KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Nu52 Superman's power

Nu52 Superman's power
Started by: emporerpants

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
emporerpants

Nu52 Superman's power

Where would you rank him on earth based on combat showings? I know everyone and their mom in the comics keeps saying he's at the top, but personally, I don't think so. He hasn't won a physical confrontation against a peer...well...at all yet as far as I can remember. Either it's a character he should stomp and he does, or he just gets stomped himself, or wins in a different manner. Thoughts?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2013 12:46 AM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Don't get me wrong, based on feats he's up there, I just don't think you can call him #1 with a straight face at this point. top 3 most likely.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2013 01:09 AM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I would consider him, Orion, Adam, and Wondy all peers. Indont think his showings is as bad as you are saying that it is. Who should he have stomped that he fought?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 24th, 2013 10:51 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
I would consider him, Orion, Adam, and Wondy all peers. Indont think his showings is as bad as you are saying that it is. Who should he have stomped that he fought?

thumb up

Orion, Adam, WW without bracers are top Heralds. Like Thor, SS and WBH.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 02:14 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
thumb up

Orion, Adam, WW without bracers are top Heralds. Like Thor, SS and Savage Hulk.

Slight correction.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 07:51 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by carver9
Slight correction.

I will slight correct your face

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Last edited by Prof. T.C McAbe on Oct 26th, 2013 at 08:30 AM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 08:25 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BUSTER1

Batman and Carver, get a room you 2.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 10:13 AM
BUSTER1 is currently offline Click here to Send BUSTER1 a Private Message Find more posts by BUSTER1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He's top dog imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 26th, 2013 02:20 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by emporerpants
Don't get me wrong, based on feats he's up there, I just don't think you can call him #1 with a straight face at this point. top 3 most likely.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2013 02:18 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

His new powers are sick. He can do whatever he wants just like he always could

Old Post Oct 28th, 2013 06:04 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Carver, I don't think he should stomp his peers. I was saying that he should beat them in a fight, or at least look better than them, not stomp them. The people he's beaten he really shouldn't have much trouble with anyway. When it comes to his peers he either straight up loses, or comes out looking worse than them. There isn't anything wrong with that in and of itself, but then DC should stop have everyone giving him unfounded lip service. He hasn't done anything to prove he's #1, but everyone keeps calling him #1. All i'm saying is I want to actually be shown why he's the best, instead of just being told it.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2013 12:38 PM
carver9

What fights are you talking about though? He usually does well in his fights and for the most part, he is winning. Its the enemies he's facing...majority of them take plot to beat them. I think DC is showing him a lot of praise...a LOT of praise. He has losses but who doesn't, its part of being a hero. IMO, this Superman is a beast (can't wait to see his fight against Wraith).

Old Post Oct 29th, 2013 03:49 AM
emporerpants

Well, the predator looking dude made him look silly, the shadow cat like lady owned him, Orion looked better in their fight, He-man owned him, Hel'spont one shotted him and then had a harder time with a street level character, he got stomped more times than i can count recently in psy war, his big enemy in Superman unchained made him look like a child, there was a ghost or something that he and Batman were dealing with in an extra story at the end of issues that owned him, etc. That is just off the top of my head.

Really, DC seems to be using him as a tool to show how awesome the newest big threat or hero character is. What's the best way to give something instant Cred? Say that Supes is the most powerful being on earth, and then have something stomp him. Writing! I get the feeling that this trend will continue in the Superman/Wonderwoman comic. You can bet Supes and Wondy will fight, and when they do Wondy will remark on Supes being ultra powerful and then proceed to beat him because they are making a big deal about him not knowing how to fight in that comic.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2013 12:28 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by emporerpants
Well, the predator looking dude made him look silly, the shadow cat like lady owned him, Orion looked better in their fight, He-man owned him, Hel'spont one shotted him and then had a harder time with a street level character, he got stomped more times than i can count recently in psy war, his big enemy in Superman unchained made him look like a child, there was a ghost or something that he and Batman were dealing with in an extra story at the end of issues that owned him, etc. That is just off the top of my head.

Really, DC seems to be using him as a tool to show how awesome the newest big threat or hero character is. What's the best way to give something instant Cred? Say that Supes is the most powerful being on earth, and then have something stomp him. Writing! I get the feeling that this trend will continue in the Superman/Wonderwoman comic. You can bet Supes and Wondy will fight, and when they do Wondy will remark on Supes being ultra powerful and then proceed to beat him because they are making a big deal about him not knowing how to fight in that comic.
Being used as a tool to showcase how awesome the new threat happens to every top dog character. It is lazy writting and it can get annoying when they overdo it, but it doesn't stay with the characters. I mean look how beastly Thor is nowadays when a year or 2 ago he was getting knocked the **** out by everyone and their mama. Same thing happened to Savage Hulk. It is happening to Superman now, but he is still getting his fair share of feats and he does tend to fight a higher level of opponents. 5D Imps, H'el, Helspont etc.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 7th, 2013 06:14 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Yeah, I know, Supes is where Thor was yet a year or 2 ago. I can't wait for it to end though, haha. IMO they haven't done a good job of establishing why Supes is the toughest yet. His feats are good, they just need to have him win some fights.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2013 06:30 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He's beaten plenty of people so far, though...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 7th, 2013 06:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Yeah, I mean he needs to beat people who are a bit more impressive. He doesn't need to go around and stomp everyone, just a few more in the win column against impressive foes. Like if he manages to beat H'el or Helspont, that would go a long way. Or if he manages to beat his newest foe in Unchained. Or if he has a fight with Wondy and he wins/looks better. Or if he beats He-man in the next issue of that crossover.

He just needs to look better against tougher opposition IMO.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2013 06:44 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think he's done as well as can be expected, given the amount of powerful enemies he's face.

I get that you don't agree, I just... I dunno, I feel like it's too early to be expecting to see him fight the likes of Diana or Adam, and the like.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 7th, 2013 07:50 PM
emporerpants

I see what you're saying, and I do kinda agree. I guess I just kinda don't like the whole Lip Service part. I know that at some point he must have won some tough fights to get the title of #1 on the planet, I just want to see those things. It really boils down to wanting them to show it more than just saying it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think they've done poorly, this is just something I think could use a bit of improvement.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2013 08:21 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You didn't like his showings in Action? Or when he fought that giant world killer in Superman and tanked a magical blast?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 7th, 2013 08:24 PM