KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Iron Man 3 vs Man of Steel

Iron Man 3 vs Man of Steel
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Iron Man 3 vs Man of Steel

It's early but who do you guys think will make more money at the boxoffice domestically and world wide? 5 years ago I would have said Superman hands down but I think Downey jr. made Iron Man what it is and I actually think Iron Man 3 will beat out Man of Steel at the box office. These two movies actually come out in less than a year so the wait isn't that long!

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 05:15 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah, IM3 ftw.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 05:21 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Yea the last Superman film made only 391 million worldwide while Iron Man 2 made over 600.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 05:25 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

no contest, although Supes should be good, Iron Man 3 will be kick ass and make a ton of dough

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 07:35 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Extremis will blow peoples minds.

Another Supes origin will garner results.

It's all about word of mouth and I3 will do it if the job is done right.
Superman is a character we all love but are used to.
Extremis Ironman is an evolutionary character + Stark's wisecracking wit.

There's no competition.

Last edited by the ninjak on Sep 8th, 2012 at 07:57 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 07:54 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

MOS might open in more markets world wide. Especially compared to the last Superman film, so it will make more money and with an all-star cast, might surprise a lot of people in the domestic total. IM 3 won't make 400M, probably around 300M, which Superman could do.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 08:23 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I see Ironman 3 netting big money once word of mouth gets out.
Extremis was a comic that resurrected peoples interest in comics and in Ironman as a character.
It propelled him into possible villain status and in 616 had him a world leader for a time.
Such an evolution in tech (I already no Inertial Dampeners are in play thank god) will get people exited. Especially the fans.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 08:27 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

WOM can go both ways. MOS might have good WOM as well, which would garner more money for it. Way too early to tell. IM 2 didn't make that much more than IM 1. Especially with inflation hike.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 08:29 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Will be curious to see how much the success of the Avengers will bump the solo films, if at all.

For whatever reason I'm not super excited for IM3 at this point, the Superman trailers so far have been pretty meh too, but I want to see Michael Shannon (he is amazing) as Zod more than I want to see Kingsly's Mandarin... a lot more.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 10:20 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Kinglsy>Shannon. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 10:53 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Maybe 30 years ago. Kingsly is a hack now.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 10:59 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Yeah, not all his rolls are good, but he was awesome in Hugo. Shannon has never really impressed me much, but he should be good as Zod.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 11:08 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Shannon is great in Take Shelter.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2012 11:15 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Will be curious to see how much the success of the Avengers will bump the solo films, if at all.

For whatever reason I'm not super excited for IM3 at this point, the Superman trailers so far have been pretty meh too, but I want to see Michael Shannon (he is amazing) as Zod more than I want to see Kingsly's Mandarin... a lot more.
I think these solo films will ride on the coat tails of the Avengers film and make some big money.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2012 02:52 AM
Darth Thor

IM3 has the definitive advantage.

But I wouldn't count MOS out yet. With the return of Zod and Nolan's name attached to it, there may be some hype and interest. All depends on the quality of the script though.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2012 03:42 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Zack Snyder can be a good director see his Dawn of The Dead remake

and also he just needs to cut back on the slo-mo.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 06:26 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Maybe 30 years ago. Kingsly is a hack now.

(please log in to view the image)

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 04:45 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decepticon
The Fallen

I don't know about money and box office but I'm really looking forward to both these movies!!!

Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire alone is not enough.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 06:47 AM
Decepticon is currently offline Click here to Send Decepticon a Private Message Find more posts by Decepticon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

MOS definitely. Downey can take a movie only so far, even SR made 400 millions which was boring as phuck. The hype of MOS is crazy. For those who hasn't seen the ACTUAL teaser, here's a link
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/?action=view&current=mosmp4-YouTube.mp4

Old Post Oct 21st, 2012 06:26 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Funny enough, none of my friends have any interest in it at all. More then one stated they are sick of DC remaking nothing more than Batman and Superman films. I'll go see it, but i'm getting to that point too.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 21st, 2012 09:28 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote