KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » I HATE it when....

I HATE it when....
Started by: TheHumanTorch04

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheHumanTorch04

Miffed I HATE it when....

Artist give Venom a HUGE body. And this teeny weenie little head. Like in the pic attacted.
It drives the heck out of me! He looks so...wierd and un-even, like his head shrunk or something! Anyone ESLSE feel the same way?

Attachment: nov-run.jpg
This has been downloaded 137 time(s).

Last edited by TheHumanTorch04 on Apr 27th, 2005 at 05:01 AM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 04:59 AM
TheHumanTorch04 is currently offline Click here to Send TheHumanTorch04 a Private Message Find more posts by TheHumanTorch04 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomCarnage21
Ho Yeah!

I hate any character design (cept the Hulk) where the character is 7 feet tall and 800 lbs and when they clearly aren't supposed to be (Venom). That bugs me even more.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 06:46 PM
VenomCarnage21 is currently offline Click here to Send VenomCarnage21 a Private Message Find more posts by VenomCarnage21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Personally i like it when characters like Jugs and the Hulk look huge and Bulky... I think Superheroes should be Super Big cuz if they have Super Powers they should have Super Bodies,,, how weird would it look seeing a skinny Venom lifting a car. what i dont agree with are the characters that dont hae Superstrength abilities looking like the Hulk thats just Dumb.

By: Juk

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 08:40 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

quote: (post)
Originally posted by VenomCarnage21
I hate any character design (cept the Hulk) where the character is 7 feet tall and 800 lbs and when they clearly aren't supposed to be (Venom). That bugs me even more.

I agree but they do it a lot... (Wolverine) they guy is like 5 feet tall buy they draw him like he is way taller. They head thing can be annoying with a massive frame and way smaller heck and head. I guess its the current art style.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 08:47 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Yea i know what you mean but how cool does Juggerrnaut look with no neck Huge head and massive arms... yea venoms head could be a little bigger, and Wolverine is 5'3 lol

By: Juk

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 08:51 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Venom is supposed to look gigantic, look at carnage, he's skinny as hell. It's part of the character.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 01:11 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

actually when McFarlane introduced Venom, wasn't he just a pumped up version of Spidey? He wasn't THAT much bigger...he was Brock in a alien suit. Brock was bigger than Peter and that's why Venom was slightly bigger. He also looked more...creepy....less monstrous. He was pretty much jet black with those pale-moon eyes and sadistic smile. The snake-like tongue only started to come out in the later appearances to make him more alien-like, and less of a creepy boogeyman.

I agree with the tiny head thing..it's a newer artist rendition. To me, if they had stuck with Venom the way he originally looked, he'd look more menacing....and less cartoonish.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 04:07 AM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SpyCspider
actually when McFarlane introduced Venom, wasn't he just a pumped up version of Spidey? He wasn't THAT much bigger...he was Brock in a alien suit. Brock was bigger than Peter and that's why Venom was slightly bigger. He also looked more...creepy....less monstrous. He was pretty much jet black with those pale-moon eyes and sadistic smile. The snake-like tongue only started to come out in the later appearances to make him more alien-like, and less of a creepy boogeyman.

I agree with the tiny head thing..it's a newer artist rendition. To me, if they had stuck with Venom the way he originally looked, he'd look more menacing....and less cartoonish.

Even the older comics have him looking slightly dispraportionate, and the way they draw him gigantic is a way to exaggerate him. It gives him a titanic overpowering look.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 04:00 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

Random thought. Does Venom still shoot out symbiote webbing that resembles Spidey's webbing? Cuz I remember when Peter was wearing the suit, he'd shoot out webbing that looked like regular webbing...grey, with twisty strands. Some of the newer art has Venom shooting out blackish blue webbing, looking more "alienish."

Old Post May 1st, 2005 04:42 AM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

I think thats because the symbyote likes Brock. It gives him speacial treatment. It hates the hell out of peter

Old Post May 1st, 2005 06:16 PM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHumanTorch04

Miffed Yo! Spidey's Sis

Do you HAVE to cuss so much? mad

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 12:10 AM
TheHumanTorch04 is currently offline Click here to Send TheHumanTorch04 a Private Message Find more posts by TheHumanTorch04 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Yes. Yes,I do. I'm a girl Eninem
(Next to Peter is the hotest)

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 02:02 AM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

It all depends on the artist, but I think this is a new art style they are trying out. I think the smaller the head is suppose to make the frame look bigger?

Old Post May 4th, 2005 06:51 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

It doesnt really matter they probly just want to insult eddies intelligence which is bull

Old Post May 5th, 2005 12:58 AM
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

God it was hard not to curse there

Old Post May 5th, 2005 12:58 AM
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Some artisits make the characters look ridiculous.

Check out Cho's version of Black Cat in Marvel Knights.Her breasts are bigger than her head.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 01:04 AM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

LOL laughing

Old Post May 5th, 2005 01:51 AM
doctorstrongbad

Bad art can ruin any comic book.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2013 02:54 PM