KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Pandora Radio

Pandora Radio
Started by: Tptmanno1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Pandora Radio

Has anyone visited this site? Its just www.pandora.com
Its really cool, based off something called the Music Genome Project, but what the real upshot of it is, you put in an artist or song you like, and then it creates a little "radio station" that plays the music you suggested and then it branches out and picks similar music.
Whats also neat is that you can tell the program if you liked the song it played or not, and that will affect what other songs it will play.
I'm not affiliated with this website at all, its just a cool little way to expose yourself to new music.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2008 09:27 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yeah, i go there quite often. I have several personal stations. It is a great way to find new music. People should take advantage of this site before its shut down or requires you to pay

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 10:49 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

I remember using it a couple of years ago. It was a good idea, just not executed that well. For instance, I made a station named 'Nirvana Radio', I ended up with bands like the Offspring and Extreme as similar bands. Also, somehow Prong always got their way into one of my stations, whether it'd be 'Mastodon Radio' or 'Jeff Buckley Radio'.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 03:03 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

It has worked well for me, as far as suggestions of like sounding bands.

I have a celtic punk station. My search band was dropkick murphys. The bands that Pandora suggested were, The dead pets, Street dogs, Flogging molly, Blood or whisky, great big open sea, rancid and greenday. Aside from greenday, those are the exact bands i would suggest to a fan of the Murphys.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 06:44 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pezmerga
Black Knight

I go to LastFM which is basically the same thing from what has been said of Pandora.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 09:06 PM
Pezmerga is currently offline Click here to Send Pezmerga a Private Message Find more posts by Pezmerga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah I adore LastFm, used Pandora a few times last year. Can't use it now because I'm in the UK.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2008 11:27 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

sad

Thanks to That AC/DC Chick <3

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 12:18 AM
~Wålshy~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Wålshy~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Wålshy~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pezmerga
Black Knight

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wålshy
Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

sad

Use Last FM.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 05:18 AM
Pezmerga is currently offline Click here to Send Pezmerga a Private Message Find more posts by Pezmerga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rotita

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ~Wålshy~
Dear Pandora Visitor,

sad

You have to use a VPN Service, this post can help you to avoid the geo restriction message:
intervpn.com/help/how-to-open-pandora-radio-Outside-the-US.html

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 06:07 PM
Rotita is currently offline Click here to Send Rotita a Private Message Find more posts by Rotita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote