KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » If you had to choose...

If you had to choose...
Started by: LeonBuco666

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

If you had to choose...

pick between the following powers, you can have a combo of two powers;

Powers;
-Super Strength --- Max. 15 tonnes for lifting, pushing and striking, I mean what else right? Duh.
-Super Speed --- Max. Mach 3(1000 M/S) basic movement, Running & Striking with Mach 3 Speed Perception
Flight --- This is your only power, but you can reach speeds of mach 2 around 600-650 m/s
Matter Absorption --- Any Liquid or Solid(you can only pick 1)
Pusher --- if you have seen the movie Push, you know what one is if you haven't then, here goes a rough explanation, If you had the power of a pusher, you can make someone truly believe an event, person even their own actions happened, exist or never happened. in one scene, a pusher makes an agent believe he had a brother who was murdered, she made him believe that his long time partner was the killer, he went behind his partner and shot him in the back if the head. (personally I'd pick this one because the possibilities with this power are scary) ---but of course, I have to handicap it, so this power only "works" 50% of the time & the biggest scale type event you could make someone believe is a bank robbery, and you could only do this to one person at a time.
Durability --- think; luke cage.
healing factor --- you cant regrow arms and legs and shit, you can how ever regrow hands, feet and minor body parts. if your heart is pierced or crushed, game over. same for your brain, any other internal organs can be healed at a steady pace, each organ regardless of injury would take about 1 full day to heal. any broken bones, cuts(any size) or bruised skin would take 16 hours to heal, obviously if a cut injures any organs then you add the 16 to the 24 hours you get the idea.
Invisibility --- only able to remain invis for 15 minutes.
telekinesis --- lift any object under 3 tonnes.
shapeshifting --- take the form of any living thing but anything smaller than a large hare is out of bounds or take the form of any Inanimate object no smaller than a chair and no bigger than a car and a car is out of bounds too.
teleporting --- you can only teleport within a 1 mile radius, you can teleport 1 person as long as your touching them, you cant teleport anything bigger than a car.

Pick 2 of these powers, and say why and what you do with them...
also pick whether you'd be "good" or "bad"

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 05:11 PM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Question. With speed, am I also blessed with the durability to withstand the pressure of going high speeds? With super strength, am I as durable as the strength I possess?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 05:19 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

yup and yup anything else

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 05:20 PM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Super strength and healing factor... I would be unstoppable in the real world.

My second choice.

Super speed and telekinesis. I just think this is a good combination of power.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 05:35 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Super strength and Super speed the combination is too lethal; never mind lucrative.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 05:55 PM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Pushing and shapeshifting. The possible real world applications are ridiculous.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 06:07 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IceBreaker2000

Pushing and super speed. Pudding just sound awesome andwith ssuper speed I could finish my homework in 1 minute

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 06:39 PM
IceBreaker2000 is currently offline Click here to Send IceBreaker2000 a Private Message Find more posts by IceBreaker2000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Given the probable implications to expected life span, healing factor is probably my first choice. I'd take living hundreds of years over, say, 60 years with powers.

Beyond that, most would be awesome. IRL, there's no bad choice.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Super strength and healing factor... I would be unstoppable in the real world.

Ah, the supervillain route. Good choice. Though I dare say you wouldn't be unstoppable given the OP stips. You can lift 15 tons, have equivalent durability, and can't regenerate major organs? Hardly Superman.

Originally posted by IceBreaker2000
Pushing and super speed. Pudding just sound awesome andwith ssuper speed I could finish my homework in 1 minute

Really shooting for the stars with the latter there, aren't you?

Last edited by Digi on Jan 8th, 2014 at 07:00 PM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 06:57 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by MF DELPH
Pushing and shapeshifting. The possible real world applications are ridiculous.

thumb up

@Digi...

I wouldnt want to live forever. Don't think you'll be the same after witnessing death of love ones, friends, family..etc. It's near torture.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 07:02 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Digi
Given the probable implications to expected life span, healing factor is probably my first choice. I'd take living hundreds of years over, say, 60 years with powers.

Beyond that, most would be awesome. IRL, there's no bad choice.

Ah, the supervillain route. Good choice. Though I dare say you wouldn't be unstoppable given the OP stips. You can lift 15 tons, have equivalent durability, and can't regenerate major organs? Hardly Superman.

Really shooting for the stars with the latter there, aren't you?

Pudding DOES sound awesome, whatchu talking about??

I'd take super speed, and pushing.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 07:06 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

If I were to take the evil route, it'd be Matter absorption and Invisibility, it would take less than ten minutes to rob a bank or if I was taking a number of people on I could take most of em' out before becoming visible by then I'd be the hardest solid material I could find.

The good route....Probably Flight and Shapeshifting, at least I could fly around anywhere I wanted as a large RC plane or an eagle and not get shot down. By good in my terms would to have an enjoyable life with hum, privileges, if I was to fight crime I'd pick Durability and Superspeed, because bullets and shit wouldn't kill me, and Superspeed would make me a near impossible target in the real world.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 08:56 PM
DarkSaint85

I pick good, and I'd defeat carver at every turn.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 08:58 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

That would be spite, carver has no fts to back himself up

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 09:01 PM
carver9

Originally posted by carver9
Super strength and healing factor.

Lol..pick your two. I'm ready. stick out tongue

Leon. Be the voter for us.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 09:01 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I pick good, and I'd defeat carver at every turn.

LOL.

As to the thread :
Durability and Healing Factor. The healing factor in this thread isn't all that (though still awesome IRL) but with Cage's insane durability (relative to the other powers in this thread) it becomes sweet.

Short of a nuke, nothing could hurt you.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 09:06 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

I'd take super speed, and pushing.

With my speed, I implant the memory that you were the world's greatest hero, and everything you do is for the memory of your dead uncle Ben.

It only works 50% of the time, so I'd have to spam attack him, but with my speed, I can pull it off.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 09:07 PM
Insane Titan

Shape shifting and telekinesis

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 09:08 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Flight soaring above you

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 09:10 PM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Damn, it's a tough one...I mean, neither...um, it's such a hard decision.....given there's a 50/50 chance he could make you stab yourself repeatedly in the brain/heart that's a big advantage, then their is the Superspeed, which would make him a hard target traveling and throwing punches and kicks at just a little over 1000 miles a second.
You have SuperStrength and a shitty healing factor in a fight situation, but you have some level of durability, but he's gonna be hitting fast, and boy...he's gonna be hitting hard...obviously not as hard as you...all it would take is for you to grab a hold of him and that's that.

So, 50/50 chance he beats you without touching you or there's the chance, a low one given his speed, that you would rip him apart.

So ill have to give the edge to DarkSaint.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 09:10 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Telekinesis. In addition to its own unique advantages, you can simulate other powers. Chronicle, anyone?

Teleporting. Not just for traveling, but for defense and offense.

I would not be a villain, but I'm not sure how much of a "crimefighter" I'd be. I'd probably be more aloof, keeping a low profile, and intervening based on my own moral standards, then monologuing about it, about man's inhumanity to [insert topic(s) here], and developing a love/hate relationship with the rest of the world.

I'd also train a lot, developing whatever powerskills I could. I'd probably also practice situational awareness quite a bit, as tactically, I'd deem being caught by surprise my weakness.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Jan 8th, 2014 at 09:20 PM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 09:14 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote