KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » New 'Lucifer' Ongoing Series (Vertigo)...

New 'Lucifer' Ongoing Series (Vertigo)...
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

New 'Lucifer' Ongoing Series (Vertigo)...

"The upcoming 'Lucifer' series will find God dead and the erstwhile lord-of-Hell-turned-nightclub-impresario accused of the murder by no less than his own angelic brother, Gabriel. If Lucifer can prove his innocence, not only will his sins be forgotten, but he'll be welcomed back into the Silver City."
-Source

Preview:
(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

-Coming this Fall.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2015 04:26 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Premise sounds like the God awful tv show premise with the nightclub. Written by a young adult novel writer. I have low expectations.

On the other hand it is Lucifer so...

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2015 05:02 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

My sentiments exactly. thumb up

I'll give it a go because it's supposed to be a continuation of Carey's epic run, but I certainly don't expect it to be on that level. Hopefully I'm wrong. /shrug

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2015 05:08 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

How is it a continuation of Carey's run? Lucifer left creation never to return at the end

I give this a 10% chance of success, at best. Hope I'm wrong

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2015 09:30 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Dunno how they'll explain the particulars behind him coming back, but as his facial scars indicate: this is definitely Lucifer, post-issue #75.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2015 09:39 PM
Blockythe1guy

Huh, If this still canon to the DC comic?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 02:21 AM
Blockythe1guy is currently offline Click here to Send Blockythe1guy a Private Message Find more posts by Blockythe1guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Hate that smug smirk he's got in most of these scenes erm

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 02:56 AM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Oh wow, I assumed this was a reboot and not really related to Carey's run (given Lucifer is back and it talks about God being dead (despite Yahweh leaving) and talking about Gabriel) but yeah between the scar and it referencing Gabriel's arc in Hellblazer it seems to be a continuation.

Might have to pick this up because of that, and hope it's good. Also I wonder if they'll reference Mazikeen and the fact she has the vast majority Lucifer's power.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 02:55 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

And what about Elaine taking over? And about Hell not being around anymore.. At least Heaven could have been rebuilt I guess. They have answered how Gabriel could be brought back, now they have to answer the others.

The Word

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 03:32 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Well some form of Hell was around after Lucifer anyway as John went there in Hellblazer, but that could be an extension of the hell Elaine built for Remiel, or something The First of The Fallen made etc.

Basically there are ways around the Hell thing, but the Elaine thing is a bit weirder- unless she is the God that dies. But seeing as they're showing the scar, and referencing what happened to Gabriel in a story 20 years ago in a different book makes me kinda hopeful that Holly Black is at least trying to explain how this all fits.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 04:03 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

So the really good run that everyone is referring to. Title/Issue #s/Author/etc.? I may be interested in reading it, but I really don't want to slog through ancillary stuff.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 02:33 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Mike Carey's 'Lucifer' #01-75:
http://www.comicvine.com/lucifer/4050-9744/

If you enjoyed 'Sandman', you'll love this series. Truly excellent. thumb up

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 02:37 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

thumb up

Thanks. I'll look into it.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 03:42 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Re: New 'Lucifer' Ongoing Series (Vertigo)...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
"The upcoming 'Lucifer' series will find God dead and the erstwhile lord-of-Hell-turned-nightclub-impresario accused of the murder by no less than his own angelic brother, Gabriel. If Lucifer can prove his innocence, not only will his sins be forgotten, but he'll be welcomed back into the Silver City."
-Source

Preview:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

-Coming this Fall.
**** me he has the scar from makizeen on his face. This is gonna suck

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Sep 26th, 2015 11:07 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Hahaha, this ****ing industry

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 29th, 2015 12:25 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The original series ended on the perfect note. Seeing as how they are going back to this is awful. Sign of the times I imagine.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2015 10:06 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

It's comics. Not sure what you expect. If you want the perfect ending for a character, you have to be willing to jump off permanently at the time that seems best to you. Eventually it will all disappoint and/or morph into something unrecognizable from the original. It's hard - I know from experience - but the times I've managed it have been wonderful.

I'm currently just starting to read Carey's Lucifer run. I imagine, especially given this chatter, that I'll just stop once it's over and not even bother with this new stuff.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 02:15 AM
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
It's comics. Not sure what you expect. If you want the perfect ending for a character, you have to be willing to jump off permanently at the time that seems best to you. Eventually it will all disappoint and/or morph into something unrecognizable from the original. It's hard - I know from experience - but the times I've managed it have been wonderful.

I'm currently just starting to read Carey's Lucifer run. I imagine, especially given this chatter, that I'll just stop once it's over and not even bother with this new stuff.
I won't give the new stuff a read unless I hear great things. I feel it's going to suck but you never know. My favorite character from lucifer wasn't even lucifer it was Fenris.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 02:34 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The first issue is slated for release on 12/16/15:
http://www.vertigocomics.com/comics...-2015/lucifer-1

Old Post Nov 26th, 2015 02:10 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Fingers are crossed.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2015 10:27 AM