KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Moon

Moon
Started by: =Tired Hiker=

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Moon

This looks promising. Directed by Duncan Jones, also known as Zowie Bowie, David Bowie's son, 'Moon' is about a guy who works alone on the moon as a miner. Seems he begins to go insane or something. Check out the trailer, it's pretty cool.

http://www.sonypictures.com/classics/moon/trailer.html

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 12:19 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Been wanting to see this for some time now, but it's not playing anywhere near me, just like half of every year's quality movies.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 12:51 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would be more excited about it but I can't stand the actor in it.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 02:53 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Ah yes, I remember you saying you didn't like Sam Rockwell in another thread. And I think, in that thread, I responded with something like: "how dare you not like Sam Rockwell?!"

And I feel like I should reiterate that sentiment: how dare you not like him?!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 11:59 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Looks interesting....

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 01:33 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I don't remember him in anything.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 09:47 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Sam Rockwell? The Green Mile, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, Matchstick Men, The Assassination of Jesse James, Snow Angels, Choke.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 09:57 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I think the only movie I saw of all of those was The Green Mile, and I don't remember who he was in it.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 10:05 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

It's been a LONG time since I've seen it, but I think he was the crazy, evil inmate.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 10:54 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Josh Bell, a local movie critic in Vegas who is usually a tight ass when it comes to rating movies, gave Moon 4 out of 5 bells. He rarely, RARELY gives five bells, so this is a very good rating by him. He said the plot really unfolds well, the twists are throughout the film, not just one big twist at the end that is meant to make you drop your jaw, which usually those types of movies tend to fail. It's playing at two theaters here in Vegas, so I hope to catch it maybe this weekend.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 10:48 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Snakeeyes - I don't like him, I don't like him, I don't like him, I don't like him. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 11:04 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
Snakeeyes - I like him, I like him, I like him, I like him.

Yes, we all know you like Sam.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 07:29 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
This looks promising. Directed by Duncan Jones, also known as Zowie Bowie, David Bowie's son, 'Moon' is about a guy who works alone on the moon as a miner. Seems he begins to go insane or something. Check out the trailer, it's pretty cool.

http://www.sonypictures.com/classics/moon/trailer.html

Looks pretty freakin good

and I actually heard it was very good. Has been getting very good reviews lately.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 11:15 PM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

I really wanted to see this but it wasn't released anywhere near me. sad

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 02:41 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Saw this last night. It was very good. Sam Rockwell was excellent; probably his best performance yet. The score, by Clint Mansell (one of my favorites) was great, all in all it was an impressive debut from director Duncan Jones. Like a lot of critics have been saying, in a summer where we've got big, dumb action flicks like Transformers 2, it's refreshing to see a smart sci-fi movie.

I'd rate it an 8.5/10. Second favorite movie I've seen this year.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 04:40 PM
jinXed by JaNx

I've been wanting to see this for a while now but the Arts theater around here was only showing it for two nights. I didn't get the chance to go see it sad I guess im going to have to wait for DvD. It's balls that all of the megaplexes around here will not show this. Although, i did get to see the original Ghostbusters on the big screen again...,go figure.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 06:54 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Steak Knife
I think the only movie I saw of all of those was The Green Mile, and I don't remember who he was in it.

He was the murderous ******* who killed the little girls, and fingered Percy.

Movie looks promising, it's not opening anywhere near me though, sucks.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 09:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
He was the murderous ******* who killed the little girls, and fingered Percy.

Movie looks promising, it's not opening anywhere near me though, sucks.

Where are you finding these "openings" listings?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 01:31 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
Where are you finding these "openings" listings?

Yahoo movies. Not showing close to me.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 02:49 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Sam Rockwell? The Green Mile, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, Matchstick Men, The Assassination of Jesse James, Snow Angels, Choke.

And - as Zaphod Beeblebrox, the two-headed President Of The Galaxy in 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.'

Just came home from seeing the film; very well done for it's small budget. Deserves some comparisons to 2001, Silent Running, Alien, Outland and WALL-E.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 01:30 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote