KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » It Kinda Scares Me That Kids Look Up To Ironman Now

It Kinda Scares Me That Kids Look Up To Ironman Now
Started by: CaptainCanti

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CaptainCanti
Gungho Gun

It Kinda Scares Me That Kids Look Up To Ironman Now

So I went to see Iron Man 3 a couple days back, and I did enjoy the movie. But I noticed a little kid dressed in an Iron Man costume. Normally I would think its cute that a kid is dressing up as his favorite superhero. But with Iron Man, its different. The reason he's popular right now is because of the movies. And while Iron Man makes for a cool superhero, I don't think hes anyone that little kids should be looking up to. To be blatantly honest, there's little to no moral code involved in the character. Kids just like him because he's snarky and he makes explosions and hes a superhero. Kids should be looking up to heroes like Batman, Superman, Thor, Spiderman, Captain America. But their looking up to a hero who's cheap and domestic. I don't know man, it just worries me a bit.

Didn't me to upset any Iron Man fans, so sorry if I did.

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 09:08 AM
CaptainCanti is currently offline Click here to Send CaptainCanti a Private Message Find more posts by CaptainCanti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Why don't you think that Tony has a moral code?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 09:16 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Captain America did drugs to get to where he is today.

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 09:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptainCanti
Gungho Gun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Why don't you think that Tony has a moral code?

Because in all three movies he's just fixing problems that he created. There's no real heroic moral code. He had a bit of heroic morals in Avengers, but even then he didn't have a choice. He just did what he had too.

When I say heroic moral code, I'm talking about doing good things and helping people for the sake of it. Not just doing it because you have to.

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 09:21 AM
CaptainCanti is currently offline Click here to Send CaptainCanti a Private Message Find more posts by CaptainCanti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

He's more relatable not being a complete angel Imo.

Like Han Solo.

Kids like those kind of characters because they're cool, but also because they know they will do the right thing in the end.

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 09:57 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

I rather kids look up Ironman/Tony Stark than any other role morel like movie stars..etc. excuse me if they make tony actually as human as possible and down to earth kind of guy

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 12:57 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

How is Iron Man down to earth? Completely unrelatable at least stick out tongue

He's good person and he tries his best, I don't think you can ask much more out of heroes than that, but I'm still a bit worried about many of the values he's fronting. I think I'd rather have my kids look up to other heroes smile

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 01:04 PM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

kids put on the costume not because of iron man's moral code, because it looks cool.. plain and simple.. he beats the bad guys.. and he looks cool doing it..

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 04:33 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by curryman

He's good person and he tries his best, I don't think you can ask much more out of heroes than that, but I'm still a bit worried about many of the values he's fronting. I think I'd rather have my kids look up to other heroes smile
you just answered the question. He tries his best, is a good person, has similar needs, and wants like us. Has a damn good moral code, enjoys life .etc

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 05:13 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Originally posted by CaptainCanti
Because in all three movies he's just fixing problems that he created. There's no real heroic moral code. He had a bit of heroic morals in Avengers, but even then he didn't have a choice. He just did what he had too.

When I say heroic moral code, I'm talking about doing good things and helping people for the sake of it. Not just doing it because you have to.

I think this video will explain what Ironman represents.Note I just felt sharing this video with all of you.Not dissing on Ironman or his fans.IM is still cool with me.

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post May 26th, 2013 08:06 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by curryman

Maybe unrelatable to you not me.

Great that kids are looking up to Iron Man. Times they are a changin'.

Old Post May 27th, 2013 04:00 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Iron Man is about as relatable to the common person as Batman is.

Actually, Tony is probably more "human" than Bruce is.

Old Post May 27th, 2013 05:01 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Re: It Kinda Scares Me That Kids Look Up To Ironman Now

Originally posted by CaptainCanti
So I went to see Iron Man 3 a couple days back, and I did enjoy the movie. But I noticed a little kid dressed in an Iron Man costume. Normally I would think its cute that a kid is dressing up as his favorite superhero. But with Iron Man, its different. The reason he's popular right now is because of the movies. And while Iron Man makes for a cool superhero, I don't think hes anyone that little kids should be looking up to. To be blatantly honest, there's little to no moral code involved in the character. Kids just like him because he's snarky and he makes explosions and hes a superhero. Kids should be looking up to heroes like Batman, Superman, Thor, Spiderman, Captain America. But their looking up to a hero who's cheap and domestic. I don't know man, it just worries me a bit.

Didn't me to upset any Iron Man fans, so sorry if I did.

Honestly reading through his books he comes off far more heroic. I don't really think Batman is a much better hero for kids to look up to if were going that route, everything he does, evrything he is, is fueled by vengeance.

Old Post May 28th, 2013 03:27 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

batman uses lil kids, spiderman let someone go n tjey killed his father figure... captain america did sterioids lol.. is iron man that bad ???

Old Post Jun 13th, 2013 08:14 AM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rambo Moe

Sign of the times, my man.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2013 05:51 AM
Rambo Moe is currently offline Click here to Send Rambo Moe a Private Message Find more posts by Rambo Moe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote