KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » How in the Hell can any Superhero or Villain be stronger than The God of Strength?

How in the Hell can any Superhero or Villain be stronger than The God of Strength?
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

How in the Hell can any Superhero or Villain be stronger than The God of Strength?

Herculese is the God of Strength yet comic characters like Superman and alot of others are stronger, in some cases wqay stronger. I don't get it. If you're the God of something, you're the ultimate, lording over all.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 12:58 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psyquis52
Magik Blackheart

Read Earth X. They'll explain Hercules and the source of his power to you.

Whoah!

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 01:00 AM
Psyquis52 is currently offline Click here to Send Psyquis52 a Private Message Find more posts by Psyquis52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Earth X? But I already know the source of Hercules strength. It comes from the Gods, from the Heavens of Mount Olympus. You can get you energies from a more higher source than that. Not from the Sun, not from Magic, not from anything.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 01:08 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
..:Sn0w:..

The sun is a God......to some people.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 01:14 AM
..:Sn0w:.. is currently offline Click here to Send ..:Sn0w:.. a Private Message Find more posts by ..:Sn0w:.. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psyquis52
Magik Blackheart

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Earth X? But I already know the source of Hercules strength. It comes from the Gods, from the Heavens of Mount Olympus. You can get you energies from a more higher source than that. Not from the Sun, not from Magic, not from anything.

That's not exactly the truth. He's not really a god. Things work differantly in Marvel than they do in DC. Actually Hercules is an example of two steps up on the evolutionary scale.

It's difficult to explain. Believe me it's better if you read the book.

Whoah!

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 01:16 AM
Psyquis52 is currently offline Click here to Send Psyquis52 a Private Message Find more posts by Psyquis52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Yeah, in Marvel the various pantheon's of gods are generally regarded to be very powerful extraterrestrial beings.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 02:00 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Earth X isent cannon, is it. The "they are alien" thing at 616 marvel so far has been taken from the view of the common joe, not the rest.

They never refered themselves as aliens, and neither the rest of the whole superpowered community as far as i know. Cosmics included.

And how can you be stronger? By being in the same ballpark already and having the possibility of getting even higher like Hulk. Wich doesnt happen all the time.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 07:52 AM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

apart from comis and in mythology, hercules is son of a god, he is not a god.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 09:08 AM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

Originally posted by olympian
Earth X isent cannon, is it. The "they are alien" thing at 616 marvel so far has been taken from the view of the common joe, not the rest.

They never refered themselves as aliens, and neither the rest of the whole superpowered community as far as i know. Cosmics included.

And how can you be stronger? By being in the same ballpark already and having the possibility of getting even higher like Hulk. Wich doesnt happen all the time.
the hulk should realistivcally not throw with a man who drags manhattan.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 09:08 AM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

"apart from comis and in mythology, hercules is son of a god, he is not a god"

Im staggered by how many times this one needs to be corrected. No offense meant but it always shows up no matter what.

Herc was born a demi god but was rewarded with a Godlike status by Zeus upon his death.

The Comics followed from that point. When we see him for the first time hes already a member of the Olympian phanteon. Not a mortal.

- - -

"the hulk should realistivcally not throw with a man who drags manhattan."

They have both done more. And he should in my view.

Last edited by olympian on Jun 23rd, 2006 at 09:25 AM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 09:23 AM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

"apart from comis and in mythology, hercules is son of a god, he is not a god"

Im staggered by how many times this one needs to be corrected. No offense meant but it always shows up no matter what.

Herc was born a demi god but was rewarded with a Godlike status by Zeus upon his death.

The Comics followed from that point. When we see him for the first time hes already a member of the Olympian phanteon. Not a mortal.

- - -

"the hulk should realistivcally not throw with a man who drags manhattan."

They have both done more. And he should in my view.
yeah hulk has done more, uber pissed...hercules is already at that strength level, hulk is overrated and im glad titanus whooped that ass

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 09:32 AM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Hey, at least he has a legitime claim as how he can be-get stronger.

Unlike others:

http://img195.imageshack.us/my.php?...lwar28mv4ql.jpg
http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?i...liftspectre.jpg

Kyle should get extra pay for doing theyr work.

http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?...asmodel19yk.jpg
http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?...asmodel28hi.jpg
http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?...asmodel37pr.jpg

Gaea = top tier only stick out tongue And one that needs help.

Last edited by olympian on Jun 23rd, 2006 at 10:31 AM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 10:22 AM
Accel

Originally posted by King KAM
yeah hulk has done more, uber pissed...hercules is already at that strength level, hulk is overrated and im glad titanus whooped that ass

Hulk at his base is already around Hercules's level. He doesn't need to be really mad to pull off strength feats on Hercules's level.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 02:30 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Accel
Hulk at his base is already around Hercules's level. He doesn't need to be really mad to pull off strength feats on Hercules's level.
When, the 70s... 80s..? I see Hulk get beat up a lot lately whenever he runs into another hero or decent villain. He's not the same "Strongest one there is" Hulk he used to be, imo.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 02:48 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by Juntai
When, the 70s... 80s..? I see Hulk get beat up a lot lately whenever he runs into another hero or decent villain. He's not the same "Strongest one there is" Hulk he used to be, imo.

Well, yeah that's true. He does get beat around a lot nowadays. I'm referring to when he was in his prime. These days, he's just another plot device.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 02:56 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Indeed. Then again, at least he's better than '70s Hulk...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 04:26 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

zeus stripped away the majority of his godlike strength, leaving him close to class 50, about ten years ago if i recall. so, there's that.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 01:46 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

http://img195.imageshack.us/my.php?...lwar28mv4ql.jpg
http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?i...liftspectre.jpg

Kyle should get extra pay for doing theyr work.

I'm curious. Why do you keep saying that? It looks like Kyle just made a construct they could breathe in.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 02:04 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by Disappear
zeus stripped away the majority of his godlike strength, leaving him close to class 50, about ten years ago if i recall. so, there's that.

No, even Mortal Hercules is way above the 100 ton mark.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 03:08 AM
AQUA-MARINER
AntiMatter Corps

well my self i dont consider herc a god just realy strong. if you were a god over something you would not only possess that abilty but control all forms of it also.

Alan Scott Respect Tread KMC AntiMatter Corps: Yellow Dawning Sea Kings Sigs

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 03:39 AM
AQUA-MARINER is currently offline Click here to Send AQUA-MARINER a Private Message Find more posts by AQUA-MARINER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote