KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Battery will not charge!

Battery will not charge!
Started by: menokokoro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
menokokoro

Battery will not charge!

Okay, so the battery on my laptop will not charge, it says "0% available (plugged in, not charging)". At first I thought it was just a bad battery, so I bought a new one, it helped, but only because there was some charge in that battery when I got it, now both batteries are completely dry. Then I thought it was the adapter, so I plugged in a friends adapter for the exact same type of computer, it was different, it SAID it was charging, but it never actually did. Does anyone know anything that could explain what is going on? this is getting really annoying.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2011 05:45 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by menokokoro
Okay, so the battery on my laptop will not charge, it says "0% available (plugged in, not charging)". At first I thought it was just a bad battery, so I bought a new one, it helped, but only because there was some charge in that battery when I got it, now both batteries are completely dry. Then I thought it was the adapter, so I plugged in a friends adapter for the exact same type of computer, it was different, it SAID it was charging, but it never actually did. Does anyone know anything that could explain what is going on? this is getting really annoying.

No idea, but maybe it could be a driver that got messed up, so it's not registering that a charger is plugged in?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 06:11 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Couple of questions:

How old is your laptop?
What is its model?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 07:43 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

Originally posted by §P0oONY
Couple of questions:

How old is your laptop?
What is its model?
it's a good...3? years old. it's a Dell Inspiron 1545.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 11:44 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

If you replaced the battery (and it wasn't a lemon) and you tried another power-box you know works, it's probably a bad charger-board.

Good thing, you can get one for under $50.00.

Bad thing, you have to open your computer to replace it.

Good thing, it's not soldered in, so it's just a matter of removing screws and whatnot.

part: http://njrefurbpc.com/magento/lapto...-4aq03-011.html

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2011 12:42 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

THANKYOU! I hope this works, I'll report back.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2011 02:45 AM
menokokoro

So, I FINALLY got that part...Still wont charge....ugh! and when I was finished I had 3 extra screws...I'm not very good at this computer fixing business...

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 07:56 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

So, I FINALLY got that part...Still wont charge....ugh! and when I was finished I had 3 extra screws...I'm not very good at this computer fixing business...

Sorry to hear that. Can you send the part back, if the $$$ is worth the trouble.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 09:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

Originally posted by Robtard
Sorry to hear that. Can you send the part back, if the $$$ is worth the trouble.
I don't know, but I don't really care about that right now. Now that I know that it isn't the battery, it isn't the adapter, it isn't the charger board, it isn't the bios (just updated it)...I do not know what it could be. This is really pissing me off!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 04:05 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Dell

Well there you go.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2012 08:45 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

Originally posted by the ninjak
Well there you go.
Yep, figured that out a while ago....now, do you know how to fix it?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2012 02:49 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Nah sorry. Dell are the devil there is a reason why their products are sooo cheap.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2012 05:16 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

Originally posted by the ninjak
Nah sorry. Dell are the devil there is a reason why their products are sooo cheap.
Indeed, I can't wait till I've saved up for my new computer I built on newegg big grin

Old Post Apr 6th, 2012 05:13 PM
menokokoro

No one has any pointers!? Ugh! this problem doesn't seem to have a solution!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 07:36 PM
Lexington
Elysian Fields

Sorry to raise an old thread but I have exactly the same issue, apparently its a system board issue. For me the charger is lit but once I plug it into the laptop it goes out. Motherboard has a short, the 1545 is notorious for this i hear. Been sitting in my drawer for a few months now.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2012 02:18 AM
Lexington is currently offline Click here to Send Lexington a Private Message Find more posts by Lexington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

My advice, (and what I'm doing). Get rid of your Intuos, build a new computer at newegg. It's going to be glorious!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2012 07:36 PM
hardwork

laptop battery cbattery.net

you can see cbattery.net for some help

Old Post Dec 26th, 2012 06:56 AM
hardwork is currently offline Click here to Send hardwork a Private Message Find more posts by hardwork Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote