KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Ironman 3

Ironman 3
Started by: Sixth_Winged

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sixth_Winged

Ironman 3

Anyone yet watched it? I thought the twists were pretty surprising (warning: contains spoilers)

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: -Mandarin(ben kingsley) was a fraud. A paid actor to serve as face for the terrorist act. Never saw that one coming and I still find it hilarious to remember Tony first seeing him face to face.

-Ironman wiped out his armory and having surgery to remove the shrapnel lodged on his heart thereby not relying on that artificial heart anymore and quiting as IM.

-The ending cutscene was bad and pointless

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 07:33 PM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Watching it tomorrow. So not gonna read your spoilers. But what would you rate it out of 10?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 07:58 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Re: Ironman 3

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Anyone yet watched it? I thought the twists were pretty surprising (warning: contains spoilers)

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:

-Ironman wiped out his armory and having surgery to remove the shrapnel lodged on his heart thereby not relying on that artificial heart anymore and quiting as IM.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: He didn't quit as IM when it clearly says "Tony Stark will be back"

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 04:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sixth_Winged

Originally posted by Kazenji
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: He didn't quit as IM when it clearly says "Tony Stark will be back"

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: yeah I assumed he'll be back to but I've read somewhere on the net even Downy jr. isn't sure of IM's future. Plus it'd be really interesting if we get an ironman that doesn't have that chest gadget on him

Oh and as far as I'd rate it, probably 8/10. Easily the most plot-intensive ironman ever. The only downside is the post credit scene.

Last edited by Sixth_Winged on Apr 25th, 2013 at 06:25 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 06:21 AM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Not like he needs that chest gadget to use a suit

he's been doing that for a while now with the current comics.

Last edited by Kazenji on Apr 25th, 2013 at 07:38 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 07:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sixth_Winged

Not like he needs that chest gadget to use a suit

he's been doing that for a while now with the current comics.

You might want to put some tags one there bro. Some countries havent still got it yet. Anyway yeah I know that but the thing just seemed so appropriate for his suit's theme.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 07:37 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Whoops

Fixed it up.

Last edited by Kazenji on Apr 25th, 2013 at 07:44 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 07:39 AM
Sixth_Winged

Anyway I hope to God the avengers still retain the original cast plus the new ones. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I feel the Extremis process was wasted on Pepper. Was kinda hoping the recipient would be tony to fight fire with fire, instead we got an amped one-off version of pepper. The least they could have done was let it be with pepper for longer time.

The house party protocol was awesome though

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 08:22 AM
Sixth_Winged

My only advice to people whos gonna watch it, dont stay up for the post ending scene. 100% chance of dissapointment or your money back guarantee.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 08:26 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: That system Stark was using with the headset to control the armour, I remember seeing that in the Ultimate universe

also what did you think of that kid?..........i know some people dislike kids in movies because they're usually annoying, But i found the one that was in this movie was okay

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 08:34 AM
Sixth_Winged

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: That system Stark was using with the headset to control the armour, I remember seeing that in the Ultimate universe

also what did you think of that kid?..........i know some people dislike kids in movies because they're usually annoying, But i found the one that was in this movie was okay

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Yeah I think he's ok. They didn't blew too much of the screen time on his interaction with Stark and he's not annoying.

The fight scenes were ok, the villain's end came a bit out of nowhere but overall it was great. They burned so much mark <insert number> here, the next future Ironman costume versions will be insane. Starting mark 42 something i think. I wish they revive some of them specially that heavy lifting unit

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 11:38 AM
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Just got back from seeing it and it was pretty damn awesome.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I didn't see the Mandarin being an actor thing coming, but that might be because as a comic book fan I was expecting Mandarin to be the big bad he is in the comics, and a throwdown between him and Tony. That being said, it was a pretty interesting move and made Killian an important figure rather than putting him in a similar role that Sam Rockwell played in IM2.

Other thoughts-
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The non armour action scenes were really good, and I can see what they meant with all the talk of back to basics Tony in interviews and stuff.
House Party was great.
Rhodes and Pepper both had moments to shine, which was cool.

But yeah post credits scene was disappointing, was hoping for a Pym introduction

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 04:24 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

So what did you guys think of the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Mandarin twist?

I've heard it was a waste of Kingsley's talents and the Mandarin character as a whole. And, while I haven't seen the movie yet, I gotta agree.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 07:01 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sixth_Winged

It is but he and the twist was hilarious so it's forgiven.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 07:09 PM
Darth Thor

My only advice to people whos gonna watch it, dont stay up for the post ending scene. 100% chance of dissapointment or your money back guarantee.

I.. actually liked it.. But probably because I read this comment of yours first so had Zero expectations.

But what would have made it 10 times better in my book would have been if [SPOILER - highlight to read]: it was Hulk sitting there and not Banner

Originally posted by ares834
So what did you guys think of the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Mandarin twist?

I've heard it was a waste of Kingsley's talents and the Mandarin character as a whole. And, while I haven't seen the movie yet, I gotta agree.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Well the IM movies haven't exactly been faithful to his comic villains, so wasn't expecting the Actual comic book Mandarin tbh.

But I didn't actually mind the twist. My only complaint is that it was made too "funny." It wasn't something that should be made funny Imo.

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
Rhodes and Pepper both had moments to shine, which was cool.

[spoiler] They could have given Iron Patriot some proper action. Especially while IM was out of commission for such a big portion of the movie. [spoiler]

Still movie was cool. My rating 7.5/10.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Apr 25th, 2013 at 09:12 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 09:06 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Re: Re: Ironman 3

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Well what I noticed is they said Tony Stark will return. Not Iron Man will return. As far as I know Downey's contract is up. But I'm sure he and IM will be back.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 09:13 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by DARTH POWER

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Well the IM movies haven't exactly been faithful to his comic villains, so wasn't expecting the Actual comic book Mandarin tbh.

Well they have somewhat been faithful, More with the first movie with Iron Monger.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 06:22 AM
Darth Thor

Well they have somewhat been faithful, More with the first movie with Iron Monger.

Yeah he was done right.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 09:26 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Don't know why people are saying this. It was funny. And in character.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 04:23 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

This movie was up there with Green Lantern......the whole plot was lame..
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Mandarin being fake was meh....Tony getting whooped in his own house and having malfunctions with his suit for no reasons ...lame....also why did it take him a shit load of time to realise oh wait i have like 60 armors in the basement yet I want to recharge my total crappy armor,the thermo men taking on the suits and one shoting theme was terrible,Pepper whoopin Killian was horrible......
Only positive thing about the film is that it was funny.....

Bankai.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 04:39 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote