KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Character Respect Forum » Respect The McClane Factor

Respect The McClane Factor
Started by: Kaibs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Respect The McClane Factor

The McClane Factor.

(please log in to view the image)

What is it? How does it work? Is it something that anyone can actually attain? All of these answers in more are before us below.

With the combination of John McClane's itchy trigger finger, and his never say die spirit he has survived 4 movies and has displayed an array of unbelievable feats that usually no other man would be able to accomplish. Which leads us into our first definition.

The McClane Factor - A nigh unexplainable set of events or motions set forth by John McClane, where improbable shit blows up and where villains die in situations where they always have the upper hand.

Not only has he Luck and Dumb luck power (see below) The McClane Factor also includes the Hard Target subskills, showing that he has more HPs than usual in his genre of character. He also displays courage that propels him into doing things that put him in situations that make the impossible, possible.

With his high Initiative and common sense (he's also very good at diving for cover), MacClane will often lay back in a firefight, only firing short bursts as he crawl and dive from cover to cover.

While The McClane Factor can only be used by John McClane himself, others have experienced a boost in courage and fighting prowess while being around McClane.

His daughter Lucy displayed such showings when at the end of Die Hard 4.0 she grabs a gun and shoots the person who is holding her and attempts to slide a gun to her father. She even helps her father out: when Gabriel tells her to talk her father down, she uses the opportunity to tell him there are five bad guys left and later insists he'll save her, which he does.

The people that help him out throughout his movies also usually get affected by The McClane Factor.

McClane's Luck - McClane's ability to survive explosions, firefights, crashes and other hazards that borders on the improbable. Another trait of his luck is McClane's Dumb Luck. Where he always has the pleasure of finding himself in situations where he is usually out maned, out gunned, and where his family is in danger. Although these events usually set forth in motion where McClane's cosmic GOOD luck takes over and guides him to victory.

Between the overall McClane Factor and the Luck of McClane he is able to do things that no ordinary hero would be able to accomplish. Some examples are seen below.

Die Hard 4.0 McClane destroys a helicopter. McClane also shows shows The Luck of McClane.

Die Hard 2 McClane single handed destroys a plane and all of the bad guys on it.

Die Hard 1 McClane shows The McClane factor and his luck also in various scenes. (Sorry about the music)

Youtube sucks ass in finding John McClane movie action due to copyright issues. I will add more as I find more.

Fin

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Last edited by Kaibs on Nov 4th, 2010 at 01:38 AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 01:31 AM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's already a McClane thread here.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 01:33 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

This is not about McClane as a whole. This is about his Luck and his overall Factor. Not to mention most of your thread is polluted with random shit.

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 01:35 AM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, just saying. Carry on. Don't be surprised if this is closed.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 01:37 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Yeah that's fine, but it shouldn't be. As this is strictly talking about his luck and factor, and not about him as a person. Although you should totally redo his respect thread intro.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 01:38 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah, it's perfect. Hell I might as well make a thread about Riggs' mullet.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 01:44 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

LolZ, well done thread.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 02:08 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
LolZ, well done thread.

*salute*

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 02:16 AM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

I still can't find any other good places to show the Factor. I might have to upload the damn movies myself and sort through them.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 12:35 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Kaibs
This is not about McClane as a whole. This is about his Luck and his overall Factor. Not to mention most of your thread is polluted with random shit.

Yup. Great thread the McLuck factor is almost its own entity and therefore deserves this thread, IMO.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 12:55 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

LolZ, well done thread.

Seconded.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 12:56 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yup. Great thread the McLuck factor is almost its own entity and therefore deserves this thread, IMO.

It is it's own Entity. It envelops The Force, Harry Potter Magic, and The One Ring To Rule Them All.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 03:09 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Seconded.

/salute.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 03:10 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

It is it's own Entity. It envelops The Force, Harry Potter Magic, and The One Ring To Rule Them All.

Hahhahahaha With the combined carnage of all of 'em.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 04:38 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

What was Mac's single greatest feat of luck? I'd say the F-35.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 01:21 AM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

That's a good question. I'd say it's very up in the air. But probably either him destroying everyone in a matter of 10 minutes in Die Hard 2, Not falling to his demise in the elevator shaft in Die Hard 4, the tunnel in Die Hard 4, or the Fighter Jet in Die Hard 4.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 01:29 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Don't know, but not everything is luck, much of it is ingenuity even though it might appear as luck.

This is likely a question for Deep Thought, the stupendous super computer, though I'm not sure if any of us will be around in seven-and-a-half million years for the answer.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 01:40 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Don't know, but not everything is luck, much of it is ingenuity even though it might appear as luck.

This is likely a question for Deep Thought, the stupendous super computer, though I'm not sure if any of us will be around in seven-and-a-half million years for the answer.

McClane will be though.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 01:45 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

The fire hose stunt comes to mind.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 01:48 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

McClane will be though.

and that's all that really matters.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 01:54 AM