KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Do people really think Superman can hold a Black Hole in his hands?

Do people really think Superman can hold a Black Hole in his hands?
This poll is closed.
Yes 12 75.00%
No 4 25.00%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Do people really think Superman can hold a Black Hole in his hands?
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
golem370

Barf Do people really think Superman can hold a Black Hole in his hands?

The biggest BS story I have ever heard

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 12:25 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

I don't see why he couldn't. It's not like that one feat made such an impact on any storylines any way.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 02:03 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chase el
Man in Red Short Shorts

its not a matter of beleiveing. He did it...

and if your gonna go question whether or not its possible...is it really possible for a man to fly? or have super powers?

"They are good people, Kal-el... They wish to be."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 02:11 PM
chase el is currently offline Click here to Send chase el a Private Message Find more posts by chase el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

A black Hole as far as gravity has the pull of hundreds of suns that is the BS about it.. Superman is not close to that power. Superman would have to fly faster then light to escape it's pull and even then it's not for sured he could do it then...

Black Hole's bend the fabric of space...

Black Hole- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermassive_black_hole

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 02:25 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chase el
Man in Red Short Shorts

The black hole was small. their power also depends on size. and superman has outflown a blackhole before too. he dont mess around

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 02:31 PM
chase el is currently offline Click here to Send chase el a Private Message Find more posts by chase el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

If real human scientists can theoretically create and maintain (teeny-weeny) black holes in their very nonKryptonian machines, certainly the Man 'o Steel can do it, even with less-teeny-weeny holes.

A black hole's (proportionally) immense gravity is has to do with its density in relation to its size, not just absolute mass. Red supergiant stars have tremendous mass but low density, hence they are not black holes. Conversely, if you compress a human being into a small enough radius, you can create a black hole.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 02:46 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Not to mention it wasn't fully released when he grabbed it.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 02:50 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

No.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 02:59 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

I am sorry it's canon bs plot device garbage

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 03:33 PM
Accel

quote: (post)
Originally posted by golem370

Well, duh. So is 95% pf every thing else that happens in a comic. Stuff like this happens all the time in comics, because, well, they're comics.

There's no point in getting worked up over it.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 04:29 PM
GODOFALL1

Guys I keep telling you. Superman is the most overwritten, abused character in the history of "anything" LOL Im sure he could do anything if his writers deemed it so. It's called PIS(Plot Induced Stupidity) Just like Superman is suppose to have 1000 years of martial arts experience, yet he has never done any martial arts in movies or comics. That is why his character is kinda gay. One minute he's hurt by kryptonite, next minute he's immune to it. Plus there's like 6 different Supermen(Prime,Allstar, Post Crisis, Pre Crisis, etc) It's ridiculous.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 04:51 PM
GODOFALL1 is currently offline Click here to Send GODOFALL1 a Private Message Find more posts by GODOFALL1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

If this happened pre-crisis, it's not canon anymore. It goes in the closet with the super-weaving. roll eyes (sarcastic)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 06:08 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Originally posted by chase el
and if your gonna go question whether or not its possible...is it really possible for a man to fly? or have super powers?

Yes, seeing as he's not a man of this world our basic human components would be significantly different than that of his.

"Just as our muscles and skeleton are adapted to earth's gravity … Superman's body must be adapted to the much larger gravity of Krypton,"

"There is some theory that gravity is carried by subatomic particles
that are called gravitons. Gravitons are something we have not
yet detected... theoretically they will travel in waves much like
light waves or electromagnetic waves. If Superman has a way
of generating gravitons within his own body.. assuming
gravitons exist. He would be flying by essentially riding
by waves of gravity in his immediate environment.."

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 06:48 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

No it wasn't. Of course it was a bit exaggerated, but well, we are talking about comics after all.

Superman holding a (tiny) black hole in his hand for a very short time gives us a good idea of his awesome strength.

Hulk can't do such a thing. Martian Manhunter can't do it, Thanos can't do it...

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 07:01 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chase el
Man in Red Short Shorts

superman can do anything

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 07:46 PM
Galvaclaw

quote:
Just like Superman is suppose to have 1000 years of martial arts experience, yet he has never done any martial arts in movies or comics.

Of course he doesn't in the movies. Superman doesn't know martial arts in them. Look in the superman respect thread, there are instances of him using martial arts against opponents.

quote:
One minute he's hurt by kryptonite, next minute he's immune to it

Only if you read his comics out of order. Superman has steadily been gaining resistance to Kryptonite over the last few years. It's not like one issue it drops him and the next it doesn't.

Is it so hard to except this feat? Even I can think of a pseudo scientific answer. Using his ability to manipulate Gravitons, Superman focuses his solar reserves into cancelling out the Black holes gravity. See? That makes sense in a comic booky way.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 07:48 PM
Galvaclaw is currently offline Click here to Send Galvaclaw a Private Message Find more posts by Galvaclaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

I agree, good one.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 08:02 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chase el
Man in Red Short Shorts

Originally posted by chase el
superman can do anything

smile

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 10:50 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Like it or not it happend. Superman held a mini-black hole from releasing in his hands. Anyways here is the scan for anybody who hasn't seen it yet.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...ckholeJLA77.jpg

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 12:53 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Re: Do people really think Superman can hold a Black Hole in his hands?

The biggest BS story I have ever heard

No friend. That would be Hulk overcoming matter and anti-matter.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 12:54 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote