KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DC killing Damian Wayne?!

DC killing Damian Wayne?!
Started by: JayDaDon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruhMan
World Champion

DC killing Damian Wayne?!

Stupid idea. Such wasted potential so we can see more melodrama and brooding.

[URL=http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/ holy_hit_job_robin_eats_it_kZ9EWvYlw10mf4wS324GhN]

Last edited by BruhMan on Feb 25th, 2013 at 06:52 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 06:49 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I don't know why but its not letting me post a direct link

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 06:53 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

That's a shame. He made things a tad more interesting, I was always curious what would be said between him and the other bats in the belfry.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 07:00 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Joker kill another one?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 07:29 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Well they refer to his killer as a brutal enemy. Its weird that this is being spoiled so early though.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 07:37 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 07:45 PM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Joker kill another one?

I thought that joker arc was over and had Jason Todd all joker venomed for his trouble. (haven't had alot of time to read as of yet) and Damian was safe and sound. Would be a little odd to have joker just pop back up and off Damian.

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 08:51 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

covers are often times misleading so will wait and actually read the issue to see if Damian truly dies and someone else picks up the Robin mantle

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 09:33 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Well I'm just going by what they said. They actually confirmed they're killing him off on the first link.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 10:16 PM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Well I'm just going by what they said. They actually confirmed they're killing him off on the first link.

What the page in your first link said=

EXCLUSIVE
Robin the Boy Wonder, Batman’s aide-de-camp, will be killed battling a brutal enemy in a comic book published Wednesday.

The shocking demise of the Dark Knight’s sidekick will first appear in issue No. 8 of the offshoot title “Batman Incorporated,” but the aftermath of his death will ripple throughout the DC Comics universe, the publisher confirmed exclusively to The Post.

(please log in to view the image)

Damian Wayne — the son of Bruce Wayne and the latest hero to assume the mantle of Robin — has a heart-to-heart with fellow superhero Nightwing before his final, and ultimately fatal, battle in the pages of “Batman Incorporated” No. 8, out Wednesday.
“He saves the world. He does his job as Robin,” writer Grant Morrison said. “He dies an absolute hero.”

Robin — a k a Damian Wayne, the 10-year-old son of Bruce Wayne — is slain fighting a hulking assassin who happens to be, in true comic-book form, a “brother” cloned from his genetic material.

And — SPOILER ALERT ! — unlike all the times he has swooped in at the last minute, Batman arrives too late to save his protégé.

A number of heroes have filled the role of Robin over the decades, including the first and best known, Dick Grayson, introduced in 1940.

The latest Robin, however, was the brilliant and caustic Damian, the illegitimate son of billionaire Bruce Wayne and Talia, the beautiful daughter of one of his deadliest enemies, Ra’s al Ghul.

Morrison, one of the industry’s top talents, brings an adult perspective to the grim tale.

Robin’s death, he said, will illustrate how parents lose sight of their kids when they fight.

“It’s all about the family and the family going to hell,” said Morrison, who threw in elements of his own parents’ divorce. “The two adults in the story are both culpable. The kid’s the good guy.”

(please log in to view the image)

Morrison, who brought Damian to the forefront in 2006, said he had created a full arc for the character, who grew from a violent, fledgling assassin to a selfless leader.

“What we did was turn this little monster into a superhero,” he said. “He’s a little brat, but he’s a super-brat.”

Damian isn’t the first Robin to die, but he’s the first to die at the height of his popularity with fans.

In 1988, a few years after Grayson moved on, the next Robin — the disliked, surly Jason Todd — was slain by the Joker after an infamous phone poll let fans choose whether the teen should be killed off.

Todd was resurrected in 2005.

So who knows if Damian will stay dead, or if a new Boy (or perhaps Girl) Wonder will take his place.

Noted Morrison: “You can never say never in a comic book . . . Batman will ultimately always have a partner.”

Batman Incorporated No. 8 preview by New York Post

GAMMA GIDEON

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 10:26 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by JayDaDon

still i'll wait though.. it does seem odd that they would spoiler it before the issue comes out.. if truly true I hope someone good takes over and obviously the next question will be when will damian return??

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 01:23 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You couldn't have put some spoilers in the title? Really? sad

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 05:52 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

He had a ? in the title :P

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 06:33 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by -Pr-
You couldn't have put some spoilers in the title? Really? sad

Sorry sad

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 08:34 AM
Emi~Kiro
Duchess Nukem

If ras could bring back Jason and Damians mother wants him couldn't they just bring him back from the dead and when he gets older he can just appear like Jason did?

I am Omega. :3

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 09:05 AM
Emi~Kiro is currently offline Click here to Send Emi~Kiro a Private Message Find more posts by Emi~Kiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Hmmm... he might be resurrected via mommy or retire from Bat family or fake his death.

one of these 3's, anyone else think these are highly possible?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 10:52 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

WHAT.THE.**** is the matter with DC? Damian is one of the best characters created in a long time. This is ****ing atrocious.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 05:04 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Remember when this news would have been widely received as being awesome?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 10:27 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by vansonbee
Hmmm... he might be resurrected via mommy or retire from Bat family or fake his death.

one of these 3's, anyone else think these are highly possible?

I'm still wondering if it's gonna be a literal death too. I don't think Morrisson would be so uninspired. Man I have Batman and Robin born to kill, GREAT stuff. I wanted to see more of Batman trying to raise his son the best he can.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2013 12:59 AM
Q99

Personally I'm not a big fan of the "Let's introduce a new character, get people interested in them and their development, then kill them," thing.

Sure, the occasional closed story arc is fine, but if you've got me interested in a character's development, odds are I want more of them, not less.

Death should come when a character's story naturally ends, and Damian honestly was no-where near a point where I would say, "Yea, his story's done now."

Old Post Feb 27th, 2013 01:47 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote