KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Kung-fu mania!!

Kung-fu mania!!
Started by: The Omega

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Omega
Z10N0101

Cool Kung-fu mania!!

I’m a hard-core fan of kung-fu films from Hong-Kong.

But as those of you who are, too, probably know, there’s a LOT of crap out there as well. Are any of you “experts”?
I own
“Iron Monkey”
“Once Upon a Time in China I, II and III”
“The Tai-Chi Master”
“Hero”
“Crouching Tiger, Sleeping Dragon.”
“The Kung-Fu master”
“Revenge of the Kung-Fu Master”

Now, what ELSE should I get? smile

And do any of you know stuff about kf movies from the 1980’s? I’m looking for a movie I saw many many years ago, one of those adventure stories that may not even BE a kf movie. All I remember were some sorcerers flying in dusk on some disks with bands on the sides… ANY on have any clue???

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post May 7th, 2004 02:37 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Great choices! Here are some that I highly recomend:

Master of the Flying Guillotine (1975)
The Drunken Master (1979)
Five Deadly Venoms (1979)
Master with Cracked Fingers (1974)
Riki Oh! The Story of Ricky (1991)

Also any movie made by The Shaw brothers or Golden Harvest studious is a must have for Martial Arts fans.
smile

Old Post May 7th, 2004 02:53 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

(Scribles on notepad)
Much obliged smile

"... Most guys do."

Old Post May 8th, 2004 01:49 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SenshiNaka
Warrior Inside

Ive wanted to buy some good kung fu movies but i really dont know where i can buy them. Can someone give me a link to a site where i can order these movies (at a resonable price) in DVD format?

"And I'm very sad about that. But some fellas are lucky, and some ain't." -Mr. Pink (Reservoir Dogs)

Old Post May 11th, 2004 11:46 PM
SenshiNaka is currently offline Click here to Send SenshiNaka a Private Message Find more posts by SenshiNaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@F1
Tomato Crisps

Mr Vampire
Close Encounters of the spooky kind
Project A
Drunken Master
Prodigal Son
Iron monkey
One Armed Swordsman (Fanatstic Sword play)

I'm sure you will enjoy Sammo Hung movies very funny, and not bad at kung fu for a big guy.
Click:
This site has a lot of kung fu flicks

Old Post May 16th, 2004 03:55 PM
@F1 is currently offline Click here to Send @F1 a Private Message Find more posts by @F1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@F1
Tomato Crisps

I found this site looks cool
Click
kung fu cinema

Old Post May 16th, 2004 04:41 PM
@F1 is currently offline Click here to Send @F1 a Private Message Find more posts by @F1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

I've seen some of Crouching Tiger dubbed in English - but couldn't sit through it all the way.

Old Post May 18th, 2004 10:41 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

There was one which was watchable - with Jet Lee set in Paris where he has to deal with a corrupt police officer.

Old Post May 18th, 2004 10:42 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slinger
Scifigunslinger

Omega, Queen of The Matrix, you should check out 36th Chamber of Shaolin, The Legend 1 and 2, Black Mask, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Guyver 2(you may not like it, but I did), and Drunken Master 2. And you should check out HKFlix.com, they're awesome, and if you have any free time, go to the library and check out a book called Hollywood East, that book is all about Hong Kong movies.

And one last thing, here's a few funny quotes from some old Kung-Fu movies:
"Anyone...who happens to make a mistake...must be prepared...to die 'cause I pay generously." from The Angry Guest
"Chan, you're too arrgant, see? So we're going to have to chop off your wife's arms." from Crippled Avengers, and
"Look, there are two gorillas coming our way! And they know Kung-Fu." from The Shaolin Invincibles

For there shall be no mercy...
For any force that stands...
Blocking this path of his righteousness

Old Post May 19th, 2004 02:50 PM
slinger is currently offline Click here to Send slinger a Private Message Find more posts by slinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Slinger> big grin
Well, the translations from Cantonese to English sometimes DOES sound as if the translators just use an on-line program or something...

It seems I should check out Drunken Master...

Whoever asked where to get the films: I usually visit Ebay or Amazon.com to get my stuff.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post May 20th, 2004 02:21 PM
adeskey

I'm trying to figure out the title of 2 movies but can't remember the eithers title, so does anyone know the names of these? 1:an old kung-fu mania movies where the kung-fu masters couldn't step foot outside their yard, so they would fight them from the tree limbs and on top of the other masters shoulders etc.. 2: this isn't an old kung-fu mania movies but its a kung-fu movie, these guys gamble but the can use some brain power to adjust the dice so they would win...that's pretty much all I can remember...any help would be appreciated.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 01:36 AM
adeskey is currently offline Click here to Send adeskey a Private Message Find more posts by adeskey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AmbientFire

Bride with white hair
Fong Sai Yuk 1 and 2
Flash Point (Absolutely fantastic choreography by Donnie Yen, the fights are unusually explosive even for a HK movie)
The God of Cookery (Stephen Chow, a kung fu comedy but hilarious)
Fight back to school (same guy, also hilarious)
A Chinese odyssey 1 and 2: (Same guy, an absolute HK MUST!)

Old Post Dec 7th, 2012 09:32 AM
AmbientFire is currently offline Click here to Send AmbientFire a Private Message Find more posts by AmbientFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AmbientFire

The only gambling HK movie I can think of is God of Gamblers (1 and 2) they are fantastic HK movies too, though light on the kung fu. He didn't use brain power though, just "incredible gambling skill".

Gorgeous - Jackie Chan with some seriously good kung fu, and a pretty lady.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2012 09:35 AM
AmbientFire is currently offline Click here to Send AmbientFire a Private Message Find more posts by AmbientFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ForNarnia13
Restricted

Account Restricted

@_@

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 12:06 PM
ForNarnia13 is currently offline Click here to Send ForNarnia13 a Private Message Find more posts by ForNarnia13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

The kid with the golden arms
Shaolin vs lama
Shaolin dolemite
Master of the flying guillotine
2 champions of shaolin
Evil cult - (MUST WATCH JET LI FILM)

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 01:33 AM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fallschirmjäger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WanderingDroid
Great choices! Here are some that I highly recomend:

Master of the Flying Guillotine (1975)
The Drunken Master (1979)
Five Deadly Venoms (1979)
Master with Cracked Fingers (1974)
Riki Oh! The Story of Ricky (1991)

Also any movie made by The Shaw brothers or Golden Harvest studious is a must have for Martial Arts fans.
smile

Amen to that, man! When I was around 16 or 17 in the very early 80's, the Shaw Brothers movies played every Saturday on WNEW 5's Drive-In Movie and they showed a lot of the old Shaw stuff.

A few more recommendations:

Return Of The Five Deadly Venoms (aka The Crippled Masters)
Kid With The Golden Arm
Avenging Eagles
Ten Tigers From Kwangtung
Magnificent Ruffians (aka The Destroyers)
The Chinatown Kid
Death Chamber and it's sequel Five Masters Of Death.

Oh yeah, Game Of Death 2. WAY better than the insult to Bruce Lee that Goden Harvest cranked out to cash in on.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 04:13 PM
Fallschirmjäger is currently offline Click here to Send Fallschirmjäger a Private Message Find more posts by Fallschirmjäger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Shogun Assassin

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 12:20 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fallschirmjäger

Shaolin vs. Ninja (Gordon Liu vs. Yasuaki Kurata)

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 03:25 AM
Fallschirmjäger is currently offline Click here to Send Fallschirmjäger a Private Message Find more posts by Fallschirmjäger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pettyazo

Kung fu Chief

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 11:21 AM
pettyazo is currently offline Click here to Send pettyazo a Private Message Find more posts by pettyazo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

Operation Scorpio
2 of the Road
The Victim
Lighting Kung Fu
The Leg Fighters
Executioner From Shaolin
Fist of the White Lotus
Shaolin Master Killer
Meals on Wheels
Bastard Swordman 1 & 2
Brave Archer or Kung Fu Warlord 1-3, there's a 4 and unofficial 5 but the quality goes down and to the truth they use other actors for the main role.

If you want I can suggest some more but these are some of the best

Last edited by shadowknight on Oct 7th, 2014 at 07:17 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2014 07:07 PM
shadowknight is currently offline Click here to Send shadowknight a Private Message Find more posts by shadowknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote