KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » The Dark Knight vs. Batman Begins

The Dark Knight vs. Batman Begins
Started by: AverageSavage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AverageSavage

The Dark Knight vs. Batman Begins

Personally i like Batman Begins more. I thought the plot was alot better in BB. TDK wasn't really anything special IMO. The story of TDK was messy and boring. Heath Ledger made it a lot more interesting tho. That's just my opinion.

Which movie do you think is the best?

Thanks Starlock

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 10:17 AM
AverageSavage is currently offline Click here to Send AverageSavage a Private Message Find more posts by AverageSavage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

The Dark Knight.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 10:42 AM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinkin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Both were brilliant but TDK.

The plot was interesting and fun not messy.

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 11:27 AM
Kinkin is currently offline Click here to Send Kinkin a Private Message Find more posts by Kinkin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

The Dark Knight.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 09:11 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i love both movies, but TDK rulz

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 09:14 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

The Dark Knight was good. First time where you see a dark plot. A villain who actually kills people. Not only that, but the plot made the hero a villain, and kept 2 other villains. Very good movie.

The joker was great. Ledger(can spell correctly) played the park very nice.

Batman Begin was good. I am happy the didn't introduce Joker as the first villain like they did with Superman.

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 11:27 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Dark Knight

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 24th, 2009 06:32 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Re: The Dark Knight vs. Batman Begins

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AverageSavage
The story of TDK was messy and boring.
How was it messy and boring?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 24th, 2009 08:29 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AverageSavage

the part of the plot involving the money and the mafia and the whole ordeal in hong kong. It felt like i was watching a spy movie instead of a batman movie. Every time i watch it i find myself waiting for The Joker to appear as he is easily the only reason why this movie got as good reviews as it did (aside from the technical stuff which was very good)

Thanks Starlock

Old Post May 24th, 2009 10:09 PM
AverageSavage is currently offline Click here to Send AverageSavage a Private Message Find more posts by AverageSavage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

the part of the plot involving the money and the mafia and the whole ordeal in hong kong. It felt like i was watching a spy movie instead of a batman movie. Every time i watch it i find myself waiting for The Joker to appear as he is easily the only reason why this movie got as good reviews as it did (aside from the technical stuff which was very good)
That is like 30 minutes or less of a 2hr movie.

But ok, that explains why you think it was boring, how was it messy?

Old Post May 24th, 2009 10:44 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: The Dark Knight vs. Batman Begins

Which movie do you think is the best?

TDK.

Old Post May 24th, 2009 10:57 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

The Dark Knight.

I like the first half of Batman Begins better than the first half of The Dark Knight but the second half of begins was really hurt by poor action and lack of character exploration. I'm not trying to say Begins had no character development because it did but after the characters were established, the story kind of went no where for me. The second half of the Dark Knight had incredible action and it's also when we saw the character's depths as they evolved.

Old Post May 25th, 2009 10:23 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

The Dark Knight

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post May 26th, 2009 03:26 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Personally preferred BB. Bale's acting was just plain better there than in TDK, as was the overall portrayal of Batman. TDK was good, but it mainly relied on other performances like Ledger's and Eckhart's.

Old Post May 26th, 2009 03:33 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I didn't enjoy BB at all. Dark Knight on the other hand tops my comic movie list. Bale's acting wasn't anything special in either, Heath Ledger was the only guy who really stuck out in TDK. But man, he saved that movie. He was incredible.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 05:19 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

The movie didn't need saving.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 08:25 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Accel
Personally preferred BB. Bale's acting was just plain better there than in TDK, as was the overall portrayal of Batman. TDK was good, but it mainly relied on other performances like Ledger's and Eckhart's.

Don't you think that is because, like Batman Returns, The Dark Knight revolved around the supporting cast rather than Batman?

I'm just curious to see what you think because i hear a lot of people complaining about Bales performance but, Bale had very little material and screen time in that movie. I thought his acting was just the same in, The Dark Knight as it was in Begins but there was just less of him. That is one of the problems i had with the movie. It took two and a half hours just to find out Batmans purpose in the movie. It wasn't until the very end that Batman even became necessary.

Old Post May 28th, 2009 12:58 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Batman begins for the stomp..TDK...was a poor movie all around....Two Face was the best part of it, but then it was so boring...i had to grasp on to something...i dont see where all the hype came from...ledger was a good average pycho...but not the joker..not even close...Batman begins at least tried to make something new...like new villains!.....i admit i am in the minority..but its how i feel.

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post May 28th, 2009 05:43 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by starlock
ledger was a good average pycho...but not the joker
Explain

Old Post May 29th, 2009 05:39 AM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

I do think The Dark Knight was the better movie between the two. By far the best damn movie DC's ever came out with. But Batman Begins is by far my personal favorite but, I have a thing for origin stories when they're done right. To me Batman Begins was just amazingly well done origin story and the only things I could have seen making it better were if Ra's had stayed Asian and Katie Holmes had ended up being Talia.

In short, TDK best movie.
Batman Begins, my favorite!

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post May 29th, 2009 01:07 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote