KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Elves vs. Men

Elves vs. Men
Started by: SWblayde938

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SWblayde938

Elves vs. Men

This is strictally all the Elves vs. All Men in a major battle

who would win

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 08:12 AM
SWblayde938 is currently offline Click here to Send SWblayde938 a Private Message Find more posts by SWblayde938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Well, Legolas and Aragorn would be there then, would Aragorn have Anduril? That would be a major factor in it, as they would be sacred of it, and he could hurt them with a stare............ read about Narsil scaring alot of people somewhere in the trilogy, Silamrillion, or Unfinished Tales, or the back of those books.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 01:07 PM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Incanus
Well, Legolas and Aragorn would be there then, would Aragorn have Anduril? That would be a major factor in it, as they would be sacred of it, and he could hurt them with a stare............ read about Narsil scaring alot of people somewhere in the trilogy, Silamrillion, or Unfinished Tales, or the back of those books.

No. This is ALL men vs ALL elves, that is a battle of millions, so Aragorn alone won't factor in terms of combat prowess, although he would be an excellent morale booster/commander.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 03:20 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

He would still make a difference, however, as he would pwn anyone who is unskilled. He would even pwn the skilled ones. Anduril, the elves would freak when they saw him charging with it. smile

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 04:38 PM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yeah, no they wouldn't. This is a fight of many millions. And the Elves aren't gonna be scared away by a single sword here, if at all. If Orcs to flee from Aragorn, why would Elves? And millions upon millions of them at that.

I'd give this to the Elves. They're enhance physically in every way, as are their skills, and have the advantage of time on their side in terms of population. Their armor and weapons are certainly beyond anything Men produce. The biggest challenge they face are the Numenoreans, but I still don't see them losing.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 05:06 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Well, alot of Numenoreans were descended from the greatest warriors to ever exist, eg: Tuor, Huor, etc. They would be a huge factor. Aragorn would have a sword that DID inspire fear in millions. Elves cringed when they saw Narsil glittering on the plains of Gorgoroth. Men did to. Another thing: In the second age, the Numenoreans used elvish smitihcraft to forge their weapons and armor, so they have armor of near the same quality. In the first, it WAS elvish work, so they would have a good chance. Men of the first age fought against elves in non lethal sparring matches, and many could defeat multiple elves. You also have to take into account Turin would be there also, and elves themselves said he couldnt be slain except by magic, or an arrow from afar. So they gave him armor of mithril, and he was nigh unkillable, but he took it off to kill himself. Glaurung used his dragon eyes and stuff to make Turin leave, and then he made his blood get on him and stared at him. Fire would kill him, but elves dont fight with fire, do they? Men had many people that could defeat elves in combat with a sword.

Isil

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 05:32 PM
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

All the Elves from throughout the ages?

First Age elves ftw. Those guys were hardcore.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 12:27 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Yes, thousands of archers aiming for a few people, and they dont die. Strangem when they have arrows through their throats, or Gurthang in their stomach. Maybe their head is gone from the sting of Narsil or Anduril.

Isil

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 04:11 AM
ares834

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
All the Elves from throughout the ages?

First Age elves ftw. Those guys were hardcore.

Agreed. The Elves of the FIrst Age are just to powerful.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 05:59 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

True, killing balrogs and all, but you are forgetting the fact that men are just NOT the loser you may think them to be.

Isil

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 02:44 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

The first age EVERYTHING is just super powerful.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 03:47 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

He would still make a difference, however, as he would pwn anyone who is unskilled. He would even pwn the skilled ones. Anduril, the elves would freak when they saw him charging with it. smile

In a fight with billions of people, how will one man make a difference in terms of sheer combat prowess? Even if he kills 10 thousand elves (which is HIGHLY unlikely even for Aragorn) that still wouldn't be a big difference in a fight w/billions. And the Elves made Narsil, so they wouldn't be afraid of it.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 03:48 PM
Incanus
Istari

Dosnt matter, they were still afraid of it. Turin would be able to kill alot of elves, Hurin, Tuor, Huor, Earendil, Elrond and his brohter(srry forgot the name) were born mortal, but half man, but would be counted as men because they were mortal. Beor the Old, Aaragorn, Arathorn, some of the greatest men in history would be there, killing thousands upon thousands of elves. Name what Feanor, Fingolfin, and a few other elves could do. Men were the ones with the more notable warriors other than those 2.

Isil

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 04:05 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Dosnt matter, they were still afraid of it. Turin would be able to kill alot of elves, Hurin, Tuor, Huor, Earendil, Elrond and his brohter(srry forgot the name) were born mortal, but half man, but would be counted as men because they were mortal. Beor the Old, Aaragorn, Arathorn, some of the greatest men in history would be there, killing thousands upon thousands of elves. Name what Feanor, Fingolfin, and a few other elves could do. Men were the ones with the more notable warriors other than those 2.
You really don't understand the concept of BILLIONS of people. From the 20th row of each side and back, no one's gonna be seeing the heroes.

Same thing happened in 300. How the hell could all those men hear Dilios' small voice?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 04:17 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

yes, the concept of millions is a little harder, but think: The Nirnaeth Arnoediad, there were millions of orcs, and ye Hurin and a Huor maybe even others, fought like Balrogs, killing countless things. Turin killed countless things in his life. Single people can affect the course of battle, and Men have alot of people that can do that.

Isil

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 04:20 AM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Single men as skilled as Aragorn can affect the course of the battle, in terms of:

Leadership/command
Morale boosting
Convert operations/doing something that armies cannot
Small skirmishes
Politics
etc,

but in a fight with billions, NOT in pure combat prowess. These aren't orcs he's fighting, they're elves, and even if he kills thousands of them (which is more or less impossible at once unless if you think that Aragorn can solo 1000 guys with swords coming at him), that is proportionally insignificant in a battle of BILLIONS.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 12:42 PM
Incanus
Istari

You are only saying Aragorn........ this is every man to ever live, Turin, Hurin, etc. Those guys side by side with Aragorn, and any Elf that come near are gonna be pwned.

Isil

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 03:19 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

You are only saying Aragorn........ this is every man to ever live, Turin, Hurin, etc. Those guys side by side with Aragorn, and any Elf that come near are gonna be pwned.
So we've got every epic Man, and every epic Elf.

Each Epic Man is casting intimidation and fear on to his enemies and boosting the morale of his comrades.

Aaaannnnndddd

Every Epic Elf is casting intimidation and fear on to his enemies and boosting the morale of his comrades.

So we break even? Oh wait, except for the fact that the Elves have MORE Epic Heroes than the Men do, and 10,000 more years of population backing them. And better quality armor and weapons and skills. And natural Elvish willpower.

Elves>>>Men.

Billions>>>over individuals.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 12:00 AM
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Are you serious?

Some of the first named elves were far, fare greater warriors than the men you're naming.

Fingon alone took on Gothmog and was stalemating him until a second Balrog snuck up behind him. Gandalf outright stated the Moria Balrog was beyond any of the fellowship, including Aragorn. Gothmog > Durin's Bane.

Then you have people like Ecthelion who actually killed Gothmog....

Going just by individual heroes the Elves have the advantage due to First Age insanely powerful elves, and going by skill of the normal troops elves have the advantage.

Men's main advantage is numbers.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 12:11 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wait...you never said that this is contained in just LOTR!

Jedi ftw!

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 01:32 AM