KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, wasn't so bad me thinks [csm]bag[/csm]

Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, wasn't so bad me thinks [csm]bag[/csm]
Started by: Batman-Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, wasn't so bad me thinks [csm]bag[/csm]

What do you think. Why was it so bad, was is bad at all? Me thinks it was nice.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Oct 12th, 2013 01:19 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Better than Returns. That's for sure.

But the whole getting rid of nuclear weapons thing because a kid wrote to him was pretty cheesy to say the least.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2013 03:01 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Better than Returns. That's for sure.

But the whole getting rid of nuclear weapons thing because a kid wrote to him was pretty cheesy to say the least.

Yeah it was so golden/silver age kind of cheesy^^. But somehow innocent and nice. Not too much gore or beating up people.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2013 07:55 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

It was downright awful, but no where near as bad as Batman & Robin.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Oct 14th, 2013 04:23 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

It was awesome.

Why? Because of Superman's epic fight with Nuclear Man.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2013 05:41 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

This movie had good feats, it was also kind of silly.

But better than Superman 3 or Superman Returns and yes it wasn't that bad.

I actually think it was more entertaining than Captain America the first avenger or Blade 3

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Oct 15th, 2013 11:26 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

^I agree with you both. Sure it was kind of cheesy but it also had some awesome and funny fights and Nuclear Man was the "best-in-the-sense-of-powerful" Villain he had, except for Zod and Co.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2013 08:47 PM
super pr*xy

this is one of my guilty pleasures, actually. hard to say which one is cheesier, batman's shark repellent or superman's response to the letter.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 09:36 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggy22
Lover

As people have already said, the plot was rather cheesy but I also think the budget restraints really hampered this film. What does work in its favour is that Reeve is still on top form as Clark/Superman.
Given all of its faults I still enjoy watching it.

Scythe is a God among men

Old Post Oct 18th, 2013 04:40 PM
Ziggy22 is currently offline Click here to Send Ziggy22 a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggy22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

the budget was one of the issues.. the shot of superman that was supposedly in front of the UN building was actually somewhere else (forgot where)..

Old Post Oct 18th, 2013 05:39 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

When nuclear man takes the damsel in distress far into space... and she has no trouble breathing...

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Nov 7th, 2013 03:17 AM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote