KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Character Respect Forum » Carrie White

Carrie White
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Carrie White

(please log in to view the image)
Sissy Spacek as Carietta 'Carrie' White.

It's the quiet ones you gotta look out for.

Such as the case of Carietta N. White. She is a 17-year-old girl with a abusive religious nutter for a mother. High School is just as bad, with Chris Hargenson (Nancy Allen, pre-Robocop) and her clique of girls making Carrie's life hell.

In Stephen King's novel, Carrie is described as 'slightly chunky around the middle, with dark-blond hair that is long and flat, with pimples on her neck, back, and buttocks' In Brian DePalma's film, Carrie is shy, but attractive.

Following an incident with her getting her period late, Carrie's powers of telekinesis begin to manifest. First she shatters the principal's ashtray. Then she causes a kid to fall off his bike.

One of the popular girls, Sue Snell, in a act of remose, asks her boyfriend (and Carrie's dream guy) Tommy Ross to take Carrie to the prom.

However, thanks to Chris and several of her friends sabotaging the vote ballots, Carrie is voted prom queen. Her triumph is short-lived thanks to Chris, her boyfriend Billy Nolan (John Travolta, 30 years younger) and bucket of pigs' blood.

Then all Hell breaks loose as Carrie unleashes her powers on the school.

For sticking it to the popular students (albeit, in an extreme way), Carrie deserves mad respect.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2010 12:02 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good thread, Carrie is one of my faves of all time. Respect.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2010 01:13 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

All Carrie needed was a good man.

Then she could've joined the Xmen sad

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 03:02 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

She wore the whole pig-blood-stripes-look like nobody else since.

"They're all gonna laugh at you..!!! They're all gonna laugh at you!!!"

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 11:12 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL @ Travolta dying in the car crash.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 01:20 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

LOL @ That crazy psycho jesus freak evil ass mother getting a whole cutlery set up her arse...!!!

Respect to Carrie's awesome TK.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 11:30 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

How would you rate the strength of her TK, compared to:

Jean Grey

DP

Firestarter

The"Push" crew?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 07:43 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

More knifey than Jean Grey

More Knifey than Dark Phoenix

More knifey than Firestarter ands almost as flamey

Havent seen that Push movie, but I hear its shite.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:24 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Knifey?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 09:58 PM
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by the ninjak
All Carrie needed was a good man.

Then she could've joined the Xmen sad

She would fit right into the x-man good point! smile

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2011 02:58 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
She would fit right into the x-man good point! smile

Yeah!
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
How would you rate the strength of her TK, compared to:

Jean Grey

DP

Firestarter

The"Push" crew?

First we must look at Carrie.

She could TK and control a whole hall full of teens. With hoses, locks, and tables.
She blew a car up as it ran towards her in a heartbeat and blew it up around her.
Then impaled her mother with cutlery as she brought a whole house down around her.

Jean Grey- Carrie showed dream attack as well. Though Jean should be able to push her force back seeing as though withstood Cyclop's blasts.

DP- No chance in hell- If the movie version of DP wants her dead she's dead.

Fire Starter- She burns her to a crisp. This girl can burn objects from a distance. And she will burn Carrie from the inside out.

Push Crew- They were good. I see Carrie winning if not for the mind controller on the team.

Carrie loses all rounds. But is still a powerful adversary in regards to general versus fights.

Last edited by the ninjak on Oct 29th, 2011 at 07:12 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2011 07:01 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon58

I love this movie, I wish they would STOP remaking it.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2013 09:00 PM
Gideon58 is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon58 a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon58 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Interesting that Carrie could not affect human bodies directly. She dominated by manipulating objects to strike, or whatever, human beings.

Jean Grey, and iirc, the Push people could affect humans directly. Same with Andrew and his Chronicle crew.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2013 03:34 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Nice thread, I actually love the carrie movies. I think she's a pretty strong psychic though, like a girl version of Tetsuo Shima(to a much lower degree though). She can easily lift cars, sink buildings, conjure fire and heat, and has been shown doing many other things that would probably put her at about Jean's level. Probably just a bit weaker though, because Jean could withstand Cyclops's rays.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2014 07:50 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by Mindship
Interesting that Carrie could not affect human bodies directly. She dominated by manipulating objects to strike, or whatever, human beings.

Jean Grey, and iirc, the Push people could affect humans directly. Same with Andrew and his Chronicle crew.

What? Carrie can affect human bodies. She bound her mother to the wall while she impaled her, she nearly killed her teacher by strangling her with her TK, and was able to push the cheerleader girl(can't remember her name) through a house without hurting her just by pushing her hand outward.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2014 07:52 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
What? Carrie can affect human bodies. She bound her mother to the wall while she impaled her, she nearly killed her teacher by strangling her with her TK, and was able to push the cheerleader girl(can't remember her name) through a house without hurting her just by pushing her hand outward.
H'm. It's been a while, since I saw the movie; I may've forgotten some moments (though I think the teacher was strangled with a cord, not directly). In any event, by far mostly what Carrie affected were physical objects to attack people indirectly.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2014 12:59 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

H'm. It's been a while, since I saw the movie; I may've forgotten some moments (though I think the teacher was strangled with a cord, not directly). In any event, by far mostly what Carrie affected were physical objects to attack people indirectly.

It may have been different in the previous movies, but I've never seen any of them. I've just seen the latest remake with the girl from Kick-ass as Carrie, lol. Yeah though, she definitely preferred killing people with other objects. I lol'd at that guy getting killed by the bucket falling on his head though, it was hilarious.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2014 06:49 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
... the latest remake with the girl from Kick-ass as Carrie...
I've never seen the remakes, but this last one has the Kickass actress? I think I should check it out.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2014 08:37 PM
SSJGGogeta

I've never seen the remakes, but this last one has the Kickass actress? I think I should check it out.

Yeah, lol.

Again though, I haven't seen the other ones so I can't compare, but from what I've heard people who have seen the previous remakes say, it's the best one so far. It's definitely worth watching IMO. You would think that Hitgirl wouldn't be a good Carrie, but she actually played the part wonderfully.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2014 03:35 AM