KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » KMC Writer's Pitch

KMC Writer's Pitch
Started by: Blair Wind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

KMC Writer's Pitch

STORY PITCH

Here is your opportunity to give us your general pitch/proposal of what would be involved in your story. You do not have to be extremely specific, just give us a general story line (without ruining the ending!) and what we might expect in terms of tone and genre (horror, action, mystery, adventure).

For examples of what constitutes a pitch/proposal you can look at Mark Waid's examples. These are more specific, but will help you understand the general concept.

-------------------------------------------

Judges
Badabing
Newjak
Galan
Zack Fair

Participants:
PR
Oliver North
Curryman
Starscream
Gecko
Lek Kuen
Bardock
Leonidas

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 02:29 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

The pitch

Thor: Sanguine Crusade

Ok so in recent days thor hasnt been getting much love. Much respect. He had been written to be the big guy with the jaw made of pre-fractured glass. Thor used to be the man. He used to be respected. When thor showed up in a comic you knew shit was about to go down in a big way and it was great. So im here to return Thor to his roots.

First im going to take him off of earth. earth has been a toxic environment for thor. All of his best stories were cosmic in nature so it is into the void of space I am returning with the loveable guy. But the thing is Thor is a warrior. At the very unshakable core of his being Thor is a proud man with an honor code and a thirst for combat, so im going to incorporate that back into his character in a big way. Naturally this leads to darker subject matter and a more gritty story telling style that has really been missing in cosmic tales.

The Base for this mini series is the story of Thor and his family. and what happens to those who would dare harm them while the thunderer still yet draws breath. On top of that there will be appearances from great classic characters who either havent seen the the light of day in ages or have been unceremoniously written off and relegated to the vintage storage rooms of fan boys.

Like I said before this is not a light airy fluff piece. This is a serious Action-Drama story line. People will die. Lives will be forever shattered. The Status quo will be dragged out the house at 2 am and instructed to bite the curb at gun point. The Landscape of characters will be forever changed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Proposal

The High Concept: Thor is grievously injured and cared for by a woman he would then marry and have a child with. But when that child is stolen from his very arms there is nothing Thor will not do to retrieve it.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 03:14 AM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

The Pitch:

Marvel's Doomsday...

When Superman put HP Doomsday into entropy...Doomsday wasn't destroyed, but instead transported through a universal wormhole into Marvel's earth. Marvel will experience destruction as never before, heroes will ally with villains to stop this nightmarish menace, many will fall...but can Doomsday be stopped?!

---

The proposal

Doomsday wrecked DC as no one has before or after and changed Superman forever. My story will explore Doomsday's impact on the Marvel universe.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 03:36 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 06:13 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

thumb up Good job everyone. Can't wait to read them. And Oliver, thanks for using Google Drive so others understand the concept.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 11:50 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

word, it is actually very nice being able to organize it as a .doc rather than as a forum post (or several)

Old Post Feb 15th, 2013 04:16 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Hellblazer - The End of the World

My idea is to write an archetypical John Constantine story at the backdrop of a DC Universe crossover, I’d use as a framing device. John won’t be at the front lines of the event, rather he has his own personal story happening at the same time only loosely connected with the “bigger” happenings in the world.

For the story I see John (at this point in his mid-forties) reconnecting with a female friend (currently named Rose) he hasn’t seen for 20 years. She tricks him into having to help her with a demon problem she has (the demon wants her dead, to be specific), and John has to go on a journey around the world to find the magical tools to ultimately defeat Rose’s pursuer.

I have planned a couple specific scenes (John meeting Batman in Egypt to find “the ultimate weapon”, John meeting Zatanna in the US, Last stand back in jolly, ol’ England ...) but it’s not all fully connected yet.

Intertwined in the present day events are flashbacks of how he met Rose, the time they spent together, and how they parted. Explaining some of the actions John and Rose take in the present.

As sort of high concept, I want all three stories (cosmic crossover, John’s present day adventure, flashbacks of John and Rose) to deal with the theme of “End of the World” quite literally and on a grand scale with the crossover, and more personal “Ends” in the two.

Alright, so that’s my proposal, now I’ll just have to put that into a working piece of fiction.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2013 10:38 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Sorry mine hasn't been posted yet. I am working on it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 17th, 2013 01:26 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

I'm not too worried. I think there are a couple others aside from you that still don't have a pitch.

idk, given the format, I'm totally in favor of giving as much time to people as it takes.

tbh, I'm really amped to see what people come up with.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2013 07:06 AM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Missing four pitches. I'd ideally like these in the next week to 2 weeks.

Participants:
PR
Curryman
Lek Kuen
Leonidas

Once we have all the pitches in, we will pick the closest Wednesday and set up the time frame to be a month from that date for the first issue.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2013 06:39 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'm still sorting through the details of my little idea. if i don't feel confident i can get it all worked out in time, i'll pm you, bw.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2013 10:37 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

hey blair, i think Pr's playing video games all day instead of working on his pitch. erm

i think you should have a word with him no expression

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 07:40 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Starscream M
hey blair, i think Pr's playing video games all day instead of working on his pitch. erm

It's for inspiration, I'm sure.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2013 09:13 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Starscream M

I'm playing games and reading comics, trying to come up with something larger in scope for my pitch. I'm not going to pitch one, not-completely thought-out idea, and then be forced to stick to it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 12:47 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm playing games and reading comics, trying to come up with something larger in scope for my pitch. I'm not going to pitch one, not-completely thought-out idea, and then be forced to stick to it.

HEY!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 09:49 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I wasn't insinuating anything laughing out loud

I just mean that I can take my writing a bit seriously sometimes, and If I'm not absolutely set on what I want to do, I can change my mind pretty quickly.

I'm still having trouble coming up with some action beats to balance all of the heavy dialogue "relationshipy" scenes.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 09:51 AM
Starscream M

Originally posted by -Pr-
I wasn't insinuating anything laughing out loud

I just mean that I can take my writing a bit seriously sometimes, and If I'm not absolutely set on what I want to do, I can change my mind pretty quickly.

I'm still having trouble coming up with some action beats to balance all of the heavy dialogue "relationshipy" scenes.
action beats aren't mandatory, don't force it in if your story doesn't call for it

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 01:03 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If I was forcing it i'd have written my pitch already. I want to have them in the story, it's just a matter of figuring out the best way.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 08:47 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I'll try to have something up soon.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 12:46 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Just saw this.

This is interesting.

I'll be an informal judge.

Seriously though, had I known about this earlier I might have considered throwing my hat in the ring. It's been a while since I've written any genre fiction.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Last edited by Omega Vision on Feb 23rd, 2013 at 04:31 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 04:27 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote