KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » The First X-Men miniseries

The First X-Men miniseries
Started by: Darth Jello

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

The First X-Men miniseries

News on a new Neal Adams mini-series starting next month called The First X-Men.

It's supposed to be set 30 years before the present books. Professor X is in Oxford and engaged to Moira MacTaggart and Magneto is still working for a shadowy government agency hunting Nazis so this is somewhere between X-Men First Class: Magneto and Weapon X. The plot is that FBI Agent Fred Duncan, the guy who helped Xavier put together and maintain the original X-Men hires a pre-Adamantium Wolverine and his mercenary partner Sabretooth. This is post-Team X and pre-Canadian intelligence. Both think they are just mutant mercenaries, both know and are comfortable with their powers due to memory tampering. Their job is to put together a mutant team with the much like the future X-Men. It includes Magneto and some new characters.

Thoughts?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2012 02:34 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I always loved the 60's Xmen. And the the relationship between Moira, Charles and Erik was always captivating.

Doesn't surprise me that the First Class film focused on the three.

I think it would be great reading. Especially if it delves into-

-Charles' relationship with his step brother.
-His relationship with the Shi'ar. Lilandra in particular.
-Magneto's relationship with his first wife.
-The love triangle between the three.
-Xavier's dealings with Lucifer. The alien who crippled him.
-The tech developments from the Shi'ar and Xavier and Mags manipulating them for their own benefits. An infant DANGER can be brought in.
-Xaviers early relationships with the "new" X-men of the day. Logan, Ororo, Kurt ect. And his choice to not include them in the first team.
-A decent origin of Scott Summers and Xavier.

Well so many ideas. Should make an excellent series personally. One I hope is done well. A series I wish I myself could work on. A dream project really.
I grew up on the original X-men through my dad's collection. And this particular series has been the foundation of my love of comic books.

If they screw this up there will be hell to pay.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 07:20 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by the ninjak
I always loved the 60's Xmen. And the the relationship between Moira, Charles and Erik was always captivating.

Doesn't surprise me that the First Class film focused on the three.

I think it would be great reading. Especially if it delves into-

-Charles' relationship with his step brother.
-His relationship with the Shi'ar. Lilandra in particular.
-Magneto's relationship with his first wife.
-The love triangle between the three.
-Xavier's dealings with Lucifer. The alien who crippled him.
-The tech developments from the Shi'ar and Xavier and Mags manipulating them for their own benefits. An infant DANGER can be brought in.
-Xaviers early relationships with the "new" X-men of the day. Logan, Ororo, Kurt ect. And his choice to not include them in the first team.
-A decent origin of Scott Summers and Xavier.

Well so many ideas. Should make an excellent series personally. One I hope is done well. A series I wish I myself could work on. A dream project really.
I grew up on the original X-men through my dad's collection. And this particular series has been the foundation of my love of comic books.

If they screw this up there will be hell to pay.

Again, this has nothing to do with Charles' team. This is Fred Duncan and Logan's team, post Team X, Pre-Canadian intelligence and Weapon X. Moira and Charles are in love and Charles rejected Wolverine's efforts to recruit him, Magneto is a Nazi Hunter, Sabretooth is Wolverine's mercenary partner. This is the X-Men before the X-Men so I won't expect a lot of familiar characters.
Also, this is all supposed to be in continuity.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 10:50 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Jul 26th, 2012 05:58 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

sad

Is that Moira beating up robots? That ain't canon. Nothing about that appears to be canon.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2012 07:19 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

No, she's a new character. This series is going to be canon, as stated in the interviews.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2012 07:58 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

...They're actually going through with this? erm

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2012 08:25 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I like Wolverine... but no way will i be getting this.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2012 08:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Well, Fred Duncan was sort of-kind of a cofounder of the original X-Men.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2012 01:07 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

It will only last 5 issues, why not give it a chance. Besides, more Wolverine is always good for me stick out tongue And there is a chance for another Logan vs. Namor battle.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2012 03:26 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

There's a preview for this up over at CBR.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2012 06:48 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Jul 27th, 2012 01:39 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I'm actually liking this series but hating the art. Other than Magneto sporting the worst haircut in all of comics, this series is notable for some a few fairly cool characters, a different angle on Wolverine and Sabes' relationship, and the very first prototype appearance of the Sentinels (predating Uncanny X-Men -1?)

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 03:59 AM
mr.smiley

To me this is one of those weird things where as comic book movies attempt to be more like the comics,the more the comics attempt to echo the movies.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2012 10:40 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Jello
I'm actually liking this series but hating the art. Other than Magneto sporting the worst haircut in all of comics, this series is notable for some a few fairly cool characters, a different angle on Wolverine and Sabes' relationship, and the very first prototype appearance of the Sentinels (predating Uncanny X-Men -1?)

So am I. Liked how Mags and Namor were portrayed as team wreckers.

There was a prototype Sentinel in X-Men Legacy series, too...

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2012 05:02 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

So the ending.... how does this fit in with the current Wolverine issues, Shadow Society, and the original Weapon X story unless whatever agency Wolverine was in pre-adamantium WAS weapon X and romulus is a super elaborate liar...

Both he and Creed are really under someone's mind**** during this whole series...

Old Post Jan 10th, 2013 01:58 AM
Salthasha

not interested.

Old Post May 8th, 2013 08:15 PM
Salthasha is currently offline Click here to Send Salthasha a Private Message Find more posts by Salthasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote