KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Iron Fail

Iron Fail
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Iron Fail

OK, I think it needs its own thread.

Iron Man 1 was a brilliant movie that I enjoyed re-watching quite a few times. Cannot say the same about parts 2 and 3. And now it looks like there won't be any future IM movies.

How could they fail so miserably...?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 09:55 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Re: Iron Fail

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
OK, I think it needs its own thread.

Iron Man 1 was a brilliant movie that I enjoyed re-watching quite a few times. Cannot say the same about parts 2 and 3.

thumb up

IM1 is definitely in my top 5 favorite superhero movies of all time. Absolutely love that movie.

Then IM2 was a big let down and IM3 I just hate with a passion.

And now it looks like there won't be any future IM movies.

How could they fail so miserably...?

It's the Transformers thing. The first one was so great, and because IM had quickly become the most popular of the Avengers, they just wanted to cash in the sequels asap.

They were a bit lazy with Thor:TDW as well.

But compare those sequels to Captain America, who wasn't the most popular after CA1 and TA1. So they really made the effort with his sequel, and it really paid off.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 11:03 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: Re: Iron Fail

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
thumb up

IM1 is definitely in my top 5 favorite superhero movies of all time. Absolutely love that movie.

Then IM2 was a big let down and IM3 I just hate with a passion.

100% agreed. IM2 was... what's the word? Average, mediocre? And the less said about the part directed by Black, the better.

It's the Transformers thing. The first one was so great, and because IM had quickly become the most popular of the Avengers, they just wanted to cash in the sequels asap.

And here we don't agree, lol. I wasn't impressed by Transformers 1. Maybe I'm just not a fan. It bored the hell out of me. Haven't seen the sequels.

They were a bit lazy with Thor:TDW as well.

I genuinely enjoyed both Thors. TDW possibly to a greater extent, even.

But compare those sequels to Captain America, who wasn't the most popular after CA1 and TA1. So they really made the effort with his sequel, and it really paid off.

Yeah, Russo brothers have done an incredible job.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 12:08 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Marvel wanted Iron Man 2 to be a setup for Avengers, so that's why it was a letdown. Jon Favreau was originally going to use the Mandarin as the villain instead of Whiplash.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 12:40 PM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Re: Re: Re: Iron Fail

And here we don't agree, lol. I wasn't impressed by Transformers 1. Maybe I'm just not a fan. It bored the hell out of me. Haven't seen the sequels.

Well doesn't matter if you didn't enjoy it. Point being the first one was generally liked, then the sequels all made loads of money despite most people generally hating them.

I genuinely enjoyed both Thors. TDW possibly to a greater extent, even.

It's good you enjoyed the second. I just found it to be Meh, but I really enjoyed the first one. Still I'm pretty sure TDW failed to excite people to see more Thor the way Thor 1 and Avengers did. Or the way Cap2 did for Cap.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 12:48 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: Re: Re: Re: Iron Fail

Well doesn't matter if you didn't enjoy it. Point being the first one was generally liked, then the sequels all made loads of money despite most people generally hating them.

I see, I see.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 12:53 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

I agree, the Iron man series as a whole, especially after reading his run, leaves ALOT to be desired. The first Iron man was great, but even as good as it was, the final fight was shit and that always craps on a good movie.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 02:35 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I liked the final fight with Iron Monger.

It was much better than fighting cannon fodder drones and "Crimson Whiplash" at the end of IM2. Or cannon fodder extremis mutates in IM3.

Btw, I'll never understand how can you make a movie partially based on Warren Ellis' work and screw up literally everything.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 03:19 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

I was underwhelmed. That was the one big fight in the whole movie and tony got pretty much phucked up until pepper showed up. It should have been a longer fight imo. Didnt need a plot device to beat Stane either coulda just used that anti tank missile from earlier lol

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 05:37 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Iron Man 3 wasn't that bad of a movie. For me, all they had to do was get rid of the lame humor (Not talking about Mandarin) and it would have been so much better.

The same with the Thor movies. I'm not that hard of a sell with comedy, but I found myself rolling my eyes. Take away or replace it with BETTER humor and it becomes 10x better in my eyes.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 07:15 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Golgo13
Iron Man 3 wasn't that bad of a movie. For me, all they had to do was get rid of the lame humor (Not talking about Mandarin) and it would have been so much better.

But the lame humor (including the Mandarin) is what made up the whole film. There was nothing else to that film.

Take out the lame humor (including the Mandarin) and it was still a very MEH movie at best.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 07:19 PM
Senor Cage

I didn't mind the whole Mandarin thing, though. The humor I didn't like was John Fareu's parts and Tony's interaction with the kid. All pretty dumb. I'm surprised John did so badly on IM 2, he usually knocks it out of the park. Chef, Elf, Made, etc...

All fantastic, hilarious movies,.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 07:24 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

But the lame humor (including the Mandarin) is what made up the whole film. There was nothing else to that film.

Precisely.

(...) Tony's interaction with the kid.

That was the worst. Had to stop the movie during one of those scenes.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 07:58 PM
Darth Thor

I'm surprised John did so badly on IM 2, he usually knocks it out of the park. Chef, Elf, Made, etc...

All fantastic, hilarious movies,.

Wasn't his fault Imo. Sequel was rushed and was more of an advert for Avengers than it was a film onto it's own.

Still I prefer it to IM3, and think Favreau would have brought back his Mojo if they kept him on for the 3rd.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 08:55 PM
Senor Cage

Supposedly, it was Kevin Fiege who interfered.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 08:57 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Keeping Jon for the third would've certainly done less harm than picking Black, that's for sure.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 08:57 PM
Senor Cage

I feel Black's a better director, though.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 09:06 PM
Darth Thor

I feel Black's a better director, though.

Shows not all good directors are suited to doing superhero movies.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 09:17 PM
Senor Cage

Shows not all good directors are suited to doing superhero movies.

That maybe true, but what if it was Marvel's overall direction to fault? Wouldn't be the first time a director has disagreed with them.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 09:27 PM
Darth Thor

That maybe true, but what if it was Marvel's overall direction to fault? Wouldn't be the first time a director has disagreed with them.

With IM3?

Nah. That movie had zero impact on the greater Marvel Universe.

Heck Avengers AOU completely ignored the ending of IM3.

Good Director's with a real passion for the comic book franchise they're working on is what's always needed.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 10:30 PM