KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who is the better strategist during combat???

Who is the better strategist during combat???
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Who is the better strategist during combat???

Captain America
Deathstroke
Black Panther
Batman
Spiderman

Please rank them from greatest to least. Pre reboot versions of DC characters.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 26th, 2013 08:44 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Captain

Old Post Dec 26th, 2013 08:45 PM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

cap

Old Post Dec 26th, 2013 08:49 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Team strat Cap.

One on one Bats.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2013 08:52 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaxthejester
Visit The Halls of Hulk!

Re: Who is the better strategist during combat???

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Captain America
Deathstroke
Black Panther
Batman
Spiderman

Please rank them from greatest to least. Pre reboot versions of DC characters.

Tough call, bud. During combat, eh?

Hmm.

I would take into account how effective they are overall (not at just barking the right orders, but also at getting folks to follow them, and keeping in mind that "in combat" often means random encounter/No prep)...

I suppose I would rank them as such:

1). Captain America
2). Batman
3). Black Panther
4). Spiderman
5). Deathstroke

Rational:

Cap can lead any team (even villains) at the drop of a hat, and they will tend to follow him. His charisma is so off the charts, that it's virtually a super power in itself. Leadership means nothing if you cannot garner the respect of your peers. Cap can. He's a soldier's commander, born and raised.

Batman is brilliant, but shines more in Prep than in Combat. This not to say he doesn't shine in combat. He does. Just not as bright as Cap. Bats is too dark. His charisma tanks where Cap's shines. Drop him into the middle of a mixed team dynamic, and his ability to truly lead would be tested, while Cap would feel right at home. That said, give Bats some prep and he owns.

Panther is somewhere between Cap and Bats, but lacks the Team Leadership Feats of either man.

Spiderman can lead when he chooses too. And be it as Pete or Octo, he's had a good deal of experience.

Deathstroke, I'm honestly not too sure of. I may be low balling him, and if so that is my bad for simply not knowing enough about his leadership skill set.

smokin'

Come visit Mickeys Tavern!

Just Google "Mickeys Tavern Comics"
Or click my Avatar and click on my "Home Page."
We would love to see you there!

Old Post Dec 26th, 2013 09:01 PM
jaxthejester is currently offline Click here to Send jaxthejester a Private Message Find more posts by jaxthejester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Lord Rogers.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2013 10:26 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Re: Re: Who is the better strategist during combat???

Originally posted by jaxthejester
Tough call, bud. During combat, eh?

Hmm.

I would take into account how effective they are overall (not at just barking the right orders, but also at getting folks to follow them, and keeping in mind that "in combat" often means random encounter/No prep)...

I suppose I would rank them as such:

1). Captain America
2). Batman
3). Black Panther
4). Spiderman
5). Deathstroke

Rational:

Cap can lead any team (even villains) at the drop of a hat, and they will tend to follow him. His charisma is so off the charts, that it's virtually a super power in itself. Leadership means nothing if you cannot garner the respect of your peers. Cap can. He's a soldier's commander, born and raised.

Batman is brilliant, but shines more in Prep than in Combat. This not to say he doesn't shine in combat. He does. Just not as bright as Cap. Bats is too dark. His charisma tanks where Cap's shines. Drop him into the middle of a mixed team dynamic, and his ability to truly lead would be tested, while Cap would feel right at home. That said, give Bats some prep and he owns.

Panther is somewhere between Cap and Bats, but lacks the Team Leadership Feats of either man.

Spiderman can lead when he chooses too. And be it as Pete or Octo, he's had a good deal of experience.

Deathstroke, I'm honestly not too sure of. I may be low balling him, and if so that is my bad for simply not knowing enough about his leadership skill set.

smokin'

Lacks the team leadership??? T'Challa has been responsible for leading armies damn near his entire life.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2013 10:55 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Lord Rogers.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2013 11:01 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Batman
Captain America
Panther
Spidey
Deathstroke

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Dec 26th, 2013 11:10 PM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Odekahn
Batman
Captain America
Panther
Spidey
Deathstroke

thumb up

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 26th, 2013 11:49 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaxthejester
Visit The Halls of Hulk!

Re: Re: Re: Who is the better strategist during combat???

Originally posted by Trackz
Lacks the team leadership??? T'Challa has been responsible for leading armies damn near his entire life.

I didn't say he lacks Leadership.

I said he lacks the Leadership Feats of the other two.
Feats- as in on-panel tactician Feats that occur during comic book encounters.

I'm not knocking Panther's ability to lead a country or a tribe.

I'm only saying that Steve and Bruce have more Feats with leading a Super Team with mixed individual personalities.

Country Leadership is very different than direct team combat leadership.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 01:05 AM
jaxthejester is currently offline Click here to Send jaxthejester a Private Message Find more posts by jaxthejester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaxthejester
Visit The Halls of Hulk!

Batman
Captain America
Panther
Spidey
Deathstroke

Wow. We were only off by a single person, and they were only one slot apart.

Great minds, eh? laughing out loud

thumb up

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 01:07 AM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Who is the better strategist during combat???

I didn't say he lacks Leadership.

I said he lacks the Leadership Feats of the other two.
Feats- as in on-panel tactician Feats that occur during comic book encounters.

I'm not knocking Panther's ability to lead a country or a tribe.

I'm only saying that Steve and Bruce have more Feats with leading a Super Team with mixed individual personalities.

Country Leadership is very different than direct team combat leadership.

No matter what anyone says about you, your are a forum legend now. You made my limitless rage monster realitysmile

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 01:07 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaxthejester
Visit The Halls of Hulk!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who is the better strategist during combat???

Originally posted by Supra
No matter what anyone says about you, your are a forum legend now. You made my limitless rage monster realitysmile

Ha ha! ...wait, what are people saying about me? confused

J/K big grin

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 01:17 AM
Odekahn

Wow. We were only off by a single person, and they were only one slot apart.

Great minds, eh? laughing out loud

thumb up

Indeed good sir.

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 01:59 AM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boss16
Restricted

Account Restricted

Either bat or cap for number 1 but I'm leaning towards Batman.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 02:58 AM
Boss16 is currently offline Click here to Send Boss16 a Private Message Find more posts by Boss16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

1.Cap.America

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 03:33 AM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Batman
Captain America
Panther
Spidey
Deathstroke

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 03:34 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

BP HE LEADS A COUNTRY END OF STORY

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 05:09 AM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Batman
Captain America
Deathstroke
Black Panther
Spider-man

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 05:28 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote