KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » i have discovered a vergence in the force

i have discovered a vergence in the force
Started by: bigsef2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bigsef2

i have discovered a vergence in the force

in TPM, QGJ said something along those lines. To which, Mace Windu replied, "centered around a person?"

Ushgarak pointed out in another thread that we dont really know what a vergence is. What is everyones thoughts? The word vergence basically means a point where something focuses. obviously, we can see why that would apply to anakin, or any jedi for that matter. they are stong in the force, hence there is a vergence of the force around that person. i would speculate that mace's comment, "centered around a person?" implies that a vergence can be around objects as well. this could possibly explain why the cave on dagobah is strong with the dark side. it wouldnt be necessary for a sith to have died there, it simply would be a location where the dark side of the force was very strong. hence, yoda hid there to elude the emperor during the jedi perge. as to how obi-wan remained hidden, that is open to even more speculation...

Old Post Jan 7th, 2002 01:32 AM
Click here to Send bigsef2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aquarius87
How many miles to babylon

Wow what a interesting theory
But i think a vergence object,can't think because it doesn't have a mind,so how could it choose between dark and light???

Old Post Jan 7th, 2002 10:16 AM
Click here to Send Aquarius87 a Private Message Find more posts by Aquarius87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I don't believe we are meant to read more into the word than it's normal meaning.

A focus, or point of intencity.

Your reasoning looks sound to me.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2002 11:15 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

yeah, the norwegian subtitles says about the same as you point out, RC.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2002 04:54 PM
Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Even if I did spell it wrong... embarrasment

Old Post Jan 7th, 2002 06:32 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aquarius87

Nothing seems to make sense anymore,eveytime i read something its like reading japanese,even though i'm intelligent,nothing seems to be getting through to me lately.
This subject for example,like did any of you understand what i last wrote,hehe smile roll eyes (sarcastic) .
*Dumbass*
I think i might have some kind of short term ADD???

Old Post Jan 8th, 2002 02:50 AM
Click here to Send Aquarius87 a Private Message Find more posts by Aquarius87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef2

the ability to speak does not make one intelligent

Old Post Jan 8th, 2002 05:37 AM
Click here to Send bigsef2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

"short term ADD"? More like long term evil face

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 8th, 2002 05:46 AM
Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aquarius87

Right....

Old Post Jan 8th, 2002 08:00 AM
bigsef2

anyone else have any thoughts on the subject?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2002 08:53 PM
queeq
Chaos

Let it verge.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2002 09:15 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef2

does anyone else have something INTELLIGABLE to say on the subject?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2002 09:25 PM
queeq
Chaos

Verge on.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2002 09:35 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef2

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Old Post Jan 14th, 2002 09:36 PM
yerssot

*in Austin Powers voice*
Ow behave!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2002 09:46 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

Based on Mace's comment, I would say that there can be a vergence in the Force around things other than people.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2002 09:52 PM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef2

in that case, yoda need not kill a sith in the cave on dagobah in order to hide from the emperor. he simply found a place where there was a dark side "vergence" and hid there

Old Post Jan 14th, 2002 11:24 PM
Ratcat

What did Yoda say?

'The Force binds all living things.'

Nuff said.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2002 09:49 AM
bigsef2

Yes, but the rock luke was moving was NOT a living thing. Neither was Lukes X-wing. It all depends on your defination of "binds" but there are PLENTY of living things at any given place, unless your talking about some random point in deep space. the cave on Dagobah has alot of plant and animal life.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2002 04:13 PM
burton1b

Smile Vergence

I believe a vergence is more like a reaction to something else happening in the force. In this case it was something very evil. The force reacted by impregnating Anakin's mother. To create something to balance the evil.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2013 01:02 AM
Click here to Send burton1b a Private Message Find more posts by burton1b Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote