KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » WWE; Racism Debate

WWE; Racism Debate
Started by: Henry_Pym

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

WWE; Racism Debate

Do you feel WWE Brass are inherently racist?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 04:31 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Vince has some racist leanings, yes, but I think it's more of a general bigotry than racism. The guy loves his stereotypes, and being as out of touch as he is, he's just going to be stuck in some old ways. That said, I honestly don't think he'd stop a black guy from becoming champion again. Kevin Dunn, probably though. He seems like a real ****.

HHH? Not sure, but I would say not really, even taking in to account THAT FEUD with Booker T.

Stephanie? No.

Though I will admit, I think their problem with sexism is just as bad as their problem with race at times.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 04:37 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Well from what I can tell, most really offensive stereotypes based gimmicks for Black wrestlers were ideas from black wrestlers or were heavily beloved by the wrestler. Pastor Devon, Crime Tyme, New Day, & Big Zeke were all gimmicks they created and Kamala was the thing that saved an uneducated, poor, illiterate mans life.

As far as why aren't there aren't more top stars that are black, the truth is that nowhere in wrestling is there top tier black talents waiting to be signed. I'm not saying there isn't great talent in the indies who are black, but outside of Jay Lethal & (hopefully) Uhaa Nation I don't see any main event guys.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 06:27 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

To me it shifts. You will be lucky if the company likes you.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 10:09 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
HHH? Not sure, but I would say not really, even taking in to account THAT FEUD with Booker T.

I wanna say those comments were just for heat. At least I hope that's all it was for. Booker doesn't seem to have any ill will toward HHH.

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 02:49 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

If WWE didnt like Booker he wouldn't have feuded with HHH, Rock or Austin.

Look at all the Dubya-ce-Dubya guys they jobbed out instantly and turned to midcard jokes.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 03:05 PM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Vince has some racist leanings, yes, but I think it's more of a general bigotry than racism. The guy loves his stereotypes, and being as out of touch as he is, he's just going to be stuck in some old ways. That said, I honestly don't think he'd stop a black guy from becoming champion again. Kevin Dunn, probably though. He seems like a real ****.

Stephanie? No.

Though I will admit, I think their problem with sexism is just as bad as their problem with race at times.
Kevin Dunn is a piece of 💩

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 03:25 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

So what is holding back an Asian top tier guy? Muta was treated as top tier but since then, I cant remember a serious top tier Asian superstar since...

Itami has struggled to connect in NXT, and a bit could be a language gap, granted Itami speaks english.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 09:42 PM
LordofBrooklyn

Vince worships the almighty dollar.

Period.

He is arrogant, pompous, and tone-deaf but he would never allow race to limit his success.

If you are looking for stone cold racists there are people like Ole Anderson who is a notorious bigot. Harley Race wanted to give Tony Atlas the NWA title back in 1980 for 2 weeks while he was in Japan, that lowlife, Anderson, refused.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 10:55 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Well from what I can tell, most really offensive stereotypes based gimmicks for Black wrestlers were ideas from black wrestlers or were heavily beloved by the wrestler. Pastor Devon, Crime Tyme, New Day, & Big Zeke were all gimmicks they created and Kamala was the thing that saved an uneducated, poor, illiterate mans life.

As far as why aren't there aren't more top stars that are black, the truth is that nowhere in wrestling is there top tier black talents waiting to be signed. I'm not saying there isn't great talent in the indies who are black, but outside of Jay Lethal & (hopefully) Uhaa Nation I don't see any main event guys.

While I would agree with you in part, there's no way I can agree on the New Day. For months, anytime anyone asked Xavier Woods what the new stable was going to be, his answer was generally "nothing to do with being black", and yet the stable was about black ministers that was stereotyped to hell.

It's changing now, it seems, to have a darker element to it which is good, but I can't help but feel the direction it took initially was from on high.

Originally posted by juggerman
I wanna say those comments were just for heat. At least I hope that's all it was for. Booker doesn't seem to have any ill will toward HHH.

Oh, I agree. And I think a lot of what people see as racism was actually anti-WCW sentiment. I just know that a lot of people see it as being racist, so I wanted to cover all of the bases.

So what is holding back an Asian top tier guy? Muta was treated as top tier but since then, I cant remember a serious top tier Asian superstar since...

Itami has struggled to connect in NXT, and a bit could be a language gap, granted Itami speaks english.

if I had to guess, I would bet it's a combination of size and promo ability that they might be lacking.

Hoping itami bucks the trend, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 11:34 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

You kidding? The last episode of NXT was an Itami's road to mania episode and it was one of the best I have seen in a long time. I used to fear he was getting left in the mud like Breeze but not after that.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 03:49 AM
AncientPower is currently offline Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Tbf he came in with Balor & Owens, hyped exactly the same amount and he isn't on their level of popularity.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 02:07 PM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Stephanie? No.

Kevin Dunn is an assh@le to a T.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 06:06 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Itami is bad-ass and talented. Of course he's connecting with the audience.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 30th, 2015 06:21 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think Vince is racist, but he is legitimately insane.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 08:29 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Would be nice if WWE could find another Rock. The Rock transcended race. No one looked at him and said, hey, he's half black. The guy was so entertaining and electrified the crowd so much that no one saw 'race'.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 09:08 PM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

The Rock was/is definitely the biggest black star the WWE produced.

As far as racists go, I don't think Vince is. Bray Wyatt looks like a racist, but I'm being stereotypical. I don't really know if he really is, but he does look like a racist Southern.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 5th, 2016 01:51 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

So with the Rumor of Shinsuke Nakamura signing with the E, can we expect an Asian world champ or Kaientai 2.0 with Itami and Asuka?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2016 02:13 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Not happening. He'll end up as a Funaki 2.0

He'd be lucky if he gets the same treatment as Tajiri did.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Jan 8th, 2016 at 05:42 PM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 05:37 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Yeah... My fears as well.

WWE is trying to kill its competitors again, no matter what they/fanboys say.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 12:16 AM