the Wachowski Bros/Sister.. (heh)

lolz. the sis part.

Hey I'm all for a techno in power film. Just not so obvious. I think Ghost in the Shell always represented the best representation of man's desperate vs tech war.
If humanity is so low that such an eventuality in technological rise in dominance is inevitable then damn.....!
One would think man would have technology work for him for at least a period of time before simply one robot achieved consciousness and decided to rise the rabble and tear us apart.

I Robot and Blade Runner come to mind as comparative mediums.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2012 06:28 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Shit.. erm

It's been delayed... "indefinitely."

(The very definition of "delay" means that it will still happen, so "indefinitely" is a bit of a contradiction, so whatever that means...)

Old Post Jan 11th, 2013 11:55 PM