KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Stupid AOTC plot holes

Stupid AOTC plot holes
Started by: Fortitude

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fortitude
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stupid AOTC plot holes

Hi! I'm new here. Just to start a new thread, I'm going to make a list of AOTC plot holes that are...well, stupid. Granted, I'm not one of those Prequel haters that will bash it for being the worst thing since battlefield earth, but recently rewatching these movies and the review from RedMediaLetta inspired me.

AOTC PLOT HOLES.

1. Why didn't Padme's security detect the bomb that was so blatantly planted there? Or was it a missile? Either way, Zam clearly saw Padme survive, and knew that she used a decoy, implying that she was overseeing the attempt. If so, then why didn't she just shoot Padme when she was standing over the body of the decoy and mourning? Furthermore, why such a small missile? Why not just launch a thermonuclear weapon from orbit and blow up the entire structure?

2. Why was Padme's decoy apologizing for failing her? Didn't she do her job like she was supposed to, and gave her life doing so?

3. If people are trying to kill Padme, why is she sitting in a building with clear windows open to trillions of people?

4. Why did Padme sleep next to the window? She wants to use herself as bait, but clearly wants to live too. She survived only because Zam was an idiot and decided to send slow moving bugs through a window instead of just parking her speeder near Padme's apartment and shooting her dead.

5. Why did R2 scan every place except for the windows, the only plausible entrance?

6. How did Obi Wan know that she went in there to run, not to hide?

7. Why would Jango Fett get hired to do something, only to hire someone else to do it?

8. If Obi Wan and Anakin were able to somehow locate Zam's speeder in a sky of billions of them, why couldn't they use this to track down Jango Fett, who was in a rocket pack that probably had a limited range?

9. Why did Jango Fett use a traceable poison dart instead of just a blaster?

10. If Dextor is so knowledgable he knows that the entire Jedi Archive does not, why is he running a small bar?

11. If Kamino was deleted from the Jedi Archives, why didn't Obi Wan just go to the holonet?

12. Ok, so Jango Fett was the template for the clone army; the Jedi know this. Jango Fett was also contracted by the seperatists; the Jedi know this. So the Clone Army was made by a seperatists…to fight seperatists? And they never notice this?

13. Why does Padme have no problem with Anakin committing mass genocide?

14. Why didn’t Obi Wan’s starfighter accelerate during the chase scene? Why did it move so slowly when we know that Star Wars starfighters can move at extremely fast speeds; notice how the X wings circumnavigated Yavin, a gas giant, within minutes?

15. If the LAAT is out of rockets, shoot Dooku down with freaking lasers!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 12:38 PM
Click here to Send Fortitude a Private Message Find more posts by Fortitude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

thumb up

quote:

Didn't they want the Jedi to trace the assassin back to Kamino so they could get the Clone army?

No, wait, thats not it, Palpatine genuinely wanted her to die.

Shits and giggles I guess.

quote:
10. If Dextor is so knowledgable he knows that the entire Jedi Archive does not, why is he running a small bar?

He's a spy?

quote:
11. If Kamino was deleted from the Jedi Archives, why didn't Obi Wan just go to the holonet?

Clearly Count Dooku hacked the internets. ALL OF THE INTERNETS!

quote:
12. Ok, so Jango Fett was the template for the clone army; the Jedi know this. Jango Fett was also contracted by the seperatists; the Jedi know this. So the Clone Army was made by a seperatists…to fight seperatists? And they never notice this?

I get the feeling they do, theres just nothing they can do about it.

Though really the answer to all of these is simply bad writing.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 12:49 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
No, wait, thats not it, Palpatine genuinely wanted her to die.

And by her, I mean Padme. She was never meant to survive the explosion, and so there woud be no dart for them to trace in the first place.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 01:17 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
N.
Though really the answer to all of these is simply bad writing.

No, that would be the answer to the Dark Knight's narrative issues.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 10:20 PM
Click here to Send RagingBoner a Private Message Find more posts by RagingBoner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by RagingBoner
You're antagonist powers have doubled since the last time you logged in, Count.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 12:24 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fortitude
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't insult the Dark Knight. The Dark Knight is awesome.

So are the prequels, until you examine them more deeply and realize that they have more plot holes than you can shake a lightsaber at.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 12:33 AM
Click here to Send Fortitude a Private Message Find more posts by Fortitude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lucien
You're antagonist powers have doubled since the last time you logged in, Count.

Oh yeah, well your fail powers have tripled.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 12:34 AM
Click here to Send RagingBoner a Private Message Find more posts by RagingBoner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

no expression

There are none.

You're just butthurt I'm kicking your ass in our private message debate.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jun 17th, 2011 at 03:57 AM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 03:52 AM
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

N.
no expression

There are none.

I can only conclude that the world and all within it looks radically different when peeked from the snug confines of Christopher Nolan's ass crack.

hehehe

no expression

quote:
N.
You're just butthurt I'm kicking your ass in our private message debate.

That debate began several minutes after the post you quoted began.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 04:33 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I can only conclude that the world and all within it looks radically different when peeked from the snug confines of Christopher Nolan's ass crack.

hehehe

no expression

To claim The Dark Knight has more bad writing in it than AOTC requires a level of fanboyism so vast that it borders on frothing lunacy and renders anything you say completely invalid. I Dare you to justify some of the plot holes listed here.

quote:
That debate began several minutes after the post you quoted began.

No it didn't. no expression

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 05:01 AM
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

N.
To claim The Dark Knight has more bad writing in it than AOTC requires a level of fanboyism so vast that it borders on frothing lunacy and renders anything you say completely invalid.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Still struggling to successfully argue the Dark Knight's objective superiority? Your conflict amuses me.

quote:
N.
I Dare you to justify some of the plot holes listed here.

o noez not ze dreaded dare

quote:
N.
No it didn't. no expression

Yes, it did. You didn't reply to my PM argument until 10 minutes after that post was made; the discussion was going on before, but the debate didn't begin until then. Ergo, I logically had no reason to be butthurt.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: See how that works? It's almost like... a magic trick. Your point? It's gone!

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 05:11 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Still struggling to successfully argue the Dark Knight's objective superiority? Your conflict amuses me.

You think AOTC is superior to TDK?

What happened to you Gideon? you used to be cool....

quote:
o noez not ze dreaded dare

I will stretch to a double dare if needs be.

quote:
[quote]Yes, it did. You didn't reply to my PM argument until 10 minutes after that post was made; the discussion was going on before, but the debate didn't begin until then. Ergo, I logically had no reason to be butthurt.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: See how that works? It's almost like... a magic trick. Your point? It's gone!

The PM debate is simply a continuation of the discussion in your thread, so it undoubtably counts. Theres a reason you never attempted to answer me in the actual thread.

Cuz you're a chicken wuss.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 05:28 AM
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

N.
You think AOTC is superior to TDK?

I never said that.

quote:
N.
What happened to you Gideon? you used to be cool....

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I wear a tie now and it oppresses my soul.

quote:
N.
I will stretch to a double dare if needs be.

u woodent!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I have protection against such feeble assaults.

quote:
N.
The PM debate is simply a continuation of the discussion in your thread, so it undoubtably counts.

Not when you identified and qualified the debate as the "private message debate". Our discussion in the thread didn't occur via PM, it occurred on the thread. Our PM debate began, according to my Inbox, at 7:44pm.

Victory is mine.

quote:
N.
Theres a reason you never attempted to answer me in the actual thread.

Correct.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I don't have ze book on hand.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 05:32 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I never said that.

You implied it:

'No, that would be the answer to the Dark Knight's narrative issues.'

Saying The Dark knight suffers from bad writing and AOTC doesn't certainly indicates which you believe to be superior.

quote:
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I wear a tie now and it oppresses my soul.

Monster.

quote:
u woodent!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I have protection against such feeble assaults.

I took Epic Spell Penetration at level 20. Your defences are nothing to me.

quote:
Not when you identified and qualified the debate as the "private message debate". Our discussion in the thread didn't occur via PM, it occurred on the thread. Our PM debate began, according to my Inbox, at 7:44pm.

Victory is mine.

I termed it as such merely becuase that was the format in which it was currently taking place. Again you take casual sentence wording much too seriously.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 06:00 AM
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

N.
You implied it:

'No, that would be the answer to the Dark Knight's narrative issues.'

Saying The Dark knight suffers from bad writing and AOTC doesn't certainly indicates which you believe to be superior.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Interesting that you see fit to lecture me on inflating the importance of 'casual word choice' and yet you conclude I find one movie superior to another because of an implication? lawlz

There are multiple elements to a story, writing is simply one and even it can be divided into dialogue and plot, perhaps more. There are aspects of Attack of the Clones' writing that I find superior to the Dark Knight's, but not all. (Dialogue, for example, is overwhelmingly in favor of Nolan's work.)

quote:
N.
Monster.

Did you just go all Lady Gaga on me?

quote:
N.
I took Epic Spell Penetration at level 20. Your defences are nothing to me.

Penetration? Giggity

quote:
N.
I termed it as such merely becuase that was the format in which it was currently taking place. Again you take casual sentence wording much too seriously.

ur mom

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 06:05 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Interesting that you see fit to lecture me on inflating the importance of 'casual word choice' and yet you conclude I find one movie superior to another because of an implication? lawlz

And yet it is an undefeatable point, seeing as if you confront it you are confronting your own argument at the same time.

I wieenz. wink

quote:
There are multiple elements to a story, writing is simply one and even it can be divided into dialogue and plot, perhaps more. There are aspects of Attack of the Clones' writing that I find superior to the Dark Knight's, but not all. (Dialogue, for example, is overwhelmingly in favor of Nolan's work.)

Name one aspect thats better. no expression

quote:
Did you just go all Lady Gaga on me?

This is a bad romance.

quote:
Penetration? Giggity

roll eyes (sarcastic) you're so predictable.

quote:
ur mom

u bastard

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 04:51 PM
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

N.
And yet it is an undefeatable point, seeing as if you confront it you are confronting your own argument at the same time.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: If this is what you need to tell yourself in order to avoid crying hard enough to smear your mascara or cut yourself even more deeply and risk staining that precious Joker shirt of yours, be my guest. Indulge in all of the double standards you like; it pleases me that I have to drive you to such desperate lengths and reaffirms my 'Merican superiority.

quote:

nevar

quote:
N.
Name one aspect thats better. no expression

I find overall story to be better. A looming war, a doomed romance, the decay of democracy and rising dictatorship.

quote:
N.
This is a bad romance.

Agreed, I never found the relationship between Harvey and Rachel to be especially compelling.

quote:
N.
roll eyes (sarcastic) you're so predictable.

Ooh, a little fight in you. I like that.

quote:
N.
u bastard

How did you know my mother's nickname for me? no expression

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 06:31 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

up Shut.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 07:09 PM
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

u no

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 07:21 PM
Darth Angel

Re: Stupid AOTC plot holes

Originally posted by Fortitude
Hi! I'm new here. Just to start a new thread, I'm going to make a list of AOTC plot holes that are...well, stupid. Granted, I'm not one of those Prequel haters that will bash it for being the worst thing since battlefield earth, but recently rewatching these movies and the review from RedMediaLetta inspired me.

AOTC PLOT HOLES.

1. Why didn't Padme's security detect the bomb that was so blatantly planted there? Or was it a missile? Either way, Zam clearly saw Padme survive, and knew that she used a decoy, implying that she was overseeing the attempt. If so, then why didn't she just shoot Padme when she was standing over the body of the decoy and mourning? Furthermore, why such a small missile? Why not just launch a thermonuclear weapon from orbit and blow up the entire structure?

2. Why was Padme's decoy apologizing for failing her? Didn't she do her job like she was supposed to, and gave her life doing so?

3. If people are trying to kill Padme, why is she sitting in a building with clear windows open to trillions of people?

4. Why did Padme sleep next to the window? She wants to use herself as bait, but clearly wants to live too. She survived only because Zam was an idiot and decided to send slow moving bugs through a window instead of just parking her speeder near Padme's apartment and shooting her dead.

5. Why did R2 scan every place except for the windows, the only plausible entrance?

6. How did Obi Wan know that she went in there to run, not to hide?

7. Why would Jango Fett get hired to do something, only to hire someone else to do it?

8. If Obi Wan and Anakin were able to somehow locate Zam's speeder in a sky of billions of them, why couldn't they use this to track down Jango Fett, who was in a rocket pack that probably had a limited range?

13. Why does Padme have no problem with Anakin committing mass genocide?

14. Why didn’t Obi Wan’s starfighter accelerate during the chase scene? Why did it move so slowly when we know that Star Wars starfighters can move at extremely fast speeds; notice how the X wings circumnavigated Yavin, a gas giant, within minutes?

15. If the LAAT is out of rockets, shoot Dooku down with freaking lasers!

Why don't you just post Mr. Plinket AOTC's review? It would be easier.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 07:28 PM
Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote