KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Fitness (workouts)

Fitness (workouts)
Started by: wilco

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wilco

Fitness (workouts)

I'm not sure if this is the thread I should be using, but anyway! roll eyes (sarcastic)

After my coma and brain injury I am doing a fitness course. I always worked out in some form or other - rubgy league, boxing, cricket, gym, swimming and occasionally..golf.

I live near the beach and today I'm going for a bike ride - about (3 kms) and then I get to this grassed hill (steep incline). It's near the beach and many people use it (PT -personal trainers).

I try to make it interesting!

10 push ups and then hill climb. On the way back, I tread backwards while ducking and weaving like boxing in a ring.

Then I take my rubber bands out my backpack (3 different grades) shoulders 2 bands....back - 3 bands....biceps - 3 bands and triceps - 2 bands.

I also carry a small wheel for abductors.

It's great because around the corner, my boxing gym is situated there.

I usually do 30 minutes there...about 6 hill runs.

sits ups - obliques - leg raises.

shoulders - bands

biceps - bands

triceps - bands

also - squats and lunges with also bands.

Then I go to the boxing gym

speedball - 2 end bag - heavy bag

I try to mix it up

2-3 minute on the speed ball and then straight to the 2 end bag for footwork - 2-4 mins and then when I put my gloves on - 2-3 minutes.

then 2-3 mins rest and start again. I do that for 35-40 mins and then 2-4 mins of skipping to cool down.

Then ride home.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Last edited by wilco on Sep 11th, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2013 10:12 PM
wilco is currently offline Click here to Send wilco a Private Message Find more posts by wilco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wilco

In Australia where I live most of the time, it's about 86 F. So, I've been swimming constantly....the beach and rivers (streams). I hear in the US, strong snow in Dallas. That's unusual in Dallas. I'm blessed in Australia. In Winter where I live the maximum is 64 the coldest is about 50 F. Summertime it's mostly about 82 F, but occasionally, 96 F.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2013 07:26 PM
wilco is currently offline Click here to Send wilco a Private Message Find more posts by wilco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

I've been getting back into exersing recently due to my current job. (requires lots of swimming). I was an extremely hardened swimmer throught highschool and participated in weightlifting. What I do now is pretty weaksauce compared to then because I had such a hard burnout during my senior year. But yeah, after a year and a half with no exersize (I lost 10 pounds) i've finally given it another shot. I lifeguard part-time (college and all) and have been selected to take place in statewide lifeguarding competitions. Yes those exist believe it or not and I find that swimming with a diving brick or weights in deep water provide excellent workouts.

Last edited by COG Veteran on Dec 18th, 2013 at 01:30 AM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2013 01:23 AM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wilco

quote: (post)
Originally posted by COG Veteran
But yeah, after a year and a half with no exersize (I lost 10 pounds) i've finally given it another shot.

It's usually the other way around. - If you're full on weight training, you gain muscle, no fat.

If you're got exercising, 95% of people gain fat and eventually - you gain pounds/kilograms.

That's unusual mate.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2013 02:27 AM
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

I have a very low BMI and EXTREMELY high metabolism. 5' 11" and 125lbs. When I was swimming/weight training/dryland etc, and did this 5 days a week for 2+ hours. I was at 135+. lol, I know right? When I stopped, thats when the weight loss happened. 10 lbs of muscle.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2013 02:34 AM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wilco

So, you've would be a lightweight with a reach....no s**t!

I was a welterweight years ago.....probably 13 years ago. I am 5,10.

In the Army, most trainers their BMI is bad. Because they're short like me and they're about 185lbs. No s**t! cool

Old Post Dec 19th, 2013 04:02 AM
wilco

In 2 weeks I do my fitness course again. I did it for 6 months, but, you can only to courses with other instructors. Another 6 months, I can be on my own.

I can punish them myself laughing rolling on floor laughing smokin'

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 06:04 AM