KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Does Darth Krayt have a strong argument for being the most powerful Force user?

Does Darth Krayt have a strong argument for being the most powerful Force user?
Started by: Unbowed

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Unbowed

Does Darth Krayt have a strong argument for being the most powerful Force user?

With the exception of Force 'gods' like the Ones and Abeloth, it seems to me like the resurrected Krayt makes a strong contender for the title.

I am using Luke, who is himself considered by many as the most powerful Force user, as a measuring stick.
FOTJ: Apocalypse makes the implication - and a not too subtle one at that - that Luke and Krayt are equals. They are counterparts, the ultimate champions of Light and Dark join together to defeat Abeloth. The pseudo-Son and Daughter, as it were, stepping up to fulfill their responsibilities. They defeat Abeloth together, and it was my impression that while Luke delivered the finishing blow, it was Krayt who had the greater contribution due to his draining technique. Krayt was also on his feet faster than Luke was after the fight, and unlike Luke he did it without assistance.

Note that this Luke has decades worth of combat experience, wisdom and power than over Luke who defeated Vader aboard the Death Star, and the Luke who gave the reborn Sidious the fight of his life, and who defeated him in lightsaber combat and severed his arm.

If Krayt is Luke's equal in 40 BBY(or whenever Apocalypse takes place) then it stands to reason that the resurrected Krayt, who stated he returned from death stronger, and who gained the ability to see shatterpoints and use the Dark Transfer(to a far greater degree than its createor, Cade) would be even stronger?

While I realize that this is bound to be an unpopular opinion(the truth often is), please don't let your emotions get in the way of your critical thinking skills.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 04:23 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

No

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 04:50 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I don't know enough about him to really comment. But I would guess at no.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 04:54 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by psmith81992
No

Please don't unleash all of your insight in a single post. Save some for later.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
I don't know enough about him to really comment. But I would guess at no.
Well how much do you know about Luke?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 04:57 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

What Neph said.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 05:13 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote:
Krayt was also on his feet faster than Luke was after the fight, and unlike Luke he did it without assistance.

Yes, but Luke's position was one where he took more damage, so that makes sense.

They were 'peers' of a sort, but that doesn't mean they were equal in power.

Krayt is seriously no joke as a force user, even among strong ones, but it shouldn't be taken too far.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 07:40 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Please don't unleash all of your insight in a single post. Save some for later.

I don't need to unleash any insight because there's nothing Krayt has done that would make him the most powerful. Top 10? Maybe top 7? Sure. That's it.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 07:48 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd say by the end of the Legacy series Krayt was close to DE II Palpatine in power, but not quite - and FoTJ was twice RoTS-RoTJ Palpatine and probably 110-115% of DE II Palpatine.

However, power isn't everything, Darth Krayt knew the technique of Force drain somehow; as you said end of Legacy Krayt developed the shatterpoint charism and an unparalleled Dark Side healing technique that utilized awareness of shatterpoints to "fix broken threads" - which is why I'd say skill-wise (close to two centuries of experience) Krayt could be trouble for FoTJ Luke.

As of the their battle against a weakened Abeloth - Luke was doing the bulk of the fighting whilst, albeit near the end, being further weakened by Krayt's Force drain.

#nerd-rant warning

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: If Krayt had developed greater arcane abilities - like those of Vitiate and his mastery of esoteric offensive Force techniques and ritualistic Force drain and alter capabilities - combined with furthering his combat prowess - he could have been tougher than FoTJ Luke and it is good that Cade took him out when he did.

I think if end of Legacy Krayt had taken a bath in the Pool of Knowledge while on Abeloth's home-world or somehow suffered similar effects to that of the Mass Shadow Generator like Nihilus - the alter capabilities of Dark Transfer would naturally put him at the levels I explained in the previous paragraph. Few would be able to stop him in battle - he'd be on par with a full power x2 Sidious Darth Vader and FoTJ Luke for sure, at least.

Anakin himself had more of a propensity for rage than anyone else (this might of something to do with him being created by corrupted and confused midi-chlorians), if it weren't for his compassion and inability to live without Padme or the Emperor - who was the closest thing he had to a friend - his Force rage could have discovered dark transfer (Vader was good at 'fixing things') and his >Malgus hatred could corrupt and augment his strength in the Force faster than the pool of knowledge or the effects of severely powerful Force drain demonstrated by Nihilus and Vitiate.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Last edited by KillaKassara on Nov 27th, 2013 at 09:53 PM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 09:39 PM
Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote