KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dcnu Superman vs anyone in strenght feats.

Dcnu Superman vs anyone in strenght feats.
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lawest9

Dcnu Superman vs anyone in strenght feats.

Who in Marvel or DC have strength feats that matched Supes earth benching five day feat while being deprived of sun energy?

Old Post May 14th, 2013 02:08 AM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Nobody, at least when it comes to quantifiable feats.

Old Post May 14th, 2013 02:09 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

What Jake said. There are obviously better, more impressive feats, but that's the best in terms of a real number.

Old Post May 14th, 2013 02:24 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Certainly not thor.

Old Post May 14th, 2013 02:26 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
Certainly not thor.

You bring up Thor more often then I bring up Thor or Superman put together, I swear. Maybe should you take my sig, you seem to be such a big fan.

Old Post May 14th, 2013 02:27 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

laughing out loud

Old Post May 14th, 2013 02:28 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You bring up Thor more often then I bring up Thor or Superman put together, I swear. Maybe should you take my sig, you seem to be such a big fan.

laughing out loud

You are slipping rage.

Old Post May 14th, 2013 02:34 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

The Hulk's Sakaar saving feat certainly comes to mind as equally as impressive. After all he was able to lift far more than the Earths weight by overpowering the explosion that would have ripped the planet apart.

Hyperion's latest feat comes to mind as well, and in my opinion lays Superman's bench pressing feat straight down on it's face and takes a giant sh1t on it.

Old Post May 14th, 2013 02:40 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

It's not so much that Superman was able to bench the weight of the Earth, but rather that he was able to do so for five days straight while deprived of solar radiation. It's as much an endurance/durability feat as it is a strength feat.

Old Post May 14th, 2013 02:42 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It's not so much that Superman was able to bench the weight of the Earth, but rather that he was able to do so for five days straight while deprived of solar radiation. It's as much an endurance/durability feat as it is a strength feat.

Superman could likely bench the weight of Jupiter, but there are others that could do this as well. Just saying.

Old Post May 14th, 2013 02:44 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Agreed, as one poster mentioned green skaar's feat of stopping a planet tearing explosion, Hulks strength was on the increase to do that while Supes was being deprived of strength giving sun light, so I still say that Supes feat tops Hulks.

Old Post May 14th, 2013 02:45 AM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Originally posted by Stoic
Superman could likely bench the weight of Jupiter, but there are others that could do this as well. Just saying.
Like who else while being deprived of their energy source and was likely getting weaker?

Old Post May 14th, 2013 02:46 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Again, him lifting the weight in of itself isn't as impressive for how long he did it and under the conditions he did it in.

Old Post May 14th, 2013 02:47 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Stoic
The Hulk's Sakaar saving feat certainly comes to mind as equally as impressive. After all he was able to lift far more than the Earths weight by overpowering the explosion that would have ripped the planet apart.

Hyperion's latest feat comes to mind as well, and in my opinion lays Superman's bench pressing feat straight down on it's face and takes a giant sh1t on it.

Hulk only manipulated the tectonic plates of skaar which were falling apart. In hyperion's care, it was apparently not strength at all as he wasn't touching the planets.

Old Post May 14th, 2013 02:47 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Hulk only manipulated the tectonic plates of skaar which were falling apart. In hyperion's care, it was apparently not strength at all as he wasn't touching the planets.

If it wasn't a strength feat, then what was it exactly? Telekinesis? It literally said he held the worlds apart until they broke:
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/...zps6b4c320d.jpg

I think the intention was clear but that's just me. Either way, it's one ridiculous showing. The incursion points were the contact points for each respective Universe.

Mind you, I'm not saying that Hyperion had to literally be touching the planets. Just like when Steve used the Infinity Gauntlet, he wasn't directly touching the planet, there seems to be some kind of separation between the two Universes:
http://s593.photobucket.com/user/Ma...8e2679.jpg.html

Old Post May 14th, 2013 02:55 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

thumb up

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 14th, 2013 02:57 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

If it wasn't a strength feat, then what was it exactly? Telekinesis? It literally said he held the worlds apart until they broke:
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/...zps6b4c320d.jpg

I think the intention was clear but that's just me. Either way, it's one ridiculous showing. The incursion points were the contact points for each respective Universe.

Mind you, I'm not saying that Hyperion had to literally be touching the planets. Just like when Steve used the Infinity Gauntlet, he wasn't directly touching the planet, there seems to be some kind of separation between the two Universes:
http://s593.photobucket.com/user/Ma...8e2679.jpg.html

Who knows? Hickman indicated its not a pure strength feat either. I'm not denying its ridiculousness but comparing IG not touching planets to hyperion not touching planets is silly. One isn't a strength feat at all and the other is being touted as strength feat.

Old Post May 14th, 2013 03:12 AM
carver9

Good post Rage...it clearly states he HELD the planet's apart which was the center of two universes pushing against each other. One of the best strength fts I've seen in a long time...hell, don't think there is one better.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 14th, 2013 03:17 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Who knows? Hickman indicated its not a pure strength feat either. I'm not denying its ridiculousness but comparing IG not touching planets to hyperion not touching planets is silly. One isn't a strength feat at all and the other is being touted as strength feat.

Where was that said? I've read every issue and the feat wasn't even mentioned again.

Why wouldn't it be touted as a strength feat? Strength is his primary offensive power and that's seemed to be what was used. My point is that there seems to be some kind of unseen barrier between incursion points that can be pushed on apparently. Maybe he could interact with it physically through some kind of energy manipulation.

Me personally? I think this is just unnecessary analysis on both our parts. It says he held the worlds apart until they broke, very simple.

Old Post May 14th, 2013 03:18 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Where was that said? I've read every issue and the feat wasn't even mentioned again.

Why wouldn't it be touted as a strength feat? Strength is his primary offensive power and that's seemed to be what was used. My point is that there seems to be some kind of unseen barrier between incursion points that can be pushed on apparently. Maybe he could interact with it physically through some kind of energy manipulation.

Me personally? I think this is just unnecessary analysis on both our parts. It says he held the worlds apart until they broke, very simple.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...22#post14173400

He said that on CBR too.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll see who's right.

Old Post May 14th, 2013 03:31 AM