KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Name some good Voyager episodes.

Name some good Voyager episodes.
Started by: Shey Tapani

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Abu-Bactr

Name some good Voyager episodes.

I cant watch the whole show but i had seen some pretty decent stuff cmpared to waht i expected.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 04:28 PM
Abu-Bactr is currently offline Click here to Send Abu-Bactr a Private Message Find more posts by Abu-Bactr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I liked the double episode "Scorpion"...It started with one of the best scenes i've seen in ST...when the 2 Borg cubes approach the screen and the old lines of "we are the Borg...Your existence as you know it is over...We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own...Resistance is futile" before they are obliterated by an extremely powerful weapon.

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha...e_is_futile.ogg

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 11:32 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

The aforementioned Scorpion 2 parter as well as Future's End, The Killing Game, Night, Bride of Chaotica, Juggernaut, Equinox, Barge of the Dead, Fair Haven, Blink of an Eye, and Spirit Folk. I haven't watched season 7 yet.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 06:07 PM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

My all time fave ep of Voyager is Death Wish, where one Q wanted to end his existence

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 08:26 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abu-Bactr

Thanks, i am watching Equinox right now.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 09:18 PM
Abu-Bactr is currently offline Click here to Send Abu-Bactr a Private Message Find more posts by Abu-Bactr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I liked scorpion and plus they were able to bring in a new character and instead of just saving her and leaving it at that they actually expanded on the character which I liked

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 7th, 2010 03:04 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shey Tapani
Thanks, i am watching Equinox right now.

equinox is a good ep too

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 8th, 2010 09:42 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The one were 7 of 9 and B'Elanna get it on in a no-holes-barred sex fest.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 8th, 2010 10:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
My all time fave ep of Voyager is Death Wish, where one Q wanted to end his existence

i haven't seen all of them but
that was the one with the 2 Q's right? i like that one too but Captian Helium Janeyway should of just let things be and they could of got home!!!
I also liked the ones with the borg and the one where they were stuck in orbit and the planet had the ship in their history.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2010 06:34 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by darthmaul1
one where they were stuck in orbit and the planet had the ship in their history.

That was a good one, where the planet was on an extremely fast time-line compared to them and they witnessed the population go from primitive tech to advanced in a matter of days (or weeks?).

Old Post Jun 17th, 2010 07:21 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Scorpion was godawful- simple power inflation (something that afflicted Star Trek in general and Voyager specifically) and the continuation of the general ruining of the Borg. They even say outright that the Borg cannot investigate or analyse, only assimilate- this is in flat contradiction of the truly classic Best of Both Worlds (not just implied, but in fact direct contradiction of Shelby's line about the Borg being able to analyse- this being one of their strengths).

It was just lazy "oh, let's make a species stronger than the Borg" writing. The species was not interesting and we had no reason to believe they could beat the Borg other than that the writers mandated that they magically could. Poor.

In fact, Voyager is really stuck for good episodes. They cocked up the Borg, they cocked up Q (Death Wish was good- the ones after were a disaster), they cocked up the finale (again...) and many of the good ideas for a 'ship in space' set up had pretty much already been done by TNG, so whenever they did a time loop episode or "person wakes up to find themselves alone on the ship" kind of deal, it just seemed old.

The funniest one is Message in a Bottle; a good episode in general. But any series which has one of its major stars decrying how bad it is, giving interviews called "Voyager is pants" and remarking "I am so bored, kill me now" has its problems. And it was well reported about how they had to re-cast Janeway after the original actress quit on quality control reasons.

They honestly didn't have the writing team to pull off many good stories.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 23rd, 2010 at 09:36 AM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2010 09:27 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Pretty sure they gave a solid reason why the Borg couldn't assimilate Species 8472, their DNA being so different/advanced than anything found in this dimension.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2010 03:52 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Scorpion was godawful- simple power inflation (something that afflicted Star Trek in general and Voyager specifically) and the continuation of the general ruining of the Borg. They even say outright that the Borg cannot investigate or analyse, only assimilate- this is in flat contradiction of the truly classic Best of Both Worlds (not just implied, but in fact direct contradiction of Shelby's line about the Borg being able to analyse- this being one of their strengths).

It was just lazy "oh, let's make a species stronger than the Borg" writing. The species was not interesting and we had no reason to believe they could beat the Borg other than that the writers mandated that they magically could. Poor.

In fact, Voyager is really stuck for good episodes. They cocked up the Borg, they cocked up Q (Death Wish was good- the ones after were a disaster), they cocked up the finale (again...) and many of the good ideas for a 'ship in space' set up had pretty much already been done by TNG, so whenever they did a time loop episode or "person wakes up to find themselves alone on the ship" kind of deal, it just seemed old.

The funniest one is Message in a Bottle; a good episode in general. But any series which has one of its major stars decrying how bad it is, giving interviews called "Voyager is pants" and remarking "I am so bored, kill me now" has its problems. And it was well reported about how they had to re-cast Janeway after the original actress quit on quality control reasons.

They honestly didn't have the writing team to pull off many good stories.

I think your criticism is 100% correct, however, if you use this line of thinking, then most syfy and comic books are thrown into the same dumpster. Sometimes it is best to check your brain at the door. big grin

Old Post Jun 24th, 2010 06:26 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

The original actress was a pretty bad Janeway anyway.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2010 12:38 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mayberry

Hope and Fear

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 07:49 AM
mayberry is currently offline Click here to Send mayberry a Private Message Find more posts by mayberry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abu-Bactr

Thanks again for all the contributions.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 07:50 PM
alex30
Restricted

Account Restricted

i is really the good show i seen this

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 05:57 AM
alex30 is currently offline Click here to Send alex30 a Private Message Find more posts by alex30 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abu-Bactr

I disagree, i watched all the better episodes and goodbye, i dont want to see this again.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 07:01 AM
Darth Thor

Future's End and Message in a Bottle. They are 2 of the very few episodes I really enjoyed of Voyager.

Overall as a series I didnt really get the point of Voyager.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2010 10:50 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacob Janeway

Caretaker (the first episode, a two parter) was very good in my opinion. Once I saw Caretaker I immediately wanted to see the whole series!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2010 02:22 AM
Jacob Janeway is currently offline Click here to Send Jacob Janeway a Private Message Find more posts by Jacob Janeway Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote