KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Man of Steel Sequel?

Man of Steel Sequel?
Started by: Supra

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Man of Steel Sequel?

If this movie lives up to all of your expectations, hopes and desires, could you walk away being satisfied with this one movie instead of making a trilogy. Or would you want one no matter what, keep in mind greater possibilities of sequels not being as good as the first.

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 04:13 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Even if MoS turns out to be an atrocious film, I still want my trilogy.

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 04:39 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Even if MoS turns out to be an atrocious film, I still want my trilogy.
thumb up

In the end I'd be satisfied with Superman punching shit left and right without any plot. Lucky for us it looks like we will get a good story with all the action.

I'd love a trilogy. Second could focus on Metallo, somehow being created behind doors by Lex Luthor, only we don't know its Lex until the very end.

Argh I dunno....just gimme mooooooooooooooooooooore

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 05:01 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

with zod's space ship, i'm thinking brainiac..

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 04:20 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

I want to see Darkseid or Metallo.

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 11:44 PM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

if this is a money maker because lets all face that true fact than I want to see Brainiac and then Metallo, maybe Cyborg Supes..

Save Darkseid which they most likely will for the Justice League film

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 6th, 2013 04:41 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Not sure who should be the primary villain in the second but Lex should definitely be behind him and maybe Doomsday could be there for some added muscle. Then, in the third film, Luthor takes the center stage (perhaps with someone like Metallo serving as a secondary villian) and it culminates with Luthor getting a Super Serum (like in All-star Superman) and he gets in an extended brawl with Supes.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2013 05:12 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Onestly, I don't like Brainiac. Advanced AI robot, it won't have much take on the audience. After showing the kryptonians and the spectaculity of them fighting each other, they will have to stick with something similar, like Metallo, or Mongul, Darkseid, or some other villain with real superpowers. Brainiac and his ego-trip about being superior as a machine, is too much "matrix style" it won't work

Old Post Jun 6th, 2013 03:19 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

DS should be saved for JLA.

The sequel should not try to increase the damage, or scope. It needs to loosen up on that. Less destruction! Let Superman have an internal problem

Old Post Jun 19th, 2013 04:22 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i have read rumors of a sequel being released as soon as next year.. mistake? i mean how can they follow man of steel up in such a short amount of time and be of greater quality? can they do it? or is it gonna be another "revenge of the fallen?" i mean just adding the cgi and the editing takes a long to do.. not to mention set pieces and such..

good idea or bad idea?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 04:52 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

terrible idea unless they have an entire script already completed. Either WB thinks they're that good or they're just rushing it into production to get their shared universe completed. I can only see this working at all if they pushed for a 2014 December release. They should just cut down on the CGI and focus on story development of characters. That way they can get it out on time and have a better story than MOS.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 06:33 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Personally, it's hard to deliver a movie within a year, The same article that put the rumor up referenced Lord Of the Rings movies which were release 1 after another. What they failed to mention was that LoTR was filmed as one filmed and edit later on. Personally, I don't think it would be the best idea to movie forward with next year release. It just means they have to push things forward fast which isn't always the best thing

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 06:53 AM
Senor Cage

Never going to happen, so get the idea out of your head. Besides Robinov was just fired and that could mean doom for the future of DC properties or it could mean something positive. Time will tell.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 09:27 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did MOS make enough money to make it worth a sequel?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2013 12:46 AM
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Supra
At the moment, it made a small profit. Though, I'm going to assume that WB/DC is looking at this like an investment which will have greater returns in it's sequel. The general audience seems to have enjoyed it so I can't see why they shouldn't go forward with it

Old Post Jun 26th, 2013 12:49 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Supra

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...uperman2012.htm

Budget $225mill. WW Gross at at 25 June $408mill.

So yes it's already made a decent profit in under 2 weeks of release. Chances are there will be quite a large profit before it's even out on Bluray/DVD.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2013 03:13 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks Darth! So they have almost doubled there money invested.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2013 02:05 AM
xJLxKing

I don't think he budget includes marketing costs, but yeah, it's doing well. It already is deemed successful because it beat Superman Returns with a lower budget.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2013 02:08 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by xJLxKing
I don't think he budget includes marketing costs, but yeah, it's doing well. It already is deemed successful because it beat Superman Returns with a lower budget.

I think the sponsors from Gillette and others have more than covered the marketing costs.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2013 08:19 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...of-steel-sequel

Looks like they're getting on with it.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2013 08:27 PM