KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Batman: Arkham Origins

Batman: Arkham Origins
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Batman: Arkham Origins

The next Arkham game as most know by now, isn't being done by Rock Steady, though still looks promising so far. The inclusion of Deathstroke's a plus. And as the name implies, it's a prequel.

http://kotaku.com/batman-arkham-ori...-fall-471657142

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Apr 10th, 2013 at 01:31 AM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2013 01:28 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

I wager this'll be the worst of the series. May be wrong though.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2013 02:38 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Well there seems to be a lot of prequels for game series nowadays for the sake of it, so you could be onto somethin.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2013 03:25 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Its suppose to be a younger more unrefined batman. The say its not actually tied to the Arkham games. Its not really a set up to them because it happens way before them. That makes me feel a bit better but im still uneasy about it. I would much rather have had some closure with Hush and I wish Rocksteady still had it. After Asylum and City they have my complete faith. Anyways I know myself and im going to get it I already know it. I hate knowingly being one of those people that buy a game attached to a series even though I don't think its going to turn out well. I just always hold a little bit of faith that claws at me to actually try it out.

http://www.batmanarkhamorigins.com/

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Apr 10th, 2013 03:59 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Yeah, the whole "not developed by Rocksteady" set up a warning flag, but "It's a prequel" was basically the equivalent of a huge WARNING sign with glowing letters and playing bad music going off in my head.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2013 06:21 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Here's some pages from Gameinformer also shows Black Mask

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...h/news/?a=77292

Old Post Apr 10th, 2013 07:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Just from the video and some released pictures, the feel and atmosphere look very appealing, and similar to the first two games. I'm fine with a prequel, though I'd have loved some more closure like others have stated from Arkham City, but I'd prefer the new company test out the waters on a prequel and then go forward with more experience in making the series.

I've got good hopes for it. Not sure why it's being hated on already.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2013 06:46 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's too early for me to feel one way or another about it. So I'm just going to wait and see.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 10th, 2013 07:20 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 11:37 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Sounds promising. Initially, I was skeptical due to Rocksteady not being in charge, but if they are indeed offering significant input and advice to WB Montreal, this could be good.

Any guesses as to the assassins will be (save Deathstroke)? I have a feeling we won't see Deadshot again, if only because, at least to me, Arkham City implied it was their first or one of their first meetings. We could probably see Shiva, though, possibly David Cain, too.

I will say that I hope this game doesn't get too heavy into Joker, and just because Mark Hamill won't be voicing him.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 06:15 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I'd say Shiva and Cain are likely.

Maybe an Azrael?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:27 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Batman didn't seem to recognize Azreal in City, so I doubt it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I will say that I hope this game doesn't get too heavy into Joker, and just because Mark Hamill won't be voicing him.

I feel the same but because the previous two were so focused on him. I know he's his arch-nemesis, but Batman has other enemies they can give the focus to. erm

Looks like they're not going Joker-heavy though so cool I guess.

Last edited by Nephthys on Apr 12th, 2013 at 07:38 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:35 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Ugh, typo on my part. I meant to say "not just because Mark Hamill won't be voicing him."

I totally agree with you. I like Joker as a villain, but he should have a very low role, if he even appears at all in this game. And considering this is a prequel game that's based off of traditional Batman canon, but not bound completely by it, I think you could possibly have one of the major plot points toward the end be that fateful encounter in Axis Chemicals with the Red Hood, resulting in the birth of Joker.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 09:44 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'd be fine with that.

I hope some of the assassins sent are sent by Ra's. Love fighting ninjas.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 09:49 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by Bardock42
I'd say Shiva and Cain are likely.

Maybe an Azrael?

Azrael already showed up in Arkham City.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 09:52 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Originally posted by General G

I've got good hopes for it. Not sure why it's being hated on already.

That's how people are. They're so quick to assume the worst. I've seen people calling it a cash-in even though A) It's not a yearly release. B) It's been rumored ever since Arkham City came out. C) Just because RS isn't involved doesn't mean it won't be any good.

I even came across one person saying they won't buy unless Kevin Conroy voices Batman. When people say things like this, it makes me scratch my head. I love Conroy as Batman as much as the next person and would love for him to return, but he can't voice Batman forever. The series will continue with or without him.

People will be people I suppose.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2013 03:42 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The lastest Gameinformer has more info on this game

mentions its going to be using a tower idea which Far Cry 3 used, Dismantle the towers in Gotham which emit a jamming signal that prevent's the Batwing from flying into a area. Basically no fast travel and halts Batman's sensors from placing points of interest on the map.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 01:16 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Wonder what role the Batmobile might have then, and placing points of interests on the map was one thing I loved doing in Arkham City, so sucks to hear that.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 08:46 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Its not really a bad thing

it worked with Far Cry 3....Just need get to those towers and Dismantle them in this case

anyone seen that other Batman game coming to the 3DS 'Arkham Origins'....i read its another game done like Metrovania style.

Last edited by Kazenji on Apr 26th, 2013 at 06:24 AM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 06:16 AM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

If they dont screw it up for all of us. Then it will be cool

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 07:21 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote