KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Maximus vs Hector

Maximus vs Hector
Started by: jaden101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maximus vs Hector

Seeing as we've had a wee recurrence of these historical type character fights I thought I'd pitch these two against each other as they both seem pretty evenly matched.

In group fights they both took out plenty of fodder. They both had gone showings against a big opponent. Maximus against the big guy with the gold mark. Hector against the big general he rammed a spear through.

Setting is a small arena with various offensive weapons scattered around. Nets, maces, axes, swords daggers as well as shields of various sizes and materials.

So...who takes it?

I'm swerving towards Maximus as more of his opponents were more used to fighting in these types of fights. Then again Hector probably took out more trained fighters as most gladiators were likely criminals rather than soldiers.

Discuss.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2014 11:03 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Maximus has superior fights. He takes it or takes the lion's share in a match style fight. 7/10

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 12:15 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I'd have to say Maximus. He had more impressive 1 on 1 fights. So good in fact that he was asked to lengthen his fights to please the crowd. I don't recall Hector ever having an impressive 1 on 1 fight. He struggled against Ajax and nearly lost, though I say he still gets a few wins.

So yeah, agreed with Rob on the 7/10 for Maximus.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 02:09 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maximus won against the Emperor with a mortal wound. Destroyed legions, fought in the midst of thousands of germans, survived the colosseum fights pitted against him to lose. Took a pile of unorganized gladiators who are used to solo fighting and made them fight like an army just by speaking to them and won the impossible and was a true warrior and bad ass.

Maximus 10/10

Old Post Apr 1st, 2014 01:39 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Maximus every time.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2014 12:42 PM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote