KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Ahsoka Tano Digital Cards -- What Do They Mean?

Ahsoka Tano Digital Cards -- What Do They Mean?
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Ahsoka Tano Digital Cards -- What Do They Mean?

Filoni has said these cards are metaphorical, and that they start to explain what happened to Ahsoka. What are your guys' interpretation of these cards?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 09:32 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Good thread. thumb up

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 09:42 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Good thread. thumb up
Thank you.

Do you have any theories regarding them?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 09:52 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Interesting thing I read: https://thewookieegunner.com/2016/0...al-cards-topps/

“These are the most revealing,” Filoni said, referring to the card above and below. “The most interesting, I think, because it starts to get into really these kind of psychological, subconsciousness–what is this journey into the underworld mean. It’s obviously Ahsoka in that doorway. What does that mean?”

Unfortunately, I have no idea what it means! In the image, we do see Ahsoka enter the ruins of the temple. Out in front of her is a winding “path”, and in the background, we see the convor waiting for her. Since Filoni mentioned “underworld”, my mind immediately went to Greek mythology. I remember basic details here and there, but the convor reminded me of Charon, the ferryman of Hades who carried souls across rivers, transporting them from the world of the living to the world of the dead.

Ahsoka steps into the water. I don’t recall water being present around or inside the Sith Temple, so where did it come from? Maybe the explosion cracked open some underground sources of water. Then again, this is supposed to be a metaphor of sorts, as Filoni had mentioned during the panel.

Ahsoka’s walking through the water and following the convor, who’s essentially guiding her away from the world of the living.

Ahsoka emerges from the water and starts to climb up a spiral staircase that’s taking her up to a different part of the Temple.

Ahsoka reaches her destination, but where is she? She has her left foot forward as if she’s walking into a room. A room with a circle-shaped doorway that’s lined with wolves! We all know Dave Filoni loves wolves. We’ve even seen them on the walls of Lothal’s Jedi Temple, specifically in the episode “Shroud of Darkness”.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 09:59 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Nyice, that's kinda how I read it tbh. Ahsoka descending into the underworld, the owl (which I assume to be a symbol of death) almost looks like a cloaked figured when perched on that pillar (that's what I first thought it was tbh).

The swirly line also kinda looks like the a river/river Styx.

Don't know what to make of her reemerging though then going up those steps. Surely if before she's descending into the underworld now she's reemerging from it? I'm also at a loss as to how to intepret the wolves, other than as Dave's favourite animal lol.

EDIT: I'm also guessing that the first few panels are supposed to represent Anakin acknowledging Ahsoka then turning away from her, before becoming Vader again.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 10:17 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I need to show this to my English teacher, LOL.

So, do you think the explosion killed her, or...? She's alive when she walks into the temple again, but on her way to death? I'm kind of confused with it all.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 10:27 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Just Googled the Styx river and saw an image that's sort of reminiscent to the opening Ahsoka walks into in the final scene:

Pretty interesting.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 10:29 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

YO! I just researched the significance of wolves in Greek mythology, and apparently, the mother****er who carried souls or whatever across the Styx river (Charon) to the underworld wore wolf ears! Also, the goddess of death wore three wolf heads.

Source: http://www.wolfcountry.net/informat...kwolfmyths.html

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 10:38 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Damn that's interesting.

Also thinking it over the River Styx is something to be crossed to enter the underworld, so Ahsoka emerging from the waters on the other end could represent her making that crossing.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 03:05 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by |King Joker|
I need to show this to my English teacher, LOL.

So, do you think the explosion killed her, or...? She's alive when she walks into the temple again, but on her way to death? I'm kind of confused with it all.
I think either the explosion or Vader must have killed her tbh, she doesn't look injured in these scenes.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2016 03:07 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Damn that's interesting.

Also thinking it over the River Styx is something to be crossed to enter the underworld, so Ahsoka emerging from the waters on the other end could represent her making that crossing.
Then I wonder what that final door after she gets out of the river represents. Hmm.

I think either the explosion or Vader must have killed her tbh, she doesn't look injured in these scenes.
Hopefully she survived the explosion and then Vader killed her. I want that 10/10 Ahsoka barrier feat. smile

Old Post Jul 18th, 2016 01:34 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 06:27 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Very interesting.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 06:08 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

have no clue why they left her fate ambiguous

Old Post Jan 20th, 2017 04:11 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I bet Ahsoka will appear when Ezra enters the sanctuary with the mural of the Ones on it. What we’ve seen in Season 4, we’ve seen in the cards (the owl, wolves, etc).

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 12:00 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

And defeat Sheev yeah.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 12:13 AM
Darth Abonis

Wow. This is awesome and probably means one of my predictions is wrong for sure. My Rebels predictions are on the Lit forum if you’re interested in reading them

Old Post Feb 17th, 2018 08:07 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote